News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I did it and had us finishing 15th with a half game above the Lions so probably pick 5. I had the Dees missing finals which was nice at least.

Not nice for my mum. Before the swans won in 05 I never wanted sides who had not won a flag before us to win their next before us but when I saw the joy of 80 year olds who have never seen their side win a flag I changed my mind straight away. Same with wb and even Richmond. Once we can’t win it I would rather the supporters of those who haven’t won a flag for years to win it. My mum is 81. She was a 50 a day smoker and still like a champagne every weekend. She hasn’t got long to go with those vices She is also a dees supporter so for her sake and others like her I really would love them to sin it this year and have thought that since we couldn’t which was round 2. Why would I want Geelong hawthorn wce Sydney or the likes of them who have won multiple flags to win again. Hawthorn average a flag every 4 years since 1971. Please dees come good and win it for the thousands of supporters who have never seen a flag. And then for god sake give us our go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not nice for my mum. Before the swans won in 05 I never wanted sides who had not won a flag before us to win their next before us but when I saw the joy of 80 year olds who have never seen their side win a flag I changed my mind straight away. Same with wb and even Richmond. Once we can’t win it I would rather the supporters of those who haven’t won a flag for years to win it. My mum is 81. She was a 50 a day smoker and still like a champagne every weekend. She hasn’t got long to go with those vices She is also a dees supporter so for her sake and others like her I really would love them to sin it this year and have thought that since we couldn’t which was round 2. Why would I want Geelong hawthorn wce Sydney or the likes of them who have won multiple flags to win again. Hawthorn average a flag every 4 years since 1971. Please dees come good and win it for the thousands of supporters who have never seen a flag. And then for god sake give us our go.

I have relatives that support the Pies and Blues and hope none of them ever see another premiership. I'm not as nice as you.

I have relatives that support the Pies and Blues and hope none of them ever see another premiership. I'm not as nice as you.
Amen Brother! The only Grand Final my kids have ever been to was the Grand Final replay. My son turned to me at the end of the game and said, "Dad, I now know why you hate Collingwood supporters so much. At least something positive came out of that game!

Yes much better if hawthorn or Geelong win another. Not about nice it’s about my mum.

I'm very fair but very nasty, I want there to be no wins for any other team until we start our eventual dynasty in 2059. I don't care about anyone else's footy club except mine. Actually that's not true, I really really care that Melbourne don't win one any time soon. My friends follow the Dogs, Dees, Hawks and Tigers. Every one of them has seen a GF recently except us and the Dees.

I'm not insecure or anything, but FMD I hope I'm not the lonely loser. Seriously some malicious higher power must be punishing me for finding some kind of perverse joy in other teams being incompetent. I'm sure there is a German word for the joy you get from thinking about how much worse Melbourne are than your team.

I'm very fair but very nasty, I want there to be no wins for any other team until we start our eventual dynasty in 2059. I don't care about anyone else's footy club except mine. Actually that's not true, I really really care that Melbourne don't win one any time soon. My friends follow the Dogs, Dees, Hawks and Tigers. Every one of them has seen a GF recently except us and the Dees.

I'm not insecure or anything, but FMD I hope I'm not the lonely loser. Seriously some malicious higher power must be punishing me for finding some kind of perverse joy in other teams being incompetent. I'm sure there is a German word for the joy you get from thinking about how much worse Melbourne are than your team.

Hope Melbourne win it. Bad luck for you.

In my life thus far;

Mother: Pies flag 1990, 2010
Father: Dons flag 1985, 1993, 2000
Older sister: Cats flag 2007, 2009, 2011
Younger sister: Richmond flag 2017

Now I don't remember 1985 since you know, being 1 and all, but the lot of them can get stuffed.

And most of my mates went for Carlton, so they can also get stuffed.

And most of my mates who played AFL played for the Dogs, so they can also get stuffed.

They can all win one for long suffering fans, except Freo since 10 minutes isn't that long, but the second they do they can also get stuffed.

once we are out of the race i couldn care who wins it .. i just hope for a good game ... that said if Geelong were to fall into a melbourne hole of 80years without a flag i wouldnt be upset at all ... i also could go the rest of my natural life not hearing the dockers song and be happy

once we are out of the race i couldn care who wins it .. i just hope for a good game ... that said if Geelong were to fall into a melbourne hole of 80years without a flag i wouldnt be upset at all ... i also could go the rest of my natural life not hearing the dockers song and be happy

Call me selfish, but 3 straight.

1 for us.
1 to stick it up Derm.
1 to stick it up Kingy.

Then we can let the other mobs win one.

Well guys I’ve come to the conclusion that I am somehow responsible for us not winning a flag.:eek:
Growing up in the Sth Australian riverland as a young lad I was a very passionate one eyed Port Adelaide supporter and had never even heard of the VFL. :huh:
Anyhow in 1961 my dad & his mates were going over to the VFL grand final, before heading over he obtained a couple of rosettes of each team Hawthorn and Footscray, I chose the red, white and blue.:(
It wasnt until around 1967 when we moved to Melbourne, that I discovered my dad had played for the Saints that I switched alliances and became a dyed in the wool Saints supporter.:stkilda:

So I thought I would mark myself on my journey through history of teams that I supported.

After giving up my first true love Port Adelaide... they go onto win an AFL premiership.:heavymultiply:
My first gig at trying to select a then VFL winner in 1961 .... FAILS.:heavymultiply:
Start supporting the Saints in 1967 as we all know a year after the premiership.:heavymultiply:
Footscray/Western Bulldogs go on to win an AFL premiership.:heavymultiply:

So please forgive me fellow Sainters.:'(
Feel free to tell me to piss off and support any other team (but being a stubborn old fart, I’ll probably ignore you).
Better still, next time we look like making the finals, maybe I should just barrack for the other mob.:p

I don’t mind the Pies per se but unfortunately I have a brother in law who goes for them and he will be unbearable if they win another one before we do. To make it worse, he’s not even a paid up member, just a fan, which I give him a hard time about.

For me, it’s the Blues and Dees. Basically due to “friends” who barracked for the other teams we played in the GFs so I reckon I’m entitled. Would be seriously peeved if they one won before us.

Sadly, I’m obviously also not a very generous person. Having said that, if a close family member barracked for them I suppose I would have to be
( reluctantly) happy for them o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely was glad that the dogs won theirs as they are as genuine a minnow team as we are, but every other team can go and get ARSED. No mercy.

I genuinely was glad that the dogs won theirs as they are as genuine a minnow team as we are, but every other team can go and get ARSED. No mercy.

I admire your vast quantity of good will towards your fellow man. I'm like some kind of parasitic monster that becomes so enraged when some other parasites is getting more of a fill than me that I go cannibal on them. I liked the Dogs until they were better than us then I hoped they'd stay down so we wouldn't be exposed. Them winning just made me depressed about what we were unable to do achieve.

I admire your vast quantity of good will towards your fellow man. I'm like some kind of parasitic monster that becomes so enraged when some other parasites is getting more of a fill than me that I go cannibal on them. I liked the Dogs until they were better than us then I hoped they'd stay down so we wouldn't be exposed. Them winning just made me depressed about what we were unable to do achieve.
Tall Doggy syndrome?

Had they stayed up and won another Id probably be the same but they crashed back down pretty hard so im kinda meh about it.

Schadenfreude.

I heard a really good interview with Terry Wallace today on SEN. It was about the famous "I'll spew up speech"
The Dogs finished second last that season and it talks about the background to that speech. The next year 1997 Footscray missed out on playing in a grand final by a whisker. Gave me some hope that things can turn around quickly.(FMD I'm clutching to anything now! ) I thought it was an interesting listen anyway. The link is here for anyone that is interested. Goes for about 10 minutes
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=259105

Remove this Banner Ad

Back