Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspect we had Pickett as our first pick, but when the Dees took him, we just went with whoever was left.

So we have first pick tomorrow. Any decent types at all left?

Listen to Chris Davies on the draft show right before the draft, we hoping looking for someone to play Rozees role forward. Bergman is that man - athletic high leaping forward who's got a big kick on him. We clearly wanted Bergman (maybe still at a later pick, but we definitely wanted him).

I dont know enough to have my own board.

I am genuinely curious about this one.

I have seen a number of posters rating this pick in hindsight which is encouraging.

Just wondering why noone seemed to rate him prior.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's hard to rate players who miss entire seasons of footy as an amateur draft watcher as there is zero new information to go off. So you are rating him off what he did last year when he was 16 for the whole season. A lot of the media draft guys do the same thing. They fall down the list, not because of lack of talent, but because you don't see them play at all. Last year he was very impressive and had a decent champs as a bottom age player.

I tend to under value these guys when putting my list together. There's a bit of out of sight, out of mind about it. I feel on talent, I don't think we've "reached" much at all on this pick. There is risk there, but hopefully he is over his injury now.

He is a genuine talent. Why wasn't he spoken about? Mainly because he wasn't linked to us at all.

This pick isn't worth melting over

We’ll go a tall defender tomorrow (Worrell or Gould) or Bianco or Rivers.

Honestly, just pick Robertson and we can overlook the other nonsense.

We could have had Kemp and Robertson tonight.

Why would we take Robertson when we're getting Mead and just recruited 3 mids last year?

Which is exactly the type of key forward we've been screaming out for for a decade
Hi Macca19 is he more of a Lych or Darling type?

Edit: Was also going to include Gunstan but he's a bit taller.

Yeah, I noticed the bit about him being quick to the ball and a good mark. At 191cm he sounds more like a Jack Riewoldt than a Lance Franklin. The only downside is his 78kg frame. He will need to bulk up pretty quickly if he is to make a quick impact.

He clocked in at 192cm/87kg at the draft combine. 78kg is an old figure.

The pick we traded Howard for wasn’t that Georgiades reach btw.

that was our future 1st and pick 29.

the pick tomorrow is the one we traded Howard for.

I would have thought Georgiades was a slight reach at 29.

Look at the players going in the draft at 20,21 etc. The guys hyped in the media clearly arent all they're talked up to be or else another club would take them asap. We're not reaching anymore than Carlton or Richmond really, we're just taking the player we want on a needs basis before another club would take them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bloody governance issue within the club.
Where are the checks and balances to stop that sort of reckless drafting and it is reckless drafting.
Both of those players that we drafted tonight should not have been inside the top 20.
They just needed to pick solid top 20 draftees. That should never happen.

C5441ACD-323A-4AA3-8CF4-A5566A5D6DCA.gif

Hi Macca19 is he more of a Lych or Darling type?

Edit: Was also going to include Gunstan but he's a bit taller.

He plays similar to Gunston.

After watching 45 seconds of highlights and reading a couple of reports, I have pegged Bergman as a Jesse Palmer clone. I do enjoy the name Miles though.

He's got a bit more going for him than Palmer did

Remove this Banner Ad

Back