Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
Even better height for a line breaking inside mid if that’s what he can be.
It seems like Chesser, Sinn, Callaghan are in the running for our pick...Why is Sinn not playing ? He seems to have been MIA for the last 5 weeks. Any others that might be in that mix ? I don't include Sonsie (he's not showing enough for mine, and assuming Daicos and Horne and taken)..
Would Xavier Maher be a chance with our first pick in the MSD? I like the look of him, and Edwards looks to be going pick 1.

Cal Twomey this morning: Daicos will be the best player from the draft. His first month the most dominant Twomey has seen from U18 player, including Rowell and Walsh

Collingwood kissed on the dick.
F/S is a hard pill I’m willing to swallow in comparison to academy picks.

I know we haven’t had much luck but it could be our turn soon with a top end F/S.

How do regular box hill watchers rate Trent Mynott?

I never see them play, but i was watching some highlights for Jai Newcombe and this kid stood out a couple of times. Reminded me a lot of adam treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F/S is a hard pill I’m willing to swallow in comparison to academy picks.

I know we haven’t had much luck but it could be our turn soon with a top end F/S.

F/S just doesn't seem to be our thing, the scouting reports on Finn were he was late 1st rd material and has a mature body that could be nearly ready to go, nearly 2 years in and he barely looks an AFL player sadly.

F/S just doesn't seem to be our thing, the scouting reports on Finn were he was late 1st rd material and has a mature body that could be nearly ready to go, nearly 2 years in and he barely looks an AFL player sadly.
Are/were those scouts all wrong or has something else gone wrong since he was drafted?

Fair chance he's playing a very different role now to what he was doing at u/18. Hopefully he comes out of this programme a more rounded footballer & we benefit from it.

Are/were those scouts all wrong or has something else gone wrong since he was drafted?

Fair chance he's playing a very different role now to what he was doing at u/18. Hopefully he comes out of this programme a more rounded footballer & we benefit from it.

Very hard to say I suppose, it's still early days at least, fingers crossed he makes it and has a 150 game career.

It is true we're trying to make his game more well rounded.

I watched him a couple of times and he lacked a defensive side and he also didn’t win a lot of ball on the outside. These are his problems at both vfl and AFL level. Don’t know who the accounts are but the clubs seems determined to improve him and he seems determined to improve so I’d suggest give him some time. Not sure last year counts as development time either.

After pick 22, our next pick is not until 56. A lot can happen depending on the number of NGA selections and F/S if there’s any taken in the second and third round of the draft which could push that pick further out. If we can add another pick in the 20s-30s that would be ideal.

Cal Twomey this morning: Daicos will be the best player from the draft. His first month the most dominant Twomey has seen from U18 player, including Rowell and Walsh

Collingwood kissed on the ****.

Has had multiple games of 40 touches and no tackles I believe? That won't help him hit the ground running in 2022 if he has no defensive game.

After pick 22, our next pick is not until 56. A lot can happen depending on the number of NGA selections and F/S if there’s any taken in the second and third round of the draft which could push that pick further out. If we can add another pick in the 20s-30s that would be ideal.

It'll happen. We'll either trade picks or players to give our rebuild the shot in the arm it needs.

If 3 picks inside 22 are not enough for you, we could always bring 2022 first rounder forward.
I hope we do this, especially if the draft is rich in midfield talent with character.

Or we could trade it for recent midfield draftees.

Is there anyone in the draft that can distribute the ball out of midfield by foot? Skills are a must in what we need to have as priority 1.
Finn Callaghan has great skills, but is a reach at pick 2. Chesser is a fast, strong type who does what he needs to and rarely gets caught, also he has a defensive side to his game. I think if he get him and another top 10 pick in Johnson/sinn, alongside trading up picks 21+22 for one in the teens we could get Callaghan. Chesser, Sinn/Johnson and Callaghan is a good start to rebuiling our midfield.

Finn Callaghan has great skills, but is a reach at pick 2. Chesser is a fast, strong type who does what he needs to and rarely gets caught, also he has a defensive side to his game. I think if he get him and another top 10 pick in Johnson/sinn, alongside trading up picks 21+22 for one in the teens we could get Callaghan. Chesser, Sinn/Johnson and Callaghan is a good start to rebuiling our midfield.
I value speed of the ball off the foot and through the air more valuable than leg speed. We have no one that can hit a solid flat pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back