List Mgmt. 2019 Trade, Draft, Free Agency UltraThread

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
We’d want to hope O’Neil, Foley or Williams turn out to be more than role players.. I think that’s the most disappointing thing about the whole saga for me. Yes we might have stood our ground.. but did we actually get anything useful doing it? Yes we kept the picks but it’s all worthless if we go and blow them anyway. Looking like we’re going to have to give up our first and second at minimum this year for Kelly. So they get the pick they wanted in the deal last year anyway, the other picks we kept have more than likely just given us a couple of role players.. and that all would have netted us a top 10 player in the league in our position of greatest need..
William's looks like he's been playing well and Foley has been ok. Those two I think will work out to be handy players for us. I'm not sure on Exxon yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Tom Green is a gws academy prospect likely to go top 3. So we could trade gws our two second round picks this year for one of their first rounders (got one off bombers). Then use that first round and our first round pick for Kelly.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah that was part of my point. We did all the fancy dealing but it looks like we’re going to have to give up that Sydney second and our first, at minimum, anyway. At best, from standing our ground, the only profit we have made is getting that extra pick for Williams. The entire desicion basically hangs on at least 2 of our 2018 second round draftees becoming above average players. I do agree, it’s speculative whether they would’ve traded him anyway.. but that was their counteroffer, surely they aren’t declining their own offer.
What ground did we stand? All of the reported offers are unconfirmed.

Bleedblueandgold

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2009
No idea
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos, Matildas, Boomers, Opals
Thats only 2 off the main list minimum 3 needed or 4 if we trade for coniglio or kelly
We have an extra rookie so cutting one will give us an extra main list spot. Nelson and Mallen probably the other 2 most likely candidates. Brayshaw a slight possibility. Masto could go too, but not sure if we'll pull the trigger.

eagles rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Tom Green is a gws academy prospect likely to go top 3. So we could trade gws our two second round picks this year for one of their first rounders (got one off bombers). Then use that first round and our first round pick for Kelly.
3 draft picks used to get a out of contract Kelly surely Geelong will need to give ,
Wce their 2nd Rd Pick plus a player possibly Narkle back
or
the Geelong’s 1st rd Pick back ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast
3 draft picks used to get a out of contract Kelly surely Geelong will need to give ,
Wce their 2nd Rd Pick plus a player possibly Narkle back
or
the Geelong’s 1st rd Pick back ..

No to narkle for me . Didnt rate him in his draft year and i still dont . We have plenty of small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Does any one know if WA v SA will be on FoxFooty on Saturday or have fox stopped broadcasting the games? Can’t seem to find it on the FoxFooty guide.

eagles rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Does any one know if WA v SA will be on FoxFooty on Saturday or have fox stopped broadcasting the games? Can’t seem to find it on the FoxFooty guide.
They usually have the coverage if the U18 games are on midweek so maybe the last few weeks when in Melbourne ..

Chris_6678

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Narkle is played out position most of the time. If he was sent over with Kelly i wouldn't be to dissapointed.

Kelly would make our midfield A++ if he keeps his current form into next year. But i worry that trading out two first rounders will deny us a chance to draft any decent mids for the future with our core group not getting any younger.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Narkle is played out position most of the time. If he was sent over with Kelly i wouldn't be to dissapointed.

Kelly would make our midfield A++ if he keeps his current form into next year. But i worry that trading out two first rounders will deny us a chance to draft any decent mids for the future with our core group not getting any younger.
Use the Swans 2nd 2019 plus our 2019 2nd to get a mid to late 1st and grab Robertson. A pure high production inside mid.

Job done.

Last edited:

Monocle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Western Suburbs : Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont. New England Patriots.
Use the Swans 2nd 2019 plus our 2019 2nd to ger a mid to late 1st and grab Robertson. A pure high production inside mid.

Job done.
Good thinking and I like that idea :thumbsu: , you can also add Geelong Falcons, Cooper Stephens into the mix as well at that point in the draft.

He is a not getting as much love on draft boards as he should , due to the fact that he has missed the championships as a result of a leg fracture in April.
He is the Falcons Captain and keep an eye on his form in the TAC Cup, in the final stretches of the season as his injury was a 6-8 week out.

eagles rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
I would have liked us to give him a block of games at least but it’s pretty clear he doesn’t endear himself to match committees
I agree with your sentiments about AhChee and Jetta for example got a good run of games before they finally knew what to do with him admittedly his best at Sydney was very good..

wraglesweb

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would we have enough in the salary cap if a miracle happened and we landed Kelly and Cogs ?

AsterixTheGaul

Plucked from the Amos
Sep 12, 2013
15 min water taxi from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gunners Lakers Scorcher Claremont
I would assume that FoxFooty only show the Melbourne games. That has been my experience. The board can probably tell you how to get the Youtube feed.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Would we have enough in the salary cap if a miracle happened and we landed Kelly and Cogs ?
No, but you don't need to. You need less than 1% of the salary cap to contract one player. If a player is interested in joining then creative accounting will look after the rest. The salary cap in its present form is a bit of a joke.

As good as those guys are, adding players is no guarantee of success. Essendon played finals in 2017 and have since added Devon Smith, Jake Stringer, Adam Saad and Dylan Shiel. They finished 12-10 again last year (not enough to make the 8 in 2018) and are currently 5-6. Excepting that Stringer is a dickhead I'd take all of those guys at WC no worries at all.

wraglesweb

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
No, but you don't need to. You need less than 1% of the salary cap to contract one player. If a player is interested in joining then creative accounting will look after the rest. The salary cap in its present form is a bit of a joke.

As good as those guys are, adding players is no guarantee of success. Essendon played finals in 2017 and have since added Devon Smith, Jake Stringer, Adam Saad and Dylan Shiel. They finished 12-10 again last year (not enough to make the 8 in 2018) and are currently 5-6. Excepting that Stringer is a dickhead I'd take all of those guys at WC no worries at all.
How does the 1% of the salary cap thing work ?

Top Bottom