List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new leader in the race for Brad Crouch is very much a Steven Bradbury type situation. He seems to have gone from a guy that was asking the Suns for massive money just a year ago to the position where he is not going to get much above a middle-tier pay packet for a senior player.
And just like that. He now sounds perfect for us

And just like that. He now sounds perfect for us

Fit & firing I would agree, but I wouldn't take on 5 years of risk with Jed, Jy & LDU emerging.

As far as onballers go I reckon we either draft and look at another sound bodied mature mid to pair up with Cunners.

A very North like vibe around the Saints.
They had their 2013 offseason moment last year and now going through their 2014 offseason moment.

They need to get Hanneberry off the books pronto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies-Uniake.

He turns 22 in the middle of next season.

I'm a huge LDU fan and think his upside is enormous. Think he plays a lot more outside than Kennedy though and has run and spread capabilities that Kennedy would only dream of. LDU playing in midfield with Kennedy would be formidable. My hope is that a fully fit Cunners next year allows both LDU and Jye to play slightly more outside and we can use their spread and ball use as much as possible. I think Cunners improves our whole midfield by 20% and will make our young stars even better.

I'm a huge LDU fan and think his upside is enormous. Think he plays a lot more outside than Kennedy though and has run and spread capabilities that Kennedy would only dream of. LDU playing in midfield with Kennedy would be formidable. My hope is that a fully fit Cunners next year allows both LDU and Jye to play slightly more outside and we can use their spread and ball use as much as possible. I think Cunners improves our whole midfield by 20% and will make our young stars even better.

He's a little more outside and a lot more offensively dangerous, but we have the inside grunt covered with Cunners & Jed, and there's no 22 year old Kennedy's about that aren't going to cost us an arm and a leg. It's why I want to see us nab Phillips this year. Otherwise, I reckon we are better off going for another older body, and Dom Tyson can actually give us something here if we can get him on the park.

I'd question the intelligence of recruiting someone like Crouch. After all, this is an individual that was caught with drugs at a time when he is trying to secure the biggest contract of his life.

It doesn't get much stupider than that.

Who said we were recruiting him... thought the saints were leading

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All I can say when it comes to this trade period is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Brady has my trust for now but we will need to see how things play out. Anyone saying Brady will do this etc is just speculating as we have no idea what is being discussed behind the scenes but there is no point getting worked up about something we ultimately have no control of

He's a little more outside and a lot more offensively dangerous, but we have the inside grunt covered with Cunners & Jed, and there's no 22 year old Kennedy's about that aren't going to cost us an arm and a leg. It's why I want to see us nab Phillips this year. Otherwise, I reckon we are better off going for another older body, and Dom Tyson can actually give us something here if we can get him on the park.

Dom is the forgotten man. Real shame with what has happened with his calf. Would have been a great opportunity for him to step in as the mature inside mid this year with Cunners out. Given pretty much all our fans have written him off if he comes good he will be a real bonus. Still only 27.

Bonar would be viewed as a potential long-term inside mid. I also think Constable might be an interesting proposition for us to look at as well.

All I can say when it comes to this trade period is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Brady has my trust for now but we will need to see how things play out. Anyone saying Brady will do this etc is just speculating as we have no idea what is being discussed behind the scenes but there is no point getting worked up about something we ultimately have no control of

Then why "prepare for the worst"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back