List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Remove this Banner Ad

We will agree to disagree, IMHO, he will never be an inside mid. Given the loss of Mitchell and Priddis, you would think a club like WC would know his capabilities. As such, they drafted Ainsworth as a future replacement and guys like Allen, who played as a mid until he grew, are better options as midfielders.
I agree that they are better starting options for WC in the role, but that doesn't mean he can't move to another club and develop.

I agree that they are better starting options for WC in the role, but that doesn't mean he can't move to another club and develop.

I don't disagree with moving to another club for more opportunities, but in terms of development skill/fitness, WC are probably the best club in the land.

Their GF side had only 5 players from other clubs, which is probably a modern day record, but all have improved since being at WC

Vardy - Struggled with fitness and continuity
Yeo - Developed to one of the better mids in the competition
Redden, Jetta, Cripps, now have better, more rounded skill sets defensive/offense

If they thought Allen had the potential to be an inside mid, it would have happened by now

I think we'll look at bringing in at least one DFA before the draft, and yeah I can see us dropping someone like Phillips if an opportunity arises to improve another aspect of the list.

With these new mechanisms, he'll wind up at another club if he can prove his fitness.

Phillips would be the most likely to be paid out early. I've previously said I'd be happy enough to get rid of a ruck, I think we'd be OK next year with Kreuzer, Lobbe and TDK, but we may be keen to see what Andrew Russell can do.

With our OOC players I think we have to keep Rowe for one more year, and I'd keep one of Kerridge or Graham, with the former surely more likely.

Lamb may have saved himself with a decent year down back but I'm not losing too much sleep if we cut him.

All four have to go if we are to take a DFA, and I'd rather pay out Phillips than get rid of Kerridge at this stage.

Could've been worse. It could've been a grand final loss to Collingwood.
As someone living in WA I could have lived with that.

You don’t know what it’s like having all these up and about West Australians around it’s sickening, WCE supporters are like the plague.

Now today apparently Freo won the trade period and they are all up and about, it’s like bloody love in over here

If they test well (mentally, medically, physically):

Goddard - was touted as a versatile top-end pick before his draft

Freeman - strong body, wins own ball, blistering pace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Mihochek, Greenwood, Miles, Sheridan, Austin in that order.

Mihochek really looked a player this year, probably a long shot but we could certainly offer him more money to come across.

I'd rather Greenwood to Barlow if we're considering him. Some other handy players.

So long as we don't load up on one type without much upside as we did this year, I think 3-4 from this group, or state league players, should be our aim.

So with the conclusion of the trade period, at least for players, we turn our attention to the next bun fight for signatures: the 2018 DFA period!

There's a lot up in the air this year, and there also seems to be a huge DFA market taking shape due to the situations at North, Adelaide, Port, Gold Coast, Geelong and St Kilda, so there might be a chance to snag a player above the level we're used to expecting from this period.

This year I've split things into delisted players (definite DFAs) and uncontracted players (possible DFAs), marking some players of interest amongst the names. Let's dive right in:

Delisted Players

Adelaide: Dear, Edwards, Jarman

Brisbane: Barrett, C.Beams, T.Bell, Bewick, L.Dawson, Paparone

Collingwood: <none>

Essendon: B.Goddard, Green, J.Merrett

Fremantle: <none>

Geelong: A.Black, Crameri, Gardner, Gregson, Hayball, House

Gold Coast: Barlow, Jaska, Rischitelli, Spencer, Willis

GWS: <none>

Hawthorn: Heatherley, O'Rourke, Willsmore

Melbourne: Bugg, Filipovic, Johnstone, M.King, McKenna, Pedersen

North Melbourne: Hartung, Jeffries, Hibberd, Junker, Mountford, Narrier, Nielson, J.Williams

Port Adelaide: Irra, Toumpas

Richmond: <none>

St Kilda: Connellan, Freeman, Gilbert, H.Goddard, Minchington, M.Weller, N.Wright

Sydney: Brown, Foote, A.Johnson, Styles, Towers

West Coast: <none>

Western Bulldogs: Collins, Mullenger-McHugh

Uncontracted Players

Adelaide: Cheney, Signorello, Hunter (r)

Brisbane: <none>

Collingwood: Goldsack, Blair, Greenwood, McLarty, Daicos, Kirby, Smith, Mihochek (r), Oxley (r), Magden (r)

Essendon: Baguley, Leuenberger, Hartley, Dea, Long, Mynott (r), McNiece (r), Draper (r)

Fremantle: B.Grey, Sutcliffe, Sandilands, Sheridan, Strnadica (r), Giro (r)

Geelong: Menzel, Murdoch

Gold Coast: Lonergan, Leslie, Heron (r), Dawson (r)

GWS: Keeffe, Simpson, Tizani, Stein (r), S.Reid (r), D.Buckley (r)

Hawthorn: D.Howe, J.Roughead, Whitecross, Schoenmakers, Lovell, Pittonet, R.Henderson, T.Miles, Mirra (r), H.Jones (r), Jiath (r)

Melbourne: Smith (r), D.Keilty (r)

North Melbourne: Morgan, Hrovat

Port Adelaide: Neade, McKenzie, J.Trengove, Snelling (r), Ladhams (r), C.Hewett (r)

Richmond: Townsend, Drummond, Soldo (r), Chol (r), Eggmolesse-Smith (r), Baker (r)

St Kilda: Longer, Lonie, Austin, Pierce (r)

Sydney: Rose, Maibaum, Robinson, Marsh, Bell (r), Fox (r), Pink (r)

West Coast: Jetta, Ah Chee, Partington, Lecras, Karpany, M.Allen, Hutchings, Burrows (r), McInnes (r), Olango (r), Bayok (r), England (r)

Western Bulldogs: Campbell, Liberatore, Honeychurch

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-10/when-is-the-2018-afl-trade-period

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/afl-brings-in-midseason-rookie-draft-for-2019-

575190_018d3a54d8e071c45fd7193c3af66a68.png

Outstanding work, Jimster!

Very handy, especially after today's delistings.

I like Mihochek, Greenwood, Miles, Sheridan, Austin in that order.

Mihochek really looked a player this year, probably a long shot but we could certainly offer him more money to come across.

I'd rather Greenwood to Barlow if we're considering him. Some other handy players.

So long as we don't load up on one type without much upside as we did this year, I think 3-4 from this group, or state league players, should be our aim.

Agree our focus should across this group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back