• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be Plibersek.

It will be Bowen.

Because the ALP never ******* learn.

It should be Plibersek.

It will be Bowen.

Because the ALP never ******* learn.

Plibersek will drive a nail in Labor the same way Stott Despoja did to the Australian Democrats.

Labor lost because they competed with the Greens rather than being true Centrists.

They need Albanese.

Albanese and Bowen are more centre people

Bowen has the youth and Albo the experience

Plibersek has a husband who’s a drug addict and drug dealer can’t imagine that going well

Labor needs an attack dog. Positivity and optimism got them nowhere this election. The LNP and Morrison are going to have a hard time getting a surplus and keeping the housing market from continuing going down. Just hone in on that aspect.

Bowen is young and talented. But he was the face of a lot of Labor’s most divisive policies, and sold them in a pretty divisive way. I can’t really see him being at all viable.

Plibersek and Albanese are going to have to come to some arrangement to avoid splitting the left faction. I can’t see them leaning into Plibersek after everything that’s happened, but Albanese isn’t going to solve their problems in Western Sydney and Queensland either.

A smokey from the right faction seems like a sensible bet. I like Tony Burke but I feel like he doesn’t have the numbers.

Maybe Chalmers as deputy to Albanese?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Labor Party need someone from the Right faction of the Party that can appeal. They also, to appeal in Queensland and outer suburbia working class, need some who is more socially conservative (or Libertarian) with issues to do with climate change and immigration.

Plibersek has a husband who’s a drug addict and drug dealer can’t imagine that going well
Plibersek talks and presents well and could be a good leader but is so far to the left, she should be part of the Greens. If she leads, LNP victory is assured. Penny Wong failed as Finance Minister, has shown she will kowtow to China as shadow foreign minister and really achieved nothing. Albanese hard to tell as Shorten seems to have kept in the background. Marles - seemed to be pretty pathetic on the tv last night (although most politicians would struggle given the way their easy victory imploded). Chalmers who?.

He's been off the gear for a long time. But he was sentenced to three years jail for importing heroin. Could be a bit embarrassing if he was refused entry to the US or other countries when a spouse usually goes along.

Labor needs an attack dog. Positivity and optimism got them nowhere this election. The LNP and Morrison are going to have a hard time getting a surplus and keeping the housing market from continuing going down. Just hone in on that aspect.

What positivity? Once the campign started down here, it was just wall to wall ALP attack adds focussing on LNP disunity, the lNP tax cuts and the fake news about LNP cuts to health and education.

What positivity? Once the campign started down here, it was just wall to wall ALP attack adds focussing on LNP disunity, the lNP tax cuts and the fake news about LNP cuts to health and education.
Labor was releasing policy which is a positive campaign strategy that showed they had a plan. They were always going to do attack ads, that's what every party does now.

There is only one option and thats Albo.

Plibersek would be worse than Downer. If shorten had the electorate in a bore, Dreyfus would put them in a coma.

If only Wong was in the lower house

They all seemed decent as shadow ministers, not convinced of them as leadership material.

Of the favourites, I'd prefer Albanese. What I've seen of Jason Clare suggests he could be alright - but he doesn't have a huge profile yet.

I'd put up Jim Chalmers' name too purely for someone Queensland-based.

The Labor Party need someone from the Right faction of the Party that can appeal. They also, to appeal in Queensland and outer suburbia working class, need some who is more socially conservative (or Libertarian) with issues to do with climate change and immigration.
You've described a Liberal.

To be honest I have no idea where they go. Albanese is the most relatable PR face, but that's a pretty sad indictment of politics.

I've no idea who should win.

Pilbersek might get the female vote, but she's never really inspired me.

The obvious choice is Albanese, but while he's more relatable and aggressive than Shorten, he's still a tad stilted and awkward.

Bowen should be nowhere near it - this election has damaged his standing.

Wong I'm not really convinced by (senate seat notwithstanding). She might galvanise the base, but she also seems a touch stilted and I'm not sure Australians are comfortable with a 'former foreigner' representing them.

Not sure what Chalmers is like. I've heard that he is quite aggressive and bombastic, but that could make him too much like Mark Latham.

Back