Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Charge police day one.
2.Have national guard presents day one.The possibility for sort of reaction should have been foreseen.
3.State police to act on crime and lawlessness not just be spectators.
Every chance we wouldn't be here.

And now we have police being run over, an SUV being driven into another group of officers, and one shot too apparently.

I'm thinking no questions need asking when you see someone stepping back out onto the street through a broken window with a tv in their hands......

And there's a compromise. Give 'em a dose of a rubber bullet instead of a lead one. Lets them walk away with maybe a bit better respect for law, order and others.

Those doing it right now don't give a flying barn owl about Floyd.....They're just using the protest to advance their own agendas and personal wealth.
So I guess you think it would be fine if someone just went up and popped a bullet in the heads of those 4 or so police officers who were involved in Floyd's death?
A human is more important than a TV right?

1.Charge police day one.
2.Have national guard presents day one.The possibility for this sort of reaction should have been foreseen.
3.State police to act on crime and lawlessness not just be spectators.
Every chance we wouldn't be here.
Certainly would of helped. It's not what the President wants though. He wants a battle.
I tellin ya, that s**t today with the Bible and that today isn't good for us.
We need America to be a proper democracy not a regime.

So I guess you think it would be fine if someone just went up and popped a bullet in the heads of those 4 or so police officers who were involved in Floyd's death?
A human is more important than a TV right?
You know it's not just the TV,for some everything they have ever worked for, all the sacrifices them and their families have made over the years is now gone.There is no safety net over there they are ****ed.

You know it's not just the TV,for some everything they have ever worked for, all the sacrifices them and their families have made over the years is now gone.There is no safety net over there they are f’ed.
Yeah its devastating and a campaigner act. And i hope their insurance coughs up.
But it's still property. You start doing that and this doesn't go on for a few more days, it goes on for ages.
Then next time everyone arms themselves and starts shooting cops before cops shoot them.
People don't want to be cops cause they didn't get into it to kill looters (shooting someone is actually a big deal for many. No matter how tough) so you end up with a police force just full of dickheads.
Dunno if it's the way to go.

And so it starts here.

'Protesters' are demonstrating in Sydney to support those in the US of A.......

There's been supportive protests across the world - been some in England, NZ, a few Aussies cities amongst them

There's been supportive protests across the world - been some in England, NZ, a few Aussies cities amongst them

Yes there has, though I was referring specifically to it starting in Australia.

Not sure I understand the motivation, but whatever......as long the protesters don't allow their message to be hijacked like their American cousins.

I just wouldn't have thought that was the biggest issue in Australia on this particular day to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes there has, though I was referring specifically to it starting in Australia.

Not sure I understand the motivation, but whatever......as long the protesters don't allow their message to be hijacked like their American cousins.

I just wouldn't have thought that was the biggest issue in Australia on this particular day to be honest.

I think there's 2 aspects to the protests in Australia:
- one being to show solidarity with those protesting in America, an linking in with #blackouttuesday (I've seen an increase in the number of people & organisations showing support of #blacklivesmatter today)

- the other aspect being the correlation between deaths in custody of African Americans in the USA and that of Indigenous Australians out here. This seems to have been getting raised a bit over the past week

From an article published this past week, the key numbers in Australia is: 432 Indigenous Australians have died in custody since 1991; and zero convictions

It probably also hasn't helped that footage had been released of Sydney police officer arresting an Aboriginal teenager & the use of potential excess force. An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the arrest is now underway, and the constable in question has been placed on restricted duties

- one being to show solidarity with those protesting in America, an linking in with #blackouttuesday (I've seen an increase in the number of people & organisations showing support of #blacklivesmatter today)

- the other aspect being the correlation between deaths in custody of African Americans in the USA and that of Indigenous Australians out here. This seems to have been getting raised a bit over the past week

From an article published this past week, the key numbers in Australia is: 432 Indigenous Australians have died in custody since 1991; and zero convictions

It probably also hasn't helped that footage had been released of Sydney police officer arresting an Aboriginal teenager & the use of potential excess force. An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the arrest is now underway, and the constable in question has been placed on restricted duties

Yet an abstract from a report by the Australian Institute of Criminology on 21/2/2019 says that the data in the 25 years since the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody (1991/2) revealed that indigenous people were less likely to die in police custody than non-indigenous people, largely due to a decrease in the death rate of Indigenous people in police custody from 1999 to 2006.

The report also identified this decrease in the death rate of Indigenous prisoners as coinciding with a decrease in the hanging death rate of Indigenous prisoners.

No. Point not missed at all.
How I said it does not matter, no rule was broken so your involvement in the matter should be non-existent.

So we can do without your condescension too.
How you respond entirely matters. Its called respect and being reasonable.

And you know it.

GO Catters

Last edited:

There was no excessive force. He threatened a cop. What did you expect? If anything the cop went easy on him.

Certainly would of helped. It's not what the President wants though. He wants a battle.
I tellin ya, that s**t today with the Bible and that today isn't good for us.
We need America to be a proper democracy not a regime.

Does he though? He's had three and a half years. Why has he waited until now?

If he's this insane dictator that some have convinced themselves he is, he seems to take a long time to get this stuff rolling. Was exactly the same mindset (from the opposite side) with the "Obama will take our guns away" stupidity as well.

I've been reading for almost four years, from otherwise sane people, about how Trump is a dictator, has created a police state, a fascist state, you name it. All claims are absolutely ridiculous. it was a politician's photo opportunity. People are desperate to show how offended they are (still think the vast majority don't give two shits about some criminal being killed by police, they sure as hell don't care about destroying innocent people's properties or businesses), but he's not the first politician to do that. Won't be the last.

There are enough real things about Trump to not want him near the Presidency. But inventing insane exaggerations doesn't help and if anything will swing more people Republican.

So now that Coronavirus is no longer the trendy social/political/media issue, having been displaced by the need to push social change through large, prolonged public gatherings, can everyone go back to work, sporting events, public places, etc now?

Yep exactly.

And I expect all posters who were most vehement about social distancing and how deadly the risk was, to be the loudest about criticising any upcoming protests.

Just kidding. In reality there will be total silence. Because they really don't give a s**t and if it's their side they'll simply look the other way. Cowards and hypocrites every one of them.

Does he though? He's had three and a half years. Why has he waited until now?

If he's this insane dictator that some have convinced themselves he is, he seems to take a long time to get this stuff rolling. Was exactly the same mindset (from the opposite side) with the "Obama will take our guns away" stupidity as well.

I've been reading for almost four years, from otherwise sane people, about how Trump is a dictator, has created a police state, a fascist state, you name it. All claims are absolutely ridiculous. it was a politician's photo opportunity. People are desperate to show how offended they are (still think the vast majority don't give two shits about some criminal being killed by police, they sure as hell don't care about destroying innocent people's properties or businesses), but he's not the first politician to do that. Won't be the last.

There are enough real things about Trump to not want him near the Presidency. But inventing insane exaggerations doesn't help and if anything will swing more people Republican.
I'm not saying he has created those things. But IMO from his actions in the last couple of days is the way he wants to head.
I guess we'll find out.
If he wins, good luck to him. The people have spoken.

I'm not saying he has created those things. But IMO from his actions in the last couple of days is the way he wants to head.
I guess we'll find out.
If he wins, good luck to him. The people have spoken.

If he wanted to really head that way he would have done it already. He's a freak in many ways - weird hours, Twitter obsession, doesn't drink or smoke, you name it. But this strongman dictator? Don't see it.

Another thing when you think about it. Can you remember a US President less interested in overseas conflicts? It's actually quite striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back