News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with that. God bless brave Cotchy.
So brave.

I forget, what was the justification for not suspending him? Was it the lack head high contact? The lack of force? The lack of injury to the GWS player? The not going past the ball in order to make contact?

Or was it just a lovely bloke who played for a Victorian club?

A bloke on my bus just said Burton leaving will be announced after the finalization of the review is made public. But has already been decided and he is effectively finished now.

Have no idea who this guys is. Just overheard him say it to his mate on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So, Burton's story arc started and ended with a bus trip

A bloke on my bus just said Burton leaving will be announced after the finalization of the review is made public. But has already been decided and he is effectively finished now.

Have no idea who this guys is. Just overheard him say it to his mate on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
you didn't manage to get a glimpse of what he looked like through the blindfold?

Now, I'm not hearing too many rumours about DMac being offered a 2 year deal at another club...he's doing well to keep that one quiet

The size of a player’s contract is based upon the how the coaches value them. If you think List Management just go and sign players based on their view without input from the coaches then you’re a fool. I suppose a 1 year minimum chips extension to a ‘loyal servant’ ahead of an extra recruit selected 100+ won’t be damaging. But let’s use one of your favourites as am example. New coach doesn’t rate B Crouch as a mid for varying reasons, List Management extends him for an extra 3 at $750k/year. Brad can’t change to satisfy new coaches requirements and we’ve now got $750k in the 2s for 3 extra years costing us a high level player on the list. List Management requires coaches involvement which is why I’m pretty sure that Pyke sat on the committee. Think it was Reid, Roo, Burton and Pyke.
You should have used Jenkins as your example

There is nothing surer than Mackay getting another contract and playing round 1. We may delude ourselves into thinking X young player will overtake him and Mackay will only be break glass in case of emergency but he will play 15+ games again.
I think we have much bigger problems than Mackay getting another year. New department might bring some consistency out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can a player be "returning to the club you barracked for as a kid" (by way of trades) if they're already at the club they barracked for?
They wouldn't be.

That would be one of the 17/18 where that doesn't happen

This tells our list managers how highly rated the guy is around the league. List clogger.
No talk of Douglas getting a gig anywhere else either...oh that's right, he retired didn't he :rolleyes:

Add CEY to that list too. For all those who believe he is an elite inside mid, surely there are clubs out there looking at him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back