NFL 2019 NFL - Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

It's still way too early to say they're 0-16.
Like I posted before, the Steelers in '89 lost their first two games 51-0 and 41-10 and went on to make the playoffs.
I am sure there is also some pressure by the NFL to ensure the Dolphins aren't so obviously tanking, to make a better fist of it, cover it up better. They will win a few games....surely.
Weird things happen in Miami, they almost went 0-16 a decade or so ago but broke the duck late in that season - then you've got the annual Miami downpour game where they might win 6-3.

Like I already said. If Pats have #1 seed sewn up by week 17, they will tank vs. Dolphins. Bill will throw his guys a lifeline.
A bunch of second and third string Patriots would still smash this current Dolphins team.
But I think the Dolphins will find a way to get better that they're not so OBVIOUSLY tanking losing by 30+ points every game. They'll have some close losses along the way and at some point resemble a respectable team that is trying to win -- the appearance of that anyway. So yeah, there's one win there week 17. But I really do think there'll be some upsets before then -- what suddenly makes people all over think "hmm maybe they aren't tanking after all"...the appearance of that.

A bunch of second and third string Patriots would still smash this current Dolphins team.
But I think the Dolphins will find a way to get better that they're not so OBVIOUSLY tanking losing by 30+ points every game. They'll have some close losses along the way and at some point resemble a respectable team that is trying to win -- the appearance of that anyway. So yeah, there's one win there week 17. But I really do think there'll be some upsets before then -- what suddenly makes people all over think "hmm maybe they aren't tanking after all"...the appearance of that.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Bill Belichick will purposely lose the game if they have the #1 seed tied up

Weird things happen in Miami, they almost went 0-16 a decade or so ago but broke the duck late in that season - then you've got the annual Miami downpour game where they might win 6-3.
Oh don't remind me of that 2007 season. It was particularly aggravating because we were very competitive thruout the season, lost so many close games. Including that all-time classic rain game vs Pittsburgh (final score 3-0), but AT LEAST the win we had was against my Ravens team. I don't mind as a Ravens fans losing to my other team (Miami).

This 2019 season is more surreal than 2007. We tried in 07, but so far this looks like a REALLY bad obvious tank and it's kinda funny. Seeing the curtain pulled away.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Bill Belichick will purposely lose the game if they have the #1 seed tied up
I understood. I agreed they will win that game. But i was saying we will be a better team by then that it DOESN'T look like Bill tanked. And, so, being an actual better team sometime during this season, the Dolphins will probably win another game or two as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get more than 3-1 odds so if you reckon, go for that.

They won’t go 0-16.
Again - next year's AE entry costs?

Not that you ever do jack in AE, but everyone has to have a dream to obsess over.

An unobtainable dream in your case given how bad you tip, but still...

Again - next year's AE entry costs?

Not that you ever do jack in AE, but everyone has to have a dream to obsess over.

An unobtainable dream in your case given how bad you tip, but still...

Ouch! Though as it's my first season in AE (and I'm doing better than you) I suspect you've got the wrong person :p

I'll blame all this gg.exe copy-catting nonsense and give you a pass.
Also because you're a Freo fan.
Also, are you a Fulham fan?? (or am I being copy-catted now too!?)

Dolphins claimed DE Taco Charlton off waivers from the Cowboys.
The Dolphins are ... trying to make their football team better? It's certainly a new one. Of course, there is a reason the 2017 first-rounder was available in the first place. Charlton figures to be a healthy scratch for Week 3 but should see defensive snaps as early as Week 4. With just 827 career snaps to his name, Charlton has never made a box score impact.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 19, 2019, 4:18 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Josh Rosen will start Week 3 against the Cowboys.
Brian Flores made the decision Thursday afternoon. Ryan Fitzpatrick fared disastrously during his two-week reign as starter, compiling a miserable 39.9 quarterback rating with four interceptions (including two pick-sixes) during that span. It makes sense for the Dolphins to see what they have in Rosen, though it's hard to imagine him succeeding with so few weapons at his disposal. Fitzpatrick spent most of his first two games running for his life behind the Dolphins' anemic offensive line and Rosen could be headed for a similar fate. Even in two-quarterback settings, Rosen probably won't carry much weight in the fantasy realm.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 19, 2019, 4:06 PM ET

Josh's career about to end coz of Dolphins inept OL.. 😕

I mean yea I'm no fan, but the guy literally has had no hope whatsoever over his first two seasons.

the stars are aligning for a dolphins upset

Taco to have 5 sacks this week ( more than doubling his career total) , Rosen 5TDs 450 yards

Eassssssssyyyyy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back