List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With Wood and Roarke already on the list, I’m wondering about the likelihood of us not selecting Khamis....

Sorry but you should never pass on your own academies quality. Discounted cost just makes it a no brain selection. Also, will be less of a flight risk once on list than say a WA boy who may want to go home.

Mannnnnn a top 6 pick plus west, bubu (my nickname for buku) plus a few others would be grouse.

I'd love to get a few mature aged recruits in to boost our age profile, pending if there are decent ones floating around.

The obvious question is can we turn Buks into an inside mid or ruckman?
He looks good of both feet too, well balanced kicking style. Can’t say that about too many on our list atm.

The obvious question is can we turn Buks into an inside mid or ruckman?
He looks good of both feet too, well balanced kicking style. Can’t say that about too many on our list atm.
Don't think he's tall enough to ruck, he's so good overhead I'd say don't rush him and he could become an intercepting defender. A taller version of Wood who can play tall, mid sized or smaller.

12 marks last round? And one draft watcher rates Chatfield ahead of him as an academy selection. Bukes, West, Chatfield, pick6/7, late gem. We should be ok although I'm still keen to nab a mature state leaguer late/rookie and explore FAs as well although Lethlean made a good point on radio last night - there's an average of 2 FAs signed every year so it's hard to actually attract one.

Don't think he's tall enough to ruck, he's so good overhead I'd say don't rush him and he could become an intercepting defender. A taller version of Wood who can play tall, mid sized or smaller.

12 marks last round? And one draft watcher rates Chatfield ahead of him as an academy selection. Bukes, West, Chatfield, pick6/7, late gem. We should be ok although I'm still keen to nab a mature state leaguer late/rookie and explore FAs as well although Lethlean made a good point on radio last night - there's an average of 2 FAs signed every year so it's hard to actually attract one.
Dawson seems alright too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we get to see them all play champs. They'd all have to have a pretty good chance of making the rep teams from here right?

Just looking at draft points as it currently stands....

If we take whoever at pick 6, that would leave us with only 676 points to spend on West, Buku, etc... That is equivalent of pick 28, so if West goes much earlier before that then we'd be in a decent deficit. The max you can carry forward 1723 which is equiv to the top 4 picks of the premiership team (or equiv. pick 6 in total), but I wouldn't have thought we'd go close to that.

It's a good point until it's fact checked. There have been 31 free agency signings (not counting delisted free agents) in the six years of free agency, and there's never been fewer than three in a year.

It's a good point until it's fact checked. There have been 31 free agency signings (not counting delisted free agents) in the six years of free agency, and there's never been fewer than three in a year.
Breaking my own rule of "never believe a word a St Kilda administrator says" didn't work out very well. Cheers :thumbsu:

West a certainty, Khamis probable, Chatfield a maybe and Dawson only a slim chance I'd say.
Is it Dawson that is averaging over 5 tackles per game?
We have options to rookie our academy selections if nobody drafts them, we might get a free hit with Dawson.

Is it Dawson that is averaging over 5 tackles per game?
We have options to rookie our academy selections if nobody drafts them, we might get a free hit with Dawson.
Not sure of the tackle stats. There's also the fact that after pick 56 they are essentially free (just need to use the next pick you have) as picks from then on have a point value lower that the 197 that gets taken off them. I'd saw Dawson as a rookie is very possible, and one of Chatfield or Khamis for "free" is possible too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back