Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protests are still allowed though right?
Harvey Norman better be bloody open. But don't go shopping unless it's essential!
Actually don't go anywhere unless it's to spend money only at a major corporate entity.
Or to go to work unless your silly enough not to work for said major buisnesses.
And we'll do our best to fine you essential workers on the way to and from jobs at every possible chance.
We're all in this together.

Harvey Norman better be bloody open. But don't go shopping unless it's essential!
Actually don't go anywhere unless it's to spend money only at a major corporate entity.
Or to go to work unless your silly enough not to work for said major buisnesses.
And we'll do our best to fine you essential workers on the way to and from jobs at every possible chance.
We're all in this together.
They'll be fine!

Did the virus whisper to Dr Sutton that is promises to only infect at night.
Another arbitrary decision likely not based on science, that'll affect thousands of night workers across the state.
You can still work nights. Just expect to get hassled the first few days.
But yes, it's a bit dumb.

You can still work nights. Just expect to get hassled the first few days.
But yes, it's a bit dumb.
Kinda pointless for servo or supermarket workers though.
No one coming in after 8pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope no-one here has visited Leopold library recently....

Leopold Library branch is closed until further notice following a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in a staff member of Geelong Regional Library Corporation.

This person had worked at the branch on Tuesday 28 July whilst asymptomatic, but may have been infectious at the time.

We are supporting the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in providing the information they require to trace close contacts of the infected person.

Library employees who may have come into contact with the affected person have been contacted, will be tested and will remain at home during a quarantine period determined by the DHHS.

The health and wellbeing of staff and the community remains the highest priority for Geelong Regional Library Corporation, and Leopold Library will not be re-opened until it has been deemed safe to do so by the DHHS.

It's disappointing to the many who have been following the restriction rules up until this point in time.

No socializing (haven't seen my friends for about 3 months now), no long distance travel, no more than 2 people in cars at any time.

But these new restrictions are going to really test my resolve. Particularly the 8pm curfew. I love my night walks with the dogs. Peaceful and quiet and been doing it for many years.

The amount in fines accumulated over the next 6 weeks is going to be considerable. Millions upon millions will be reimbursed to government debt.

Hope no-one here has visited Leopold library recently....

Leopold Library branch is closed until further notice following a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in a staff member of Geelong Regional Library Corporation.

This person had worked at the branch on Tuesday 28 July whilst asymptomatic, but may have been infectious at the time.

We are supporting the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in providing the information they require to trace close contacts of the infected person.

Library employees who may have come into contact with the affected person have been contacted, will be tested and will remain at home during a quarantine period determined by the DHHS.

The health and wellbeing of staff and the community remains the highest priority for Geelong Regional Library Corporation, and Leopold Library will not be re-opened until it has been deemed safe to do so by the DHHS.
Is it wrong to say that that's my region and I have no idea where the library in Leopold is?

Had a look at the list of the affected businesses of the new restrictions.

My work is safe, but seems like my brothers aren't so lucky. :(

Bugger

Hope things turn around quickly and they'll be ok

Weird thing is they're both working from home. Maybe it's only the offices that are closed.
Hopefully they can keep working from home - listening to Andrews press conference it seemed that a lot of these closures is about reducing the numbers that are out & about each day

If it's a case of being able to work from home, then surely there's no reason why that can't continue

A place like Sanity would have everything behind the counter anyway and just have the cases on display.

I drive out there to do my shopping as the supermarket is heaps better and for someone who hasn't grown up in Hobart the area doesn't seem as bad as it's reputation to me. Kind of like Frankston in Melbourne. Population growth just pushes people further out.

That it does.

Moonah and Glenorchy hsve been rough over the years, but are slowly improving.

Still bloody cold under that Mt Wellington snow though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back