List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So harsh on Brown. I would offer a part time coaching role for next year until he gets pushed out. We can't go into next year with joyce and the injured austin
Brown had his best preseason in his career which is huge for a guy who will be 32 next year , he could easily keep his place in the squad because we haven't been able to develop a fullback to replace him.
However we need to find a more attacking fullback and until we find one I feel he stays , even in a coaching role as you say.
He is playing today and with him and Carlisle playing with Coffield and Clark just adds stability in defense.

didn't help that the senior coach of the time planted the seed as well...

"COACH Ross Lyon labelled it as "the end of an era" for St Kilda after three Grand Final contributors announced their retirements.
Michael Gardiner, Steven Baker and Andrew McQualter told teammates in the rooms after the Saints' 25 point-loss to Sydney at Etihad Stadium.

Lyon was blunt, even blaming himself and his assistant coaches for contributing to the loss that ends a disappointing season for a club that has played in the past three Grand Finals."

as it turned out he couldn't be arsed with the new era...

We didn’t even look remotely interested in that game.

Brown had his best preseason in his career which is huge for a guy who will be 32 next year , he could easily keep his place in the squad because we haven't been able to develop a fullback to replace him.
However we need to find a more attacking fullback and until we find one I feel he stays , even in a coaching role as you say.
He is playing today and with him and Carlisle playing with Coffield and Clark just adds stability in defense.

Players cant play and coach. He is either a player or a coach but he maybe a terrible coach. If he is on our list next year its to play.

Players cant play and coach. He is either a player or a coach but he maybe a terrible coach. If he is on our list next year its to play.
John Nichols and Barassi did it - someone playing as a backup with vast experience could easily help out Clavarino.
Also thks Plugger for your Sandy comments

That's strange because the kid was a state school boys 1500m runner - hope you had enough Hotdogs and Dim Sims with the VB's

He doesn't seem quick on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons has had a 39 and many games over 30. Cutler's only gone over 30 once - more than 3 years ago. Lyons more clearances, more contested, more goals - ahead on every measure except marks really.
They are very different players. They only reason i used Lyons as an example was because a lot of people thought he was an average player but Brisbane had a role for him tgar suited him.

If we are comparing their stats though looking at Cutler last year when he was getting a game he is well on top of Lyons this year in metres gained as well as disposal efficiency as well.

They are very different players. They only reason i used Lyons as an example was because a lot of people thought he was an average player but Brisbane had a role for him tgar suited him.

If we are comparing their stats though looking at Cutler last year when he was getting a game he is well on top of Lyons this year in metres gained as well as disposal efficiency as well.

I have a mate who follows Brisbane so keep a bit of an eye on them, he also talks about them a lot so I'm kind of across the players he rates and Cutler is like people see Newnes at the Saints in his eyes. If he was gone in FA they wouldn't be too upset, he seems to have been around for ever too.

That's strange because the kid was a state school boys 1500m runner - hope you had enough Hotdogs and Dim Sims with the VB's
His pace is fine just needs time and games to learn to play against men also had 8 weeks out

I have a mate who follows Brisbane so keep a bit of an eye on them, he also talks about them a lot so I'm kind of across the players he rates and Cutler is like people see Newnes at the Saints in his eyes. If he was gone in FA they wouldn't be too upset, he seems to have been around for ever too.
Not so sure about that Gringo. I've got a couple of Brisbane supporting mates that rate him highly. You only have to ask a few Brisbane fans on big footy about him and you'll see there are plenty confused as to why he wasn't getting a game earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back