List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane traded for Neale in 2018 they finished 15th with 5 wins, he has been a massive contributor to their rise.

Putting all your eggs in the draft is a recipe for disaster

The current equivalent would be getting Oliver, Sheed or McGrath one our list

Just to expand a bit on how relatively likely we are to get each of those.

Who they take may depend on what happens before the draft, if they do pick up Paddy McCartin they would be more likely to grab a mid. Although Dalrymple has said a few times that he will always take the best available regardless of needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be quite happy to take McCartin. People may so that he's taking up a list spot but every club including us have players on the list who are likely to never play a game. McCartin was a number 1 draft selection, so he obviously has more talent than most. He will cost us nothing from a draft point of view and would probably be on minimum coin. If he can resolve his concussion issues he could be the pick of the year.

One man's trash is another man's slightly more polished trash

Our stocks of pressure forwards is basically non-existent. I legitimately believe he would have played every game for us this year..
Good to see some Doggie supporters duck in onto our board from time to time to throw around trade suggestions.;)

Fair analysis.

If one of crows or NM decide they want to play silly buggers and bid on Campbell, a strong part of me wants us to pass.

If it leaves McDonald and/or Hollands on the table, would be worth doing.

Would we do it? Honestly no idea
People continue to say this as a possibility. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

People continue to say this as a possibility. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

It is a possibility. It is yet to happen.

I personally do not think it will but as this is a HYPOTHETICAL TRADE AND DRAFT THREAD , it is up for discussion.

As long it doesn't stuff up the Mason Wood recruitment I don't mind.
love your loyalty

I dont expect another club to do that, so in my opinion we can.

I have had the pleasure of speaking to one of a clubs recruiting staff recently and the conversation turned to our academy kids and I can tell you right here, right now that you are so far wrong that it is laughable.

There are clubs out there that believe Gulden is just as good as Campbell and will go comfortably inside pick 25.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree. I believe Daniher approached Harley. From there we acted appropriately and did not pay massive overs.
Plus he may have been using us to up his deal elsewhere. A FF at 27. Does not fit our profile. I find it hard to believe we were going to spend a lot of draft picks for a 27 year old who has a dodgy injury history. We have a midfield that has a number 6 who is best as an 18 year old. Why bring in a FF who in 4-5 years at $1m is going to retire. Yeah that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus he may have been using us to up his deal elsewhere. A FF at 27. Does not fit our profile. I find it hard to believe we were going to spend a lot of draft picks for a 27 year old who has a dodgy injury history. We have a midfield that has a number 6 who is best as an 18 year old. Why bring in a FF who in 4-5 years at $1m is going to retire. Yeah that makes sense.

I respect your opinion mate but you are wrong here :)

Port Adelaide have tabled an offer to Sydney defender Aliir Aliir, per SEN SA 1629's Miles Pfitzner.

Port Adelaide have tabled an offer to Sydney defender Aliir Aliir, per SEN SA 1629's Miles Pfitzner.
If they give us Ladhams, then sure.

Draft Central (which I rate as the absolute authority on the draft) have Gulden at 29, which I personally think is a little low for him (I'd have him in the 20-25 range myself.)

They are also persisting with my guys Hollands at 2, and Phillips at 5, which I think is a testament to those two, given they haven't played any footy all year.

Give us Ladhams and we will take it.

I don't agree with nearly all the coach bashing that goes on in this forum, but I feel like the coaches have completely stuffed up Aliir's development.

He’s contracted to 2021 I think. Looked his best in the forwards tbh. loses his man and gets caught with the ball too much in defence. Weaklink

If we could get ladhams would be perfect

He’s contracted to 2021 I think. Looked his best in the forwards tbh. loses his man and gets caught with the ball too much in defence. Weaklink

If we could get ladhams would be perfect

Thankfully we have a bit of leverage given he is contracted i feel Allir is one of the players you dont trade as he has the potential to become a valuable player at another club and we end up with a nothing pick.

Question for the crew.

CAMPBELL was selected as B.O.G. in the 'All Stars' and the footy narrative was started.

A little side note and generally under reported that GULDEN was best player for the losing team but is barely acknowledged and recognised.

How have 20 players got better then GULDEN when half of them hasn't played a game for a year.

I am guessing or thinking that:

a) He is small ~177cm
b) played HFF or FP for that game
c) Campbell has a bigger narrative
d) pigeon-holed as FP or HFF at AFL level
e) Avg 27 as mid for Swans Academy but not rated by draft predictors

I hope that all of the draft boards are right and we can cover GULDEN easy in the 20s or 30s.

CAMPBELL might have a big burden like HEENEY, MILLS, BLAKEY as a whipping boy target whilst we will be happy due to GULDENs pick number and performance.

Is there a draft board missread about the differences or abilities of CAMPBELL and GULDEN?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Agree, doubt that they will play games.

Have Campbell about pick 7 or so. Great skill set, just needed to see him get 20 odd disposals a game at champions level this year to confirm if top 5.
If Tom Greene can last till 10, I'd suggest Campbell should not go any earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back