Prediction 2019 Hypothetical Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's say hypothetically the Swans traded Papley for pick 9. Taylor's been linked with Sydney and Cutler with Bombers. Lions want to trade up for a top 10 pick.

Essendon Gain: Picks 9, 16, Tom Cutler.
Essendon Lose: Joe Daniher.

Sydney Gain: Joe Daniher, Lewis Taylor, Pick 21.
Sydney Lose: Picks 5, 9.

Brisbane Gain: Pick 5
Brisbane Lose: Tom Cutler, Lewis Taylor, Picks 16, 21.

Let's say hypothetically the Swans traded Papley for pick 9. Taylor's been linked with Sydney and Cutler with Bombers. Lions want to trade up for a top 10 pick.

Essendon Gain: Picks 9, 16, Tom Cutler.
Essendon Lose: Joe Daniher.

Sydney Gain: Joe Daniher, Lewis Taylor, Pick 21.
Sydney Lose: Picks 5, 9.

Brisbane Gain: Pick 5
Brisbane Lose: Tom Cutler, Lewis Taylor, Picks 16, 21.

I think that the swans and Bombers would deal directly with each other rather than accept this 3 way trade involving Brisbane.

The Lions make out like bandits in my opinion as 16 and 21 would equate to pick 9 at best (based on the GWS/St Kilda trade) and I don't think it would be likely that many teams would trade down from 5 to 9/10/11 for the likes of the Lions players on offer. A later pick or pick swap would be more likely.

David Noble has hinted that we want to get the Callum Ah Chee deal done and other than that we'd like to move up into the top 10-12 selections from our current picks 16 & 21 if possible.

There could also be a few later round selections (possible future selections) coming in for Lewy Taylor, Tom Cutler and Nick Robertson although I get the feeling we'd be quite happy to keep Taylor and Robertson in particular if deals can't get done.

Adelaide Crows trading (How to re-build their list)

Start with 4,23,28,49 for Ellis-Yoleman

Pick 32 & 53 (WB) for Keath
Pick 20 for Pick 28 (GC) and Greenwood
Pick 48 (CAR) for Betts
Pick 40 & 80 (GWS) for Jacobs & Pick 53
Pick 56 (COLL) for Jenkins & Pick 80

At this point Adelaide have 4,20,23,32,40,48,49,56

Scharenberg (COLL) for Pick 49
Aish (COLL) for Pick 32

Pick 6 & Hateley (GWS) for Pick 4 & 23 (Values Hateley at Pick 15) but GWS really want the higher draft pick

Pick 14 & 17 (GEE) for Pick 6

B Crouch & Pick 17 for Lukocious - (values Lukocious as Pick 1 and B Crouch as Pick 6)

End Draft Picks 14,20,28,40,48,56

Players
Lukocious
Hateley
Scharenberg
Aish

PS I forgot to add Frampton in there

Last edited:
Adelaide Crows trading (How to re-build their list)

Start with 4,23,28,49 for Ellis-Yoleman

Pick 32 & 53 (WB) for Keath
Pick 20 for Pick 28 (GC) and Greenwood
Pick 48 (CAR) for Betts
Pick 40 & 80 (GWS) for Jacobs & Pick 53
Pick 56 (COLL) for Jenkins & Pick 80

At this point Adelaide have 4,20,23,32,40,48,49,56

Scharenberg (COLL) for Pick 49
Aish (COLL) for Pick 32

Pick 6 & Hateley (GWS) for Pick 4 & 23 (Values Hateley at Pick 15) but GWS really want the higher draft pick

Pick 14 & 17 (GEE) for Pick 6

B Crouch & Pick 17 for Lukocious - (values Lukocious as Pick 1 and B Crouch as Pick 6)

End Draft Picks 14,20,28,40,48,56

Players
Lukocious
Hateley
Scharenberg
Aish

That’s crazy optimistic. A couple of realistic suggestions in there though.

Here's my go at getting Sydney's trades done and having Brisbane get into the top 10 - what do people think?

Pick 9 >> Brisbane (lose Picks 16 and 21)

Joe Daniher and pick 21 >> Sydney (lose picks 5 and Tom Papley)

Pick 5 and 16 >> Essendon (lose Joe Daniher)

Tom Papley >> Carlton (lose pick 9)

I think picks 5 and 9 is too much for Daniher (due to his previous two years of injury), it still results in Essendon getting two first rd draft picks for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my go at getting Sydney's trades done and having Brisbane get into the top 10 - what do people think?

Pick 9 >> Brisbane (lose Picks 16 and 21)

Joe Daniher and pick 21 >> Sydney (lose picks 5 and Tom Papley)

Pick 5 and 16 >> Essendon (lose Joe Daniher)

Tom Papley >> Carlton (lose pick 9)

I think picks 5 and 9 is too much for Daniher (due to his previous two years of injury), it still results in Essendon getting two first rd draft picks for him though.

The Papley and Daniher deals will be interesting given the Bombers have been insisting they won't trade and/or demanding a quality player.

Why is Kelly worth double what Gaff is.
He’s younger than gaff and has enormous upside, whereas, I think gaff has reached his peak. I would also say that Kelly is more of a game winner. I’m ahawks man, but would lock west coast in for grand finalists for 2020 already

Spitballing some ideas

GWS trade Pick 6, Future 2nd & 3rd to Adelaide for Pick 4 & Pick 49
This gives GWS enough points to match a bid at Pick 13

If GWS then trade Bonar to Essendon for Pick 31 or 33 then they'll have enough points to match a bid at any point past their pick 4.
This will give GWS Serong/Young and Green.

Carlton trade Pick 9 and Future 2nd to Sydney for Papley & Pick 25.

Carlton trade pick 25 for Martin. (He's not worth anything more and can easily see this deal falling through if GC insist on a first rounder).

Hawthorn trade Pick 30 & 61 to Bulldogs for Picks 45, 51 & 53. Hawks get extra points for a bid on Maginness and Dogs get a 2nd rounder that could potentially get them Bruce.

Fremantle trade a future 3rd for Aish.

Thoughts?

Any thoughts re Gold Coast offering 15+20 this year, 11 next year they got as their salvage pack from the AFL, and 25 they may get from Carlton for both Crouch brothers? Sounds like Brad will be out the door to the highest bidder next year anyway.

Any thoughts re Gold Coast offering 15+20 this year, 11 next year they got as their salvage pack from the AFL, and 25 they may get from Carlton for both Crouch brothers? Sounds like Brad will be out the door to the highest bidder next year anyway.
I'd do that in a heartbeat if I'm GC. They need proven talent. The Crouch brothers makes them a much better side.
This is a midfield with some decent depth with the Crouch brothers:
B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Fiorini, Swallow, Miller, Weller, Ellis, Miles

I'd do that in a heartbeat if I'm GC. They need proven talent. The Crouch brothers makes them a much better side.
This is a midfield with some decent depth with the Crouch brothers:
B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Fiorini, Swallow, Miller, Weller, Ellis, Miles

I'm sure the Suns would do it also, however the Crows would likely push for pick 1/2 this year, which the Suns simply must hold onto.

Any Crows fans taking a deal like that? 4 top 25 picks for 2 players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back