Autopsy 2019 Bulldogs Fixture

What timeslot do you prefer to watch the footy?

• Thursday Night!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Friday Night!

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Saturday Afternoon!

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • Saturday Twilight!

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Saturday Night!

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Sunday Early!

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Sunday Afternoon!

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Sunday Twilight!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don’t understand why or how we lost the Good Friday match. It was an awful quality game but it was a nail biter at the end and the crowd was over 40k. Just read an article on the Age that said we’d continue to push for a second chance to partiticpate in that game. Can’t see it happening now. It will be Essendon vs North for a couple of seasons and then North will get kicked out for Richmond or Carlton and it will be the same old story once again.

I still don’t understand why or how we lost the Good Friday match. It was an awful quality game but it was a nail biter at the end and the crowd was over 40k. Just read an article on the Age that said we’d continue to push for a second chance to partiticpate in that game. Can’t see it happening now. It will be Essendon vs North for a couple of seasons and then North will get kicked out for Richmond or Carlton and it will be the same old story once again.
The AFL just used us an Norf as a trial run to see if people would front up for a Good Friday game. Once they saw that people would come they gave us the flick. To make more money from it , they have stuck with Norf for now but won't be long before they are replaced. Another of the anointed BIG clubs will take their place

Certainty not easy on the double ups.

Geelong, Collingwood, Brisbane, Fremantle and Gold Coast, with Brisbane and Freo tipped to improve.
I'm thinking the complete opposite. Brisbane, Freo and GC are trash. Geelong are mediocre. Really only the Pies of any quality and we always match up well against them anyway.

Essendon with far too many prime time slots for my liking.
Completely agree. Essendon have been dealt a draw based on a baseless prediction of improvement by the AFL. I would rarely say this but I agree with Jeff Kennett - I have no idea how they can justify giving the Bombers the draw they did whilst a proven finals team in Hawthorn gets pushed aside. One year teams need to 'earn it', the next the AFL bases it on 'we think they'll do well'.

As for Good Friday, it's further confirmation that those in charge are completely gutless. This was the perfect opportunity to give some traditionally low drawing teams a shot at making it a decent fixture and build this into a real thing (whether we're involved or not). Instead they've gone the easy route in putting Essendon into the timeslot so they can then triumphantly declare it a success when the crowd draws an OK number. Toally gutless by the AFL and shows where their priorities lie.

The only reason Essendon got a look in is because ANZAC Day is so close. If it wasn't close then Melbourne probably would have been next in line, or Adelaide would have tried to hijack the whole thing to host it themselves (before the AFL dumped a game in Perth that will be Fox only).

As for our draw, looks like I'll be doing a handful of games again. Easter Weekend is a lock, 1st weekend of May against Richmond is good for me (long weekend in Qld and there's a run in Melbourne on the Sunday), I'm definitely going to the Eagles game in Perth en-route to South Africa as well as the Carlton game 2 weeks later on the way home and I'll certainly be at the Gabba with the old man (a Lions fan). I'll also be interested how the GC vs Richmond game goes on marathon weekend/my 35th birthday given that the Suns usually get their biggest crowd of the year that weekend and just how they will react to Lynch returning will see if Suns fans actually care about what the game has been about for over 100 years.

I prefer the afternoon games on the Saturday and Sunday. Don’t like the twilight timeslots much and don’t mind the night games. After the season we had in 2018 not surprised we only got 1 Friday night game.

More MCG games would have been good. Two is not enough as tigers get 13!

Yeah I wouldn’t mind more games at the G each year for the Dogs. We do seem to play pretty good when we have played there.

The dream for me would be to play one home game per year at try Whitten Oval.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn’t mind more games at the G each year for the Dogs. We do seem to play pretty good when we have played there.

The dream for me would be to play one home game per year at try Whitten Oval.
Why are we the only Melbourne club who is still in love with the idea of playing a home and away game at our traditional home ground ? Not saying I don’t want it to happen and it is the wrong thing to do but you never hear Essendon supporters wanting to play at Windy Hill etc.

Personally I am quite content just for VFL and AFLW games to be played there, but if it is feasible to play AFL there once a year well then I suppose why not.

Just an observation.

Back