NFL 2018 NFL Draft - 27/04/2018 [No Twitter Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting factoid...

There are more UDFA's in the hall of fame than there are first round quarterbacks
Because UDFA have more to prove. They have the drive and the passion to succeed when people tell them no.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said he was 'working hard' on acquiring the No. 4 overall pick from the Browns in last week's draft.

"I probably talked to John Dorsey more than anybody through the process, but we could not come to an agreement on what was fair," Beane said. Beane also reportedly had a deal in place to trade the Nos. 12, 22, and a second-round pick to the Broncos in exchange for the No. 5 overall pick. That deal was nixed by Denver since Bradley Chubb was still available at No. 5. Despite entering last week's draft with six of the first 100 picks, the Bills will arguably take the field with one of the league's worst offenses in Week 1.
Related: Bills

Source: Pro Football Talk

Projected Compensatory Picks for the 2019 draft

Team|Round|Compensated Free Agent|APY
\WAS|3|Kirk Cousins|$28,000,000
\MIN|3|Case Keenum|$18,000,000
\LAR|3|Sammy Watkins|$15,830,000
\NE|3|Nate Solder|$15,400,000
\LAR|3|Trumaine Johnson|$14,500,000
\CAR|3|Andrew Norwell|$13,000,000
\NE|3|Malcolm Butler|$12,170,000
\BAL|4|Ryan Jensen|$10,500,000
\IND|4|Donte Moncrief|$9,600,000
\DAL|4|Anthony Hitchens|$8,838,000
\ATL|4|Dontari Poe|$8,533,333
\PHI|4|Trey Burton|$7,925,000
\WAS|5|Spencer Long|$6,850,000
\ATL|5|Taylor Gabriel|$6,500,000
\DET|5|D.J. Hayden|$6,333,333
\MIN|6|Teddy Bridgewater|$5,500,000
\WAS|6|Ryan Grant|$5,000,000
\PHI|6|Beau Allen|$5,000,000
\NE|6|Dion Lewis|$4,950,000
\PHI|6|Patrick Robinson|$4,925,000
\WAS|6|Terrelle Pryor|$4,500,000
\CIN|6|Andre Smith|$4,000,000
\CIN|6|AJ McCarron|$3,950,000
\CIN|6|Chris Smith|$3,900,000
\CAR|6|Ed Dickson|$3,566,667
\KC|6|Terrance Mitchell|$3,233,333
\MIN|7|Tramaine Brock|$3,000,000
\ARI|7|Jaron Brown|$2,750,000
\NE|7|Cameron Fleming|$2,500,000
\LAC|7|Kenny Wiggins|$2,500,000
\LAR|7|Cody Davis|$2,500,000
\MIN|7|Shamar Stephen|$2,100,000
Compensation over 32-pick limit; not awarded
Team|Round|Compensated Free Agent|APY
\ARI|7|Blaine Gabbert|$2,000,000
\ARI|7|Matt Barkley|$1,400,000
\LAR|7|Derek Carrier|$1,275,000
\ARI|7|Earl Watford|$1,250,000
\SF|7|Tank Carradine|$1,150,000
\IND|7|Frank Gore|$1,105,000
\SF|7|Leon Hall|$1,060,000
\SF|7|Logan Paulsen|$1,005,000

source: https://overthecap.com/2019-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5-8-2018

Compensatory picks per team are:

NE 3, 3, 6, 7
LAR 3, 3, 7
WAS 3, 5, 6, 6
MIN 3, 6, 7, 7
CAR 3, 6
ATL 4, 5
PHI 4, 6, 6
BAL 4
DAL 4
IND 4
DET 5
CIN 6, 6, 6
KC 6
ARI 7
LAC 7

For those who don't know compensatory picks are awarded based on a teams free agent losses and free agent gains with some cancelling each other out. The full list per team can be found here: https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Compensatory picks can change and wont be confirmed until the owners meeting in Feb/March next year.

What's the bet in 15 years people will forget how arrogant everyone thought this kid was and we'll be talking about how epic the 9 mistakes quote is from Rosen.

Serious Peyton Manning vibes

I think the multiple rings he wins them will do the trick
Rosen gets a new chance this week, at Miami.

His arrogance and terrible attitude hasn't done him any good to date, maybe the Miami locker room will respond differently

Rosen gets a new chance this week, at Miami.

His arrogance and terrible attitude hasn't done him any good to date, maybe the Miami locker room will respond differently

Leave him alone, he's a subscriber to the John Elway school of QB scouting.

And as a Rosen non believer myself BD....that's fairly harsh assessment of Rosen. From one garbage offensive line to another in two seasons. He hasn't had a chance.

Plus I reckon his attitude has actually been pretty good in the NFL. Hasn't thrown anyone under the bus or openly complained even though you could easily justify him doing so.

And as a Rosen non believer myself BD....that's fairly harsh assessment of Rosen. From one garbage offensive line to another in two seasons. He hasn't had a chance.

Plus I reckon his attitude has actually been pretty good in the NFL. Hasn't thrown anyone under the bus or openly complained even though you could easily justify him doing so.
He's honestly terrible. He can't read a defence, had poor communication with his receivers (let's remember, he had an all time great on his side at Arizona and still couldn't hit him in open space) and he led his team to the bottom of the league last year. He showed absolutely nothing to suggest he is a capable back up let alone a starter.

If I was looking to tank (which Miami are) he's a great option because no team can win or remain unified with him under centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? An incredible fall from grace.

I'd say it's done him incredibly poorly. The small amount of talent he had to begin with has been squeezed out because he lost the locker room and support of his administration in record time.
You clearly have something against the guy to say something like that against him. Probably never able to get a girl in a hot tub 😞 No QB was going to be successful on that team, and they decided to use their #1 on a better prospect.

Really? An incredible fall from grace.

I'd say it's done him incredibly poorly. The small amount of talent he had to begin with has been squeezed out because he lost the locker room and support of his administration in record time.

What a ridiculous take, since when has Steve Kiem been a competent GM?

Like I said, I've never been a massive Rosen fan but you're drawing a seriously long bow to suggest attitude has been his issue in the NFL.

Like I said, I've never been a massive Rosen fan but you're drawing a seriously long bow to suggest attitude has been his issue in the NFL.
What has been?

He looked terrible last year and the Cardinals couldn't get rid of him quick enough. If he was any sort of decent prospect, he would have attracted more interest than pick 62 in my opinion.

To point to Miami tanking and saying Rosen won't win you games is also just as ridiculous...what QB could possibly win a game with the garbage roster they assembled this year. Short of perhaps Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady.

What has been?

He looked terrible last year and the Cardinals couldn't get rid of him quick enough. If he was any sort of decent prospect, he would have attracted more interest than pick 62 in my opinion.

They also got rid of their first year HC and their OC by mid season. Make of that what you will.

You clearly have something against the guy to say something like that against him. Probably never able to get a girl in a hot tub 😞 No QB was going to be successful on that team, and they decided to use their #1 on a better prospect.
But I thought you said he was going to be a similar NFL talent to Peyton Manning? Or is it the Cardinals fault?

Listen Buzz, Allen will be that bad that he’ll become a famous meme for all future dud picks.

In better news Jackson will be a poor receiver in his first three seasons and then find his place as a part time punt returner.
Hahahahahahaha.

In all seriousness, it's sad that Jackson was racially profiled by so many people during his draft process. I thought we'd moved past that as a society but seemingly not. So pleased that he's proving the critics and the racists wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back