News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG CHANGE TIPPED AT THE ADELAIDE CROWS WITHIN WEEKS

“A massive amount of changes” will unfold at the Adelaide Crows over the next few weeks, including a “player exodus”, pressure on several key leaders and even the possibility of “a move on Don Pyke”, reports Caroline Wilson.

Caro has told the FIVEaa sports show:

“I still think that there are going to be a massive amount of changes at Adelaide over the next few weeks.

“There will be a player exodus. We’ve seen Richard Douglas… After what we saw at Fremantle this week nothing would surprise me, and it wouldn’t surprise me still if there was going to be a move on Don Pyke, but more likely I guess others will be in the gun.

“I think high performance is one area and I still think despite the strong support of Mark Ricciuto that Brett Burton is not entirely safe as well…

“It is not a happy club and players are not happy. There are problems there.”
So she reads BF too

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Gotta say Kelly is another one that I couldn’t care less if he never played for the AFC again.

In the same category as Hartigan, Mackay et al. Plays the occasional ok game but is easily replaceable. Knight is quickly heading into this category, where once I had great hopes for him.
The annoying thing is someone from another club will likely say ‘Riley, you will play every game for us, as a tagger’. And then he will become what we all thought he could be for them.

BIG CHANGE TIPPED AT THE ADELAIDE CROWS WITHIN WEEKS

“A massive amount of changes” will unfold at the Adelaide Crows over the next few weeks, including a “player exodus”, pressure on several key leaders and even the possibility of “a move on Don Pyke”, reports Caroline Wilson.

Caro has told the FIVEaa sports show:

I still think that there are going to be a massive amount of changes at Adelaide over the next few weeks.

“There will be a player exodus. We’ve seen Richard Douglas… After what we saw at Fremantle this week nothing would surprise me, and it wouldn’t surprise me still if there was going to be a move on Don Pyke, but more likely I guess others will be in the gun.

I think high performance is one area and I still think despite the strong support of Mark Ricciuto that Brett Burton is not entirely safe as well…

“It is not a happy club and players are not happy. There are problems there.”
FTFY

Gotta say Kelly is another one that I couldn’t care less if he never played for the AFC again.

In the same category as Hartigan, Mackay et al. Plays the occasional ok game but is easily replaceable. Knight is quickly heading into this category, where once I had great hopes for him.
I reckon thats a bit harsh on Kelly, prior to this year starting I'd have agreed though I reckon he's been damn good this year, one of our only players to go up a level. Seems to kick a little more aggressively, take less time to do it and also more composure when he gets the ball in tight. I'd be keeping him at this point in time. Hartigan on the other hand should be moved on at the very least depth only if we suffer injuries. Hartigan had 1 good year in 2016 but since then it's just the odd really good game, even some of them end up with his customary jamming the ball down an opponents throat under no pressure to give them a goal.

Question is then why are we so unfit.

Why are we 18th in the league for sprint efforts and time spent at high speed?
A lot of that would be our stagnant ball movement for attack as that's usually when you're surging at top speeds on the counter. Of course the other element is our team rarely busts their ass on the rebound defensively.

I remember hearing about Burton when he was playing that despite his seemingly instinctive, carefree playing style that he was actually plagued by self doubt and struggled with self confidence.

Very self conscious about errors. Over-thought things. Coaches had to constantly reassure him, pump his tyres up. Encourage him to keep backing himself.

I wonder if the cocky and arrogant streak he carries now is a veneer for someone who deep down doesn't really have faith that they know what they're doing?

In my experience the least competent individuals are the least likely to take on board advice and feedback or source other's opinions. They have a real self defence mechanism. See asking for assistance to be a sign of weakness. Feel they are being judged.

So bunker down, refuse to listen to others.

The ones who have genuine knowledge and are adept in their role are more than happy to canvas the opinions of others and take advice on board. They know this is where improvement comes from. They are secure enough in their mind that they don't see advice as a threat or as implied criticism.

They don't feel they have to 'prove' anything to anyone.

The ones plagued by self doubt are constantly trying to prove their knowledge and superiority.

If by tidy, you mean uninspiring then I agree.
Was close to his worst game for the club. Looked lazy and uninterested at times. Perhaps his mind is elsewhere and he has checked out?
Hear conflicting stories of where he will be next year. I hope he stays but I get the feeling the club is running out of patience with him and might be prepared to let him go

Was close to his worst game for the club. Looked lazy and uninterested at times. Perhaps his mind is elsewhere and he has checked out?
Hear conflicting stories of where he will be next year. I hope he stays but I get the feeling the club is running out of patience with him and might be prepared to let him go
Prepared?
You guys have no choice.

Prepared?
You guys have no choice.
I used the term loosely.
He has a 2 year extension on the table currently on decent enough money and from people I trust they say he is genuinely undecided still. I’m saying I don’t think the club will try to pressure him or up their offer and if he does ask to return home it would be with their blessing. I know he was unhappy with the Crows not showing any interest in him when he was looking at leaving before but I’m sure that still wouldn’t affect him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on surely you understand the difference between headlines and a full report. That report would have a lot more detail than just a few lines from the 8 headlined, they would have highlighted current direction with possible future directions example and corrections looked at alternate and given some directions,
But what I am struggling to accept is how you and a few others can honestly believe a top Audit company will give preferential treatment to Chapman because he has some dealing with them. You do know that he also has to deal and contacts with several other companies that conduct Audits, so you could use your argument with any company the Crows get, And you need to understand that the Crows will pay good money to one of these companies for an honest and open review, and that Chapman is only one person on the Board. who can be overruled?

And to be honest, anyone who has worked in that industry will find your's and some of the other comments insulting, Nearly everyone in that industry prides themselves on doing the best job they can, they are not brought and paid for and they don't play favourites, you don't get the reparations these companies/individuals contractors have by playing favourites, and yes some of these consultants will be contractors who rely of there honesty in order to get work with other companies in the field, any hint of wrongdoing means they will not find work anywhere, and remember Australia is only small fish in this industry for these contractors
Believing Chapman will influence the outcome of a company like KPMG is Tin Foil hat material.

And how the hell do you know our leaders are not approaching this with the right mindset?

Because Chapman has already delivered the outcome.

Camporeale on FiveAA just said they believe we're better than we're playing, and that the results show.

Deluded dickhead.

Just when you think Chappy has made us look as clueless as possible, along comes Campo. That is an amazing effort. They are so happy with themselves that they can’t consider for a single second that we’re not great.

I used the term loosely.
He has a 2 year extension on the table currently on decent enough money and from people I trust they say he is genuinely undecided still. I’m saying I don’t think the club will try to pressure him or up their offer and if he does ask to return home it would be with their blessing. I know he was unhappy with the Crows not showing any interest in him when he was looking at leaving before but I’m sure that still wouldn’t affect him.

He's the type of person that will only get the best out of himself if he's around his luved ones.
Has a very high opinion of himself too, so his family keeping him grounded and away from his delusions would be good for him.

Can't blame the crows for not wanting to give a first and second rounders for him last year, he wasn't anywhere near the value dodorro placed on him.

The thing is if Campo thinks we are better than we’ve shown, then he’s highlighted the failings of the coaches as he obviously must rate the players.

The coaches are better than the players have shown. It's all the players' fault.

And year 4 literacy
You my friend, are a gutless coward who hides behind a PC acting all righteous, But I know your type, you have never achieved anything without help which is why you play the PC bully, Because that all you can be.
Just in case you have forgotten, I sustained some injuries when I was in the service for my country which came to back haunt me when I got older it has caused me some serious issue with my communication skills, Not everyone has the perfect skill set, or choice to hide behind walls,
Like others have mention Do you come on BF to talk Football or to bully and belittle others. You should Stick to your shift work.

He's the type of person that will only get the best out of himself if he's around his luved ones.
Has a very high opinion of himself too, so his family keeping him grounded and away from his delusions would be good for him.

Can't blame the crows for not wanting to give a first and second rounders for him last year, he wasn't anywhere near the value dodorro placed on him.
Don’t get sucked into the journalists BS. The clubs never even got to the point of discussing picks required. Francis’ management spoke to both SA clubs and the Crows showed the most interest at the time but decided they had higher priorities which is fair enough so it never really went any further.

A couple weeks ago macca19 from the port board said adelaide is 99% confident of getting luko at the end of this year. What is macca19 strike rate like when it comes to trade rumuors?

A couple weeks ago macca19 from the port board said adelaide is 99% confident of getting luko at the end of this year. What is macca19 strike rate like when it comes to trade rumuors?

The only club easier than us to get players out of is GC.. Why the hell would anyone want to play there?
Can’t believe Rankine signed on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back