Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. So Dow went pick #3 because recruiters thought he would be a good contributor.
Dow's already shown more than half your draft picks.

Where's Galluci at, havent seen him in a while lol

I'll explain it for the 7th time to you Carlton fans, because you're clearly not getting it.
We dont gift games to our draftees, whether they're first round picks or not.

Carlton have consistently had spaces for draftees in the past decade. No need to earn a spot.

Tom Doedee didnt get a game for 2 years. Came in, 2nd in the rising star.
Where was Dow in the voting? Just out of interest? Oh he got 0 votes...yeh good year though.

Last edited:

If I was making calls about the future you might be correct, but I’m not. I’ve responded to a Crows poster who talked about how we supporters should feel about our respective recruiting teams here and now, and hence, I’m just taking a look at here and now. Imagined futures just aren’t on the agenda here, yours or mine.
well then if you are responding about the recruitment teams, you should respond to all the calls, not just the couple you believe you got the better. To me you look like you trying to compete not defend. After all it was Carlton supporter bring up comparisons,
But the Original post that started most of this was, a Calton poster mention that the Crows may not get a good player with the early selection they expect. and most Crow's supporter fire back saying Ogilvie has not missed a 1st selection to date which is correct call.
After that came the SOS calls and most were about SOS strike rate with 1st rd selections and how he has missed a few.
Interesting subplot there in how he got Brodie to the club. after forcing Rogers out. Both teams SOS has worked for he has been the Boss of List management and Recruiting and has had the last say. A Bit different to other Clubs work,

You can book this today
"End of the Year some Carlton Supporters will be bringing up how Stocker is better than McHenry, And like you they will say I am making the call today not the Future"
Why because Stocker will play a lot of football in 2019 while McHenry will be lucky to get 5 games for the Crows.

well then if you are responding about the recruitment teams, you should respond to all the calls, not just the couple you believe you got the better. To me you look like you trying to compete not defend. After all it was Carlton supporter bring up comparisons,
But the Original post that started most of this was, a Calton poster mention that the Crows may not get a good player with the early selection they expect. and most Crow's supporter fire back saying Ogilvie has not missed a 1st selection to date which is correct call.
After that came the SOS calls and most were about SOS strike rate with 1st rd selections and how he has missed a few.
Interesting subplot there in how he got Brodie to the club. after forcing Rogers out. Both teams SOS has worked for he has been the Boss of List management and Recruiting and has had the last say. A Bit different to other Clubs work,

You can book this today
"End of the Year some Carlton Supporters will be bringing up how Stocker is better than McHenry, And like you they will say I am making the call today not the Future"
Why because Stocker will play a lot of football in 2019 while McHenry will be lucky to get 5 games for the Crows.

Correct.
Does that mean Stocker is the better player, no it doesnt. It means he's had an opportunity at a team that knows full well they wont be playing finals.

You can book this today
Can you tell me which first round selection since 2015 will be a miss.

Can you tell me which first round selection since 2015 will be a miss.

There lies your problem, SOS has been a list manager since 2011. Their questions were directed at SOS as a List Manager in Both GWS and Carlton.
And his misses have been listed several times. you do understand in his time as a list manager he oversaw 20 x 1st rd selections. including 4 number 1 picks total of 9 picks in the top 5.

But before answering your question, why is most Carlton supporters always seem to forget they had 4 x 1st rd picks in 2015. and that it not always about the misses but the position they were taken.

There lies your problem, SOS has been a list manager since 2011. Their questions were directed at SOS as a List Manager in Both GWS and Carlton.
And his misses have been listed several times. you do understand in his time as a list manager he oversaw 20 x 1st rd selections. including 4 number 1 picks total of 9 picks in the top 5.

But before answering your question, why is most Carlton supporters always seem to forget they had 4 x 1st rd picks in 2015. and that it not always about the misses but the position they were taken.
Who said we forgot we had four first round picks i 2015? I can name all our picks since 2015 where you would have to go to Google, There lies the problem, some Adelaide supporters think they know more about Carlton than Carlton supporters. Back to SOS, hasn't GWS played in three Prelim's in a row?

Why should we care what he did before he came to the club?

Surely the only relevant aspect is how he has performed at Carlton.

Always seem to forget? I'm not sure anyone has forgotten that.

GWS was a unique situation where a few top end picks would have been list balance and not purely best talent.

Who said we forgot we had four first round picks i 2015? I can name all our picks since 2015 where you would have to go to Google, There lies the problem, some Adelaide supporters think they know more about Carlton than Carlton supporters. Back to SOS, hasn't GWS played in three Prelim's in a row?

Don't need Google to get the Draft list already have them, use google for the stats. and to check up if the players are playing or injured. like most do.
And yes GWS has played in 3 Prelims. They have also had 8 out of a total of 11 x 1st rd picks in SOS time traded, 2 eventually Delisted in Rouke and Jaksch.
Withfield, Corr and Kelly are the only remaining players chosen in the 1st rd still at GWS from SOS time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't need Google to get the Draft list already have them, use google for the stats. and to check up if the players are playing or injured. like most do.
And yes GWS has played in 3 Prelims. They have also had 8 out of a total of 11 x 1st rd picks in SOS time traded, 2 eventually Delisted in Rouke and Jaksch.
Withfield, Corr and Kelly are the only remaining players chosen in the 1st rd still at GWS from SOS time.
So how about answering my original question,which draftees from 2015 won't make it?. First round that is.

Just a crying shame with Adelaides genius recruitment team they've not won a flag.

Anyway to make it clear, Adelaide have a very good strike rate with recruitment. Just unlucky with coaching and retention rates.

We know all that and as supporters, we get pissed off and contact the Club, Crows supporters expect the Crows to Play Finals every year. and as a club 2 years out of the Finals and we sack the Coach. Even last year we as supporters are banging at the door looking for answers. with a lot baying for blood. Just read social media.
As a Crows supporter, I hate the fact we have not won more flags in the AFL, but what I hate worse is not making the Finals because the only way to win a flag is to play in the finals. and I was knocking at the Clubs door asking why.
We Crow supporters are not happy with the old rebuilding talk we want results.
So your wasting your time bring up the past with us as anything you got is nothing compared to what we think and say to our own club.
In saying that 2019 a new year and we expect to make the finals as a min. so we will talk it up, and if it does not happen we will also be harder on our club than any other teams supporter.

What's your excuse as a supporter because I get the impression your happy with your lot. when you should be demanding results.

Low production flankers were on the agenda then? Carving it up is hugely overstating it with Milera, who has been solid but unspectacular in his 3rd year. Curnow would have been handy with Walker and Jenkins aging and McGovern now gone.

Galluci averages 12 touches a game, Fisher 19 playing roughly the same position.

Edit: Galluci played 16 games this year, Fisher 17. He had similar opportunities, he’s just not as good.

Edit #2: Galluci 80% avg TOG, Fisher 76% avg TOG
Yep Fisher is a star. Anyone trying to comapre him to Gallucci is having a lend.

But remember what was said earlier....

List managers arent any good unless they win flags...isnt that what you or your fellow CFC fans were saying?
GWS havent won a flag, so its a fail for SOS so far according to that theory.

The other point is he had TWENTY EIGHT top 10 picks. You know how many Adelaide have on their list? ONE! and thats Gibbs who we didnt even draft.
So to summarise, SOS couldnt win a flag with 28 top 10 picks...

Yep Fisher is a star. Anyone trying to comapre him to Gallucci is having a lend.

Fisher is a 'star'.

Oh my we handing out that tag to everyone these days? He wouldn't be in the top 150 players in the comp.
Barely in the top 10 at Carlton who are the worst team in the league.

This is utter garbage.

But remember what was said earlier....

List managers arent any good unless they win flags...isnt that what you or your fellow CFC fans were saying?
GWS havent won a flag, so its a fail for SOS so far according to that theory.
Think it was the Crow crew saying that. Geez you like twisting things around, with your latest twist making old Hamish a fail.:cool:

... After all it was Carlton supporter bring up comparisons ... But the Original post that started most of this was, a Calton poster mention that the Crows may not get a good player with the early selection they expect. and most Crow's supporter fire back saying Ogilvie has not missed a 1st selection to date which is correct call.

Nope. The comparison was brought up after a Crows poster diminished Carlton’s rating of Stocker due to them being such a poor recruiting team compared to the other club’s who’d passed over him.

The context was set by the comment, made by a Crows poster who pumps up Ogilvie, so I’m just taking a look at it; who have Crows passed over with their first pick that the “poor” Carlton recruiters wound up taking with their next available pick? Turns out, it doesn’t look so poor for the Blues after all.

Gallucci played only one less game than Fisher last year. Milera also played just one less game than Curnow, 43-47 in their careers overall. To suggest the Crows boys haven’t had much of a run at it would be a lie.

Just a crying shame with Adelaides genius recruitment team they've not won a flag.
When a club has almost no top 10 picks in its entire history, to be a consistently good club making finals more often than not and never bottoming out is a great feat in itself. We can only guess what it is like to be able to annually draft top 10 rated players like other clubs seem to do

So how about answering my original question,which draftees from 2015 won't make it?. First round that is.
2015 1-Weitering was not a number 1 pick. but Ok as a 1st rd selection, missed a couple of stars to get him.
10- McKay needs more time but unless he improves a lot this year that selection could look shaky. maybe a development issue
12- Curnow a top pick enough said. more a #1 than Weitering
23- Cunningham will struggle he's more a late 2-3rd unless he has one out of the box this year.
2016 6- SPS so far OK but you should expect more this for a pick 6
2017 3- Dow too early to call but you need him to improve to be worthy of pick 3
10- Lochie O'Brien to early will need to show more.
2018 1- Walsh, needs to poll well in the rising star and I expect him to do so, good selection.
19- Stocker, Ok selection just hope people give him a go. his 2nd year will be the one that tell if he's good enough, but be good to the lad and don't make comparisons.

Remember it also where they were taken as a top 3 pick is and should be expected to be a class above. some would say a top 10 pick

I would wait on that call, Have you watch both Players or are you one of the many Carlton supporters that rely on stats to judge players.
I am a bored retiree, and spend a lot of time watch football, including the SANFL live and VFL via replays.
Fisher a good player but not a star his size will hinder him needs to gain a second string to his game. if he wants to play more than 150 games
Gallucci has developed a dual position nicely and is now ready for the AFL needs consistency thru out a game, but tacking to be a good solid player for a lot of years. potential 200 game player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back