Game Day 2020 Preliminary Final vs Port Adelaide, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know how I feel tonight.

Just meh.

I hope we win, if we lose I'll be OK with it as well. As long as Geelong doesn't win it I'm happy haha

Huge effort if we overcome the home ground, the feral crowd, the feral umps (seriously love you guys especially you Curtis), the feral commentators, the travel, the months on the road, the Covid, the vibe, the media hate, the oppo hate, the Brooke, the Lynching, all the other Lynchings, the finger bums (wtf!), the stripper/kebab imbroglio, the media flop frenzy (ignored all other flops btfw), the moz, the nervous shits, the second nervous shits, the weather, the airline food, the dodgy accommodation, the carpentry requests, the can I bring my puppy requests, the gastro, the Castagna can't hit the side of a barn until he miraculously does, the luck, the bounce of the ball, the wind direction if we win the toss, the dew, the lack of dew, the rain, the lack of rain, the never tear us apart song, the forgetting there's a bloody national anthem bit Dimma, the Dimma isn't a strategic coach and we will bomb now that Caracella is gone, the dynasty, the no depth, the too much depth, the Butler deal, the Broad/Markov Suns speculation just when Markov might be looking the goods, the Broad is back in again now and of course, the Chol. Oh man the Chol.

I love this team. My team. Our team.

Go Tigers.

Last edited:
We will need to watch Hartlett tonight. Perhaps that’s the job for Pickett.
Some of their less rated players give me some concerns, Amon is very quick and has been a good rebounder lately, SPP isn’t usually mentioned much in the company of Wines Boak etc but he can really impact the contest. Butters is a young gun who is quick by hand and clever, Ladhams is a skilful and smart tall, and the much maligned Motlop has his mojo back. If any of these players sneak under the radar, they can do some damage. We need a complete team performance to win this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win is a bonus tonight - we have a lot against us with the media and then the game being in Adelaide, as well as a few guys still being a touch underdone. We have not had a proper Richmond home crowd all year and look where we still got to.

I'm not saying I think we'll lose, but I guess that it is the more likely outcome - huge mountain to climb tonight.

If we lose - great job on getting as far as we did considering hub life all season with key players missing for huge periods, and credit to Port for being a genuinely good side.

If we win - amazing, amazing effort.

Love this group regardless, no one can take away from us what we've achieved thus far, regardless of whether or not we're as good as those other "dynasty" teams were. We don't care, we never wanted to be them, and we don't control the quality of the rest of the competition in any given era.

Whatever happens tonight, get back to a normal season next year and keep going - our window will be open for a good while yet.

Carn the Tiges :tigerface::tigerface::tigerface:

Tough to know which way tonight will go.

Yes we have things going against us: crowd, hub, players not having played much footy etc , but I look at our team and there are just so many players who can bob up and lead the way.. Dusty/ Lynch/ Cotchin/ Edwards/ Lambert/ Prestia/ Riewoldt/ Houli plus others.

I have developed a lot of trust and confidence in this group , both the playing group and the coaching group.

Whatever the outcome, let's just hope Lynch can stick a big fat knee into the Drummer Boy's back tonight.

Go get 'em

Tough to know which way tonight will go.

Yes we have things going against us: crowd, hub, players not having played much footy etc , but I look at our team and there are just so many players who can bob up and lead the way.. Dusty/ Lynch/ Cotchin/ Edwards/ Lambert/ Prestia/ Riewoldt/ Houli plus others.

I have developed a lot of trust and confidence in this group , both the playing group and the coaching group.

Whatever the outcome, let's just hope Lynch can stick a big fat knee into the Drummer Boy's back tonight.

Go get 'em
Whatever happens, definitely think we need the best of midfield Dusty tonight, as opposed to forward line Dusty.

Haha, geez Barrett loves to rile things up, not sure why he is always such a prick toward Richmond though...

So if we lose a Prelim in Adelaide, having been in hub life all year with a lot of best-22 injuries, the era is over?

Wow Damo. We lost a Prelim in 2018 - was the era finished then too?

We lose tonight and it means squat - if the game were at the G we'd win comfortably, so then the era would still be going?

Not sure why we bother reading into media stuff anyway, you can be a hero or villain on any given day, they don't actually know anything genuine about footy.

Whatever happens, we'll be fine.

A good start is going to be so important.
Take the crowd and the early heat out if the game with some scoreboard pressure.
I heard Cam Raynor from Brissy making a good observation the other night - he said that in finals you cant just beat a good team once in a game and expect to win - you have to beat them 3-4 times. Good teams just keep coming.

First 5 minutes is a good start but I wont be happy until we're 6 goals up with 5 minutes to play

I'm gunna be hopping from foot to foot until it starts. Can't concentrate on work.

They are favourites and deserve to be. Tough job. We can get it done, but it will take some powerful football.

Looking forward to the seeing how we handle the second ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back