Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be tuning into the Stocker show and keeping a close eye on him throughout his career.

How's the task we've set for Stocker here.

We've lost our cool-headed experienced defender in Simpson, and backup cool-headed experienced defender in Newman. So just come in and fill that role off the HBF for us in your first game no pressure
Reckon it’s a good way to start off. Get some loose ball off half back to get some confidence up. Hopefully he ends up graduating to the midfield.

Reckon it’s a good way to start off. Get some loose ball off half back to get some confidence up. Hopefully he ends up graduating to the midfield.
Probably depends how much pressure the backline find themselves under. But yeah it looks like the club want him to learn how to find some loose ball since he's mostly been a contested inside mid at junior level.

Probably depends how much pressure the backline find themselves under. But yeah it looks like the club want him to learn how to find some loose ball since he's mostly been a contested inside mid at junior level.
Actually with Williamson in he’s probably the messiah at half back. Perhaps Stocker is the Setterfield upgrade in the middle.

Actually with Williamson in he’s probably the messiah at half back. Perhaps Stocker is the Setterfield upgrade in the middle.

I’d venture more of a guess that Setterfield is coming back via the VFL because the midfield has clicked pretty well since he was suspended. On the other hand, we’ve basically just lost all out HBF’s.

I’d venture more of a guess that Setterfield is coming back via the VFL because the midfield has clicked pretty well since he was suspended. On the other hand, we’ve basically just lost all out HBF’s.
Williamson has always been the messiah at that possie and hes back. Reckon Stockers a better mid than hbf but perhaps he needs confidence in winning ball. Supposedly a good user.

Unsure why they wouldn’t be pumping games into Setterfield.

Williamson has always been the messiah at that possie and hes back. Reckon Stockers a better mid than hbf but perhaps he needs confidence in winning ball. Supposedly a good user.

Unsure why they wouldn’t be pumping games into Setterfield.

Williamson missed a tonne of preseason. Yes, we’re all bullish on his future, but with 3 first choice HBF’s now being unavailable, he’s been rushed back earlier than he would probably have otherwise been. I suspect the prevailing necessity has forced the club’s hand on Stocker at HB too.

No rush on Setters. He’s another who didn’t start full training until January. If he was a HBF I reckon he would’ve come straight back in, but the midfield has looked pretty balanced and settled the last couple of games, so makes perfect sense to bring him back via the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No rush on Setters. He’s another who didn’t start full training until January. If he was a HBF I reckon he would’ve come straight back in, but the midfield has looked pretty balanced and settled the last couple of games, so makes perfect sense to bring him back via the VFL.
Setterfield straight in for any of Dow, Cuningham, LOB, Gibbons, Stocker. Probably time to bring Kennedy back if he’s fit, even if it is just to rest a better kid in the 2’s while they get their confidence up.

The trades looking decent for Adelaide at the moment. Pick 2 for 13 and Stocker. Has a real Josh Kelly for Salem/Tyson ring about it now.

Last edited:
How's the task we've set for Stocker here.

We've lost our cool-headed experienced defender in Simpson, and backup cool-headed experienced defender in Newman. So just come in and fill that role off the HBF for us in your first game no pressure
stupid coaching.

Stocker is an inside midfielder and playing him off half back with no support with the drama of the trade is player abuse.

The trades looking decent for Adelaide at the moment. Pick 2 for 13 and Stocker. Has a real Josh Kelly for Salem/Tyson ring about it now.

It’s a marathon not a sprint, so round by round markers are of no interest to me, let alone whatever heuristics lead you to comparisons with other players/trades. Personally, I have an unfounded but sneaking suspicion that Carlton are going to have a season of two halves. This group desperately needs games together to build chemistry.

If I'm being honest, I'm death riding Carlton here because I find the trade a ridiculous gamble I would hate for my club to do and I find the idea of trading away the number 1 pick for what will likely be around pick 12 and Stocker as disastrous given the top couple this year are rated as high as any.

But why are Richmond fans so invested in this? They are all over this thread. You also cant possibly rate Stocker after 1 game where the entire team was s**t

But why are Richmond fans so invested in this? They are all over this thread. You also cant possibly rate Stocker after 1 game where the entire team was ****

Blues fans were under the impression they swooped on Stocker and "stole" him from Richmond because we were heavily linked to him prior to the draft. Since the draft though it has been pointed out at insider club functions that Richmond rated RCD and Ian Hill higher than Stocker and were happy for the draft to fall the way it did.

Blues fans were under the impression they swooped on Stocker and "stole" him from Richmond because we were heavily linked to him prior to the draft. Since the draft though it has been pointed out at insider club functions that Richmond rated RCD and Ian Hill higher than Stocker and were happy for the draft to fall the way it did.

please stop

There is no need for the facts to ruin a good story ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back