List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Parker is he peaked early and just did not come one like we all hoped he would. Good player when in form but more of a top 50 player in the competition type player.
So pick 40 becomes a two time Skilton medalist, all Australian and Brownlow runner up and he hasn't "come on" enough for you.
Okay then......

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I was a relatively big critic of Parker's through our 2014-2017 run of playing finals, with respect to him being disappointing often in big games and not being as good as his league-wide reputation seemed to have him, but it's just plain silly to say he hasn't come on like we expected. He's been an excellent player and you'd be delighted with his output whether he was selected first overall or 40th.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Can’t speak for others but I’m not basing any cringing I do off a highlights package. Seen Flanders all year and parts of last year too. Don’t rate.
Have you gone into the Sydney Swans office to let them know this?
If you have some valuable info on potential draftees that our club wouldn't know about then it's important you pass on this knowledge.
Our very expensive list management team may have overlooked stuff that you have worked hard to find out!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
That nearly always happens when the momentum has swung in the midfield and we are trying to hold on either at the end of a quarter or the game - which is just basic coaching.
Yeah but "basic coaching" is no where near the "elite coaching" knowledge required, which is provided by a few talented posters on here.:rolleyes:

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Hi Lads,
Sorry to intrude - I've been playing with my R1 & R2 mock for the past fortnight and really like where you guys have picks this year. Would you be happy with your selections if it played out like this? (Flanders, C. Stephens & Dow)
#1 - Gold Coast - Matt Rowell
#2 - Gold Coast - Noah Anderson
#3 - Melbourne - Luke Jackson
#4 - GWS - Lachie Ash
#5 - GWS (Matched Bid) - Tom Green
#6 - Sydney - Sam Flanders
#7 - Adelaide - Fischer McAsey
#8 - Fremantle - Hayden Young
#9 - Fremantle - Deven Robertson
#10 - Carlton - Dylan Stephens
#11 - Fremantle (Matched Bid) - Liam Henry
#12 - Melbourne - Kysaiah Pickett
#13 - Hawthorn - Brodie Kemp
#14 - Port - Caleb Serong
#15 - Bulldogs - Cody Weightman
#16 - Geelong - Miles Bergman
#17 - Gold Coast - Will Day
#18 - Port - Josh Worell
#19 - Geelong - Sam De Koning
#20 - Port - Trent Bianco
#21 - Richmond - Trent Rivers
#22 - Gold Coast - Will Gould
#23 - Brisbane - Jay Rantall
#24 - Adelaide - Harrison Jones
#25 - Adelaide - Harry Schoenberg
#26 - Hawthorn (Matched Bid) - Finn Maginess
#27 - Geelong - Cam Taheny
#28 - Port (Matched Bid) - Jackson Mead
#29 - Sydney - Cooper Stephens
#30 - Kangaroos - Dylan Williams
#31 - Kangaroos - Mitch O'Neill
#32 - Melbourne - Darcy Chirgwin
#33 - Brisbane - Jeremy Sharp
#34 - Kangaroos - Karl Finlay
#35 - Essendon - Mitch Georgiadis
#36 - Sydney - Thomson Dow
#37 - Essendon - Hugo Ralph-Smith
#38 - Brisbane - Luke Partington
#39 - Collingwood - Jake Riccardi
#40 - Geelong - Ryan Byrnes
#41 - Adelaide - Nick Bryan
#42 - Richmond - Elijah Taylor
#43 - Richmond - Emerson Jeka

Impressive!

Now I think you should get out of your room & go say hello to another member of the household at least once a day.;)

Keyter

All Australian
Dec 6, 2010
Docklands
AFL Club
Sydney
The media are all saying Flanders for swans 1st Pick - suggests to me they have all been given the same disinformation in their calls to swans office..be very surprised if they choose Flanders.
If Melb choose Jackson, it will be a bid on green, with young or kemp left for the swans, imo.

People forget that Robertson also won the best player of the U18 Championships too, which to me says he is being underrated in quite a few phantom drafts and power rankings.

Upgrade our second with our future to a mid first

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
People forget that Robertson also won the best player of the U18 Championships too, which to me says he is being underrated in quite a few phantom drafts and power rankings.

He is being rated as being largely a one dimensional player. Inside mid or bust.

Most of the players touted in front of him can play multiple roles at AFL level.

That’s how I’d read it anyway.

The media are all saying Flanders for swans 1st Pick - suggests to me they have all been given the same disinformation in their calls to swans office..be very surprised if they choose Flanders.
If Melb choose Jackson, it will be a bid on green, with young or kemp left for the swans, imo.

Rather Flanders than Young and personally it’s not close

He is being rated as being largely a one dimensional player. Inside mid or bust.

Most of the players touted in front of him can play multiple roles at AFL level.

Also if he’s an inside mid only when can he play? Very rare (Cripps aside) for one to do that role straight away

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I really feel we will be very active on the live trade front. Better to do it on the night that way you catch other teams out, bar the ones we deal with. I even feel we will be prepared to trade next year's first round with Port's 16 or 18 this year. That would be tempting for them if they feel we will miss finals next year which is very likely. Our first pick is worth less to us next year.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Nothing wrong with being one dimensional if you are very good at that one thing. No one was saying "you know I like Ted Richards, but I wish he could play as a winger sometimes"

I really feel we will be very active on the live trade front. Better to do it on the night that way you catch other teams out, bar the ones we deal with. I even feel we will be prepared to trade next year's first round with Port's 16 or 18 this year. That would be tempting for them if they feel we will miss finals next year which is very likely. Our first pick is worth less to us next year.
I'd like to see us be proactive in moving our 2nd pick forward a little bit so that we can grab Schoenberg or Stephens, as I'm really worried that both might be gone by our pick, particularly with Adelaide having two picks just before us.

Would be a terrible deal for us if that’s the deal. Next year is “compromised” but we could easily have a top 4 pick. At a minimum I’d want Carlton’s pick 9/10 this year or Hawthorns pick 11. If it’s for 16/18...it’s a waste of time

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to see us be proactive in moving our 2nd pick forward a little bit so that we can grab Schoenberg or Stephens, as I'm really worried that both might be gone by our pick, particularly with Adelaide having two picks just before us.

I think both will be gone, which is a shame as I really like the sound of Cooper Stephens. Seems like the sort of player who would be great at the Swans.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Would be a terrible deal for us if that’s the deal. Next year is “compromised” but we could easily have a top 4 pick. At a minimum I’d want Carlton’s pick 9/10 this year or Hawthorns pick 11. If it’s for 16/18...it’s a waste of time

We should have traded Papley, or worked harder to get the trade done. I love Papley, one of our best players, but if he does not want to be here then it would have made sense to trade him, especially if we managed to get pick 9 for him as pick 9 would have been a fair deal and would have given us more options tomorrow as well.

Swannnnn

Senior List
Oct 24, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
We should have traded Papley, or worked harder to get the trade done. I love Papley, one of our best players, but if he does not want to be here then it would have made sense to trade him, especially if we managed to get pick 9 for him as pick 9 would have been a fair deal and would have given us more options tomorrow as well.

I thought Carlton wanted our second round coming back for 9?

If it was just 9 on its own, I think we would've taken it.

I said the same thing at the time it’s debatable we’ll get a better deal next season. Carlton should improve.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Not if we back ourselves to finish 6th to 10th while the team we deal with thinks it will be much lower & also not if we have identified a player we want that may be gone by pick 25 but just throwing out some scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back