Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more like 4chan stuff, but it might have been circulated on youtube as well

Nah more the premise that YouTube has become this go-to-place for all factual based knowledge. They have people on there who tell you all about the latest covid conspiracy. It's extremely dangerous especially for younger people who are easily persuaded.
I am stunned older folks (as seen on the news tonight) would make the mask wearing a political debate and one about human rights when you have Australian's dying from the very disease.

Just saw an online ad for Sanity. They're still alive?
Yep

We used to have one at Waurn Ponds and think that only closed earlier this year or late last year

They seem to be focused as an online store now, and expanded from just music & DVDs to include things like jigsaw puzzles

Just saw an online ad for Sanity. They're still alive?

Didn't think they were. Maybe they're mainly online now. I know their stores in Westfield and Waurn Ponds have closed down.

Oh diddams... Wonder if they'll start a "go fund me" to help cover costs for the car repairs

Coronavirus sceptic Eve Black has been dramatically arrested.
Ms Black, who last week uploaded a confrontation with police at a lockdown checkpoint, was detained in Princes St, Carlton.

The window of her vehicle was smashed after she was intercepted at 1.55pm.

ā€œShe was asked to provide her name and address which she refused to do. Police then directed her to produce her driverā€™s licence and explain her reason for travel, which she also refused to comply with,ā€ a Victoria Police statement said.

ā€œThis led to police arresting her. During the arrest, police were forced to break the womanā€™s car window as she refused to speak to them, wind down her window, or step out of the vehicle.ā€

Members from the Dandenong frontline tactical unit intercepted Ms Black.

The 28-year-old of Warrandyte, was released to be charged on summons with traffic offences, failing to produce her licence, failing to provide her name and address and breaches of directives from the Chief Health Officer.

Police had been wanting to speak to her after she laughed at officers trying to stop her at Bunyip, east of Melbourne, on July 23.

Oh diddams... Wonder if they'll start a "go fund me" to help cover costs for the car repairs

Hahahaha EAD you moron. Glad the cops finally showed this brain dead moron, that if you ignore police directives they can, and will act according. She thought she was untouchable.

This made my day lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahaha EAD you moron. Glad the cops finally showed this brain dead moron, that if you ignore police directives they can, and will act according. She thought she was untouchable.

This made my day lol.
Drive the long way back to the Shop with every speed hump and pot hole found please.

GO Catters

Last edited:

I'm just disappointed she didn't post that video on social media. That is one video I want to see!

Looking forward to see the videos of local Karen's acting out after the latest announcement

And on a serious note, those in regional Victoria who haven't seen today's press conference - take note of the following update:

- Everybody in Victoria will be required by law to wear a face mask when they are out of their homes from midnight Sunday.

- From midnight tonight restrictions will also come into force parts of regional Victoria including:
  • Greater Geelong
  • Surf Coast
  • Moorabool
  • Golden Plains
  • Colac-Otway
  • Borough of Queenscliffe
Residents in those areas will not be allowed visitors in their homes.

They can still visit restaurants and cafes, attend community sport and visit gyms.

"The data drives that decision. That's where the transmission is. It's not in cafes and restaurants, but it is, in small numbers, in people's homes. One family to another," Mr Andrews said.

"A group of visitors either getting it from a family that have got it and may not know, or vice versa. So, there can be no visitors to your home if you're in any of those local government areas that I have listed."

Regional Victoria has 255 active cases, with 159 in six local areas around Geelong.

Looking forward to see the videos of local Karen's acting out after the latest announcement

And on a serious note, those in regional Victoria who haven't seen today's press conference - take note of the following update:

- Everybody in Victoria will be required by law to wear a face mask when they are out of their homes from midnight Sunday.

- From midnight tonight restrictions will also come into force parts of regional Victoria including:
  • Greater Geelong
  • Surf Coast
  • Moorabool
  • Golden Plains
  • Colac-Otway
  • Borough of Queenscliffe
Residents in those areas will not be allowed visitors in their homes.

They can still visit restaurants and cafes, attend community sport and visit gyms.

"The data drives that decision. That's where the transmission is. It's not in cafes and restaurants, but it is, in small numbers, in people's homes. One family to another," Mr Andrews said.

"A group of visitors either getting it from a family that have got it and may not know, or vice versa. So, there can be no visitors to your home if you're in any of those local government areas that I have listed."

Regional Victoria has 255 active cases, with 159 in six local areas around Geelong.

Dunno about others, but to me it seems sort of counter-productive that we can't visit people in their homes, but we can meet up at a pub or restaurant.

Dunno about others, but to me it seems sort of counter-productive that we can't visit people in their homes, but we can meet up at a pub or restaurant.
I think it just comes down to where there's been transmission cases - I haven't heard of too many cases of transmission in public type settings such as cafes, restaurants etc, and they have a lot of protocols in place

While in private residents people can let their guards down a bit with things such as social distancing, where you may hug your guests/visitors/family etc

Might also reflect the BS that we've seen in Melbourne with people still having house parties, hiring of a Airbnb/short stay apartments etc - soooo trying to remove that as an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back