Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it was strictly script back around 2008/9- i remember that well cause there was a horrid dust storm in Melbourne and i stupidly left my ventolin in my bag, in my office over the weekend.

Definitely needed ventolin and the cow at the chemist refused to give me it.
I've had a couple of chemists seriously question one of my scripts and almost not give me my medication.

Due to a heart condition I have to take antibiotics before going to the dentist - been doing that since I was 10/11 and it's a different sort of dose with 3 tablets 1 hour before & 2 tablets 3 hours after.

I've had 2 chemists get the medication but not want to hand it over because they don't understand the dosage - I can tell them the dosage without looking at the script, what it's for, how long I've been taking it and they don't care. Took like 10 minutes of arguing with them before they finally have me my medication

That's super frustrating

I haven't gone back to either - found somewhere good where the chemists are nice

Though I do laugh when I get asked if I've taken medication before and it's on the 3rd repeat

Yeah they always say that. I've been on the ******* pill since i was 26 due to excrutiating periods, and yeah im still ******* going to the doctors getting scripts. Is such bullshit.

Actually once i had to argue with the doctor- she gave me a script for that one, would barely last 4 months. I stood my ground, give me one that'll last a ******* year or im not leaving. :rolleyes:

My doctor's good - i see him first half of the year and don't even have to ask for some scripts any more, he'll say "I'll print off these scripts for you"

Similar to above - he put me on the pill when I was 15 as I struggled to go to school. With other doctors at the same clinic it's 50 questions to get a script, but he understands why I'm on it

Only pain i would rate higher than that, was when i had conjunctivitis + an ulcer on my right eye, so it felt like i was being stabbed in the eye over and over again with a compass. Rinse and repeat every 25 seconds. (yes i timed it). After about 8 hours of that, was screaming and punching the walls, and finally got some relief via the Eye and Ear hospital.

I've broken bones, had wisdom teeth out and when they removed 3 teeth in 1 hit I was a bit out of it for that first day

But totally agree about PP - I used to be bed bound that first day or 2, and that was at 14/15 yrs old

So it becomes pretty obvious when a girl is missing school for 1 or 2 days every month...

I've broken bones, had wisdom teeth out and when they removed 3 teeth in 1 hit I was a bit out of it for that first day

But totally agree about PP - I used to be bed bound that first day or 2, and that was at 14/15 yrs old

So it becomes pretty obvious when a girl is missing school for 1 or 2 days every month...

I was never bed bound, but i definitely took a day off here or there, absolutely. I remember being bent over on the floor of my bedroom, gasping to breathe- i was early 20s. That was the "lightbulb" moment- no ******* more of this s**t.

Yours does sound worse than mine tho.

The scary thing is being on the pill you can get blood clots and stuff, it can be dangerous.

Heh. My main access at work has been updated so I could go on the phones, but my TL has me rostered off the phones all day.

Should I tell them, or just bludge the rest of the day? Decisions, decisions. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have a minute or two, read this.

It's a bit more than a three-word slogan, but well worth it.

Here's a snippet to whet your appetite...

"But when I go to sleep, Scotty, I look upon the bushland out of my bedroom window and am reminded that my childhood home is in a spot not dissimilar to the hotspots which are now ashen. I am reminded that the Wombat State Forest and the Lerderderg State Park are just nearby, and know that if a bushfire starts in there, it’ll be my skies that turn an ugly red. I know by heart a fire plan, where to evacuate. No worries, Scotty, if something happens, I’ll hop in the nearby dam and wait for this all to blow over.

I’d love to jet off to Hawaii, chuck ‘shakas’ at the camera and grin my s**t-eating grin, I’d love to stuff my fingers snugly in my ears and dictate that all is well, I’d love to pretend our climate isn’t changing rapidly in the face of overwhelming proof and evidence right in front of me, I’d be elated."

Does anyone remember this song from the 90’s? T-Shirt - You Sexy Thing. Heard it on the radio tonight and hadn’t heard it for years! Can’t stop singing it now.

I believe in miracles, do ya, do ya, do ya, where you from, you sexy thing,
you sexy thing, you.
The missus car has digital radio. Theres the fox old school station where they play that sometimes.
It's allright. Its like R&B Friday every day!

or the nuts.

Yeah probably nuts, he wont be needing that area for a while id be assuming anyway

When I read the article it said he kissed the woman next to him, then he stood up...

I was expecting it to say something like he then kissed the woman/man the other side of him or something completely stupid

Wasn't expecting that - really looked like a dick

When I had a normal 9-5 (7-3) it was so faarken good. Everyone in a good mood cause it's Friday and it made it even better.
Then at about 3 they'd always play Jump Around and you knew it was just about the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back