List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 678993

Gee who would have guessed it. More to come tomorrow no doubt.
It’s not surprising I guess that clubs are using the rules to their advantage. We should too if we have a guy on the LTI but I don’t think we do currently.

I would prefer that if this was to be in place- it be like for like. So take Kurt Tippett for example. The swans should be limited to key position/ruckman in their choice.

I firmly believe that this draft should be to replace guys who are taken out by unanticipated injuries or retirements, not to cover list management mistakes.

Lol- TK topic posted on Cats board..... purples;)

"Lets say for a minute you are accurate in your assessment of value. Id really love fro you to be right and we get 5-10 .. I just doubt we will.
Im not sure how you see it going down asking for a pick in that range ...

Wells.. we want 5-10 and another 10-20 .. we can talk about an R2 going back but thats what his value is .. thats what you need to find..
WC... No
Freo.. What he said.

Wells... Come on its obvious that he is an elite mid , 5th in the Brownlow , B&F geelong , you are going to pay him XXX...
WC ... Yes but NO
Freo .. What he said.

Wells... Why?.. he is worth that? We are talking about a player that would walk into any team.
WC.... There is no way we can get a single figure pick without doing something stupid . We will not do it . We offer our R1 this year and next year .. and yes you add something back
Freo ... What he said.

Wells .. but but but... he is obviously better than anyone 10 and back.
WC..... yep I agree ..but we cant give what we cant get. We are not trading Gaff to bring in Kelly. Or NicNat or Barass or..... etc etc.
Freo... What he said"

"Lets say for a minute you are accurate in your assessment of value. Id really love fro you to be right and we get 5-10 .. I just doubt we will.

Wells.. we want 5-10 and another 10-20 .. we can talk about an R2 going back but thats what his value is .. thats what you need to find..
WC... No
Freo.. What he said.

Wells... Come on its obvious that he is an elite mid , 5th in the Brownlow , B&F geelong , you are going to pay him XXX...
WC ... Yes but NO
Freo .. What he said.

Wells... Why?.. he is worth that? We are talking about a player that would walk into any team.
WC.... There is no way we can get a single figure pick without doing something stupid . We will not do it . We offer our R1 this year and next year .. and yes you add something back
Freo ... What he said.

WC..... yep I agree ..but we cant give what we cant get. We are not trading Gaff to bring in Kelly. Or NicNat or Barass or..... etc etc.
Freo... What he said"
Typical Freo/lil brother 'what he said'...

Wheres Masten stand in 2020?

Thinking about bringing in a midfielder TK or Cogs.
Masten doesnt have a contract neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mid season draft is just a gimmick the afl is using for more exposure .

We have big enough lists to cover injuries .
If you dont have depth in certain areas then you have bad list managment .

All it is doing is weakening the state league teams who lose their best players

The mid season draft is just a gimmick the afl is using for more exposure .

We have big enough lists to cover injuries .
If you dont have depth in certain areas then you have bad list managment .

All it is doing is weakening the state league teams who lose their best players

The mid season draft to fill a list spot is pretty tame just wait till it evolves into a mid season Trade period that would be scary and exciting at the same time...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is pretty unlikely that a mid playing in state leagues would have the fitness base to play mid at AFL. I think the mid season draft will be a bust for most of them.

Take Pickett, has only just returned from injury in the WAFL so would need a number of weeks to get up to AFL fitness and conditioning. By this time, it is probably too late to bring him in to a team playing finals. He then gets 1 pre season to try and crack it into the best 22, otherwise he will be delisted next year and that will be that.

Are you suggesting a straight swap of Masten for Coniglio?
Only if they throw in their first rounder as well.

And on the mid season draft - we are prediction gods on here! We all saw the rush of late LTI, inactive list, retirements and so on coming down the line. Only the AFL didn't see this express train coming.

I know he has personal issues, but I'd like to try to straighten Jye Bolton out.

WC... No
Freo.. What he said.

WC ... Yes but NO
Freo .. What he said.

Freo ... What he said.

Freo... What he said"

Geelong fans don't understand the practicalities of trade week.

I've heard Elliot Yeo and a first round pick for Kelly proposed as 'about fair' like it's the sort of thing they would begrudgingly accept.

I suggest we retire Masten before the end of season

Shocked to be sitting here.

Going out on a limb here but I reckon we're not going to "retire" a contracted player that has played 7 of a possible 9 games so far this season and played 24 of 25 last season. Masten isn't going to just give up on the remainder of his contract for 2019, so we'd effectively be paying him to not be able play under any circumstance rather than paying him to play if and when we need him.

I suggest we retire Masten before the end of season and pick up Marlion Pickett.
Masten has no contract for next year.
We are trying to bring in TK so we dont need him

This is pro sport not boyscouts.
**** him off now and get someone better in mid season draft.
I only suggest Pickett as hes TKs mate and he could be used off half back or on a wing.
We could do with more speed around the middle.

I’ll take things that aren’t going to happen for $100 thanks

The club could have selected Pickett in the rookie draft last year but went with Josh Smith and Harry Edwards instead. For whatever reason, rightly or wrongly, they don’t rate Pickett that highly- nor do any of the other 17 clubs that could have drafted him but didn’t.

So yes this is pro sports and the people paid good money to make list decisions aren’t going to retire a 200 game premiership player mid season so they can recruit a guy they’ve previously overlooked because he’s good mates with another player we are targeting in a possible trade

West coast will not retire a player early for a chance at a rookie who “might” get a game this year. Masten is out of form but to disrespect a player who started off in the dark times who was part of a culture rebuild and was an important cog in our flag year is something WC don’t do. Hungry Tiger your extreme hate for Masten is so childish and lame, it’s time to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back