List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Still left...

Lochie O'Brien
5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
32. Jack Newnes
33. Sam Ramsay
39. Oscar McDonald (SSP Rookie)
40. Michael Gibbons (Promoted to Snr list)
44. Matthew Owies (Cat B International Rookie) - (to be retained as a Cat B Rookie)
46. Matthew Cottrell (2nd yr rookie)

Elsewhere on this thread I think, Newnes has a contract trigger activated. Shall wait and see. But it seems to me that Cottrell and Gibbons likely gone. SPS gone. McDonald on fringe. LoB possibly gone if a suitable trade, or possibly even delisted (some rumours not 100% professional in preparation). I can work with whatever. Just wondering about Ramsey and Owies. Where do they fit? I think they both could offer something... And if it was a choice between Ramsey and Gibbons, who would we keep?

Still left...

Lochie O'Brien
5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
32. Jack Newnes
33. Sam Ramsay
39. Oscar McDonald (SSP Rookie)
40. Michael Gibbons (Promoted to Snr list)
44. Matthew Owies (Cat B International Rookie) - (to be retained as a Cat B Rookie)
46. Matthew Cottrell (2nd yr rookie)

Elsewhere on this thread I think, Newnes has a contract trigger activated. Shall wait and see. But it seems to me that Cottrell and Gibbons likely gone. SPS gone. McDonald on fringe. LoB possibly gone if a suitable trade, or possibly even delisted (some rumours not 100% professional in preparation). I can work with whatever. Just wondering about Ramsey and Owies. Where do they fit? I think they both could offer something... And if it was a choice between Ramsey and Gibbons, who would we keep?
Ramsay, zero doubt. Should have debuted.

Ideally, keep O'Brien, Ramsay, Owies... the rest can go (or have asked to go, in the case of SPS).

Ramsay, zero doubt. Should have debuted.

Ideally, keep O'Brien, Ramsay, Owies... the rest can go (or have asked to go, in the case of SPS).

I think I read that Newnes has hit trigger in his contract to get another year so I reckon Ramsay might be gone, unless LOB leaves (I hope LOB stays).

I also think the club will try to get a KPP upgrade on Oscar from this years free agent list (eg Riccardi, OBrien) and only if they can’t then they’ll re sign Oscar.

Outside of that I certainly hope Owies gets another contract but Gibbons and Cottrell look like they are gone.

I think I read that Newnes has hit trigger in his contract to get another year so I reckon Ramsay might be gone, unless LOB leaves (I hope LOB stays).

I also think the club will try to get a KPP upgrade on Oscar from this years free agent list (eg Riccardi, OBrien) and only if they can’t then they’ll re sign Oscar.

Outside of that I certainly hope Owies gets another contract but Gibbons and Cottrell look like they are gone.
Throw a dart in any direction and you'll hit a better out of contract option than OMac with ease.

I really hope we reach a settlement Newnes contract if that's true, it's just not worth it.

Couple of player playing in the SANFL Grand Final Sunday we need to be looking at:
Jack Hayes - 194cm KPP/2nd Ruck. Best player outside of thr AFL IMHO. And if he was 196-198cm would already be a 100 game player.

And the other who has been mentioned regularly is Tyson Stengle. Too good to be playing state league

If we were to get Lewis Young and Brander in this trade period, I don’t think they’d walk into the 1s but they would give us a much improved reserves side. Much better structured which would mean our youth would actually be able to develop playing the roles they were recruited for. It would be a much more competitive side too which is always better for the development of all players. It could look something like this:

Boyd McDonald Newman
Marchbank Young Ramsay
Newnes Kennedy O’Brien
Fogarty Brander Philp
Durdin McGovern Owies
Pittonet Carroll Setterfield
Mirkov

I’d back that team to finish top 4 in the VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does any one think any of the VFL players could get promoted
I was really impressed with Wooller, North, Parsons and Radavanovic.
Wooller was the pick of them for me, looked better than our AFL listed players most weeks.

If we were to get Lewis Young and Brander in this trade period, I don’t think they’d walk into the 1s but they would give us a much improved reserves side. Much better structured which would mean our youth would actually be able to develop playing the roles they were recruited for. It would be a much more competitive side too which is always better for the development of all players. It could look something like this:

Boyd McDonald Newman
Marchbank Young Ramsay
Newnes Kennedy O’Brien
Fogarty Brander Philp
Durdin McGovern Owies
Pittonet Carroll Setterfield
Mirkov

I’d back that team to finish top 4 in the VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Get C2K on the VFL coaching panel. Them's some good thinking about player development

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can some wizard do the actual maths on our list position? Unfortunately I don't have the time nor the insight into the current list requirements.

If we're bringin Cerra, Hewett and two to three draft picks in. What room do we actually have and are we forced to trade any contracted players?
Started last year with the senior + Cat A rookie Max of 42. (Owies sits outside)

Bring in Boyd and Mirkov mid year, so we are at a -2 overall.

With the 3 confirmed outs we have 1 spot available.

So to bring in 3x trade/free agents and 3 more in the draft 8 players in total or 5 additional to the ones that have left need to be moved.

The list crunch is tight. Would be harder if Owies wasn't granted an exemption for an additional Cat B year

Started last year with the senior + Cat A rookie Max of 42. (Owies sits outside)

Bring in Boyd and Mirkov mid year, so we are at a -2 overall.

With the 3 confirmed outs we have 1 spot available.

So to bring in 3x trade/free agents and 3 more in the draft 8 players in total or 5 additional to the ones that have left need to be moved.

The list crunch is tight. Would be harder if Owies wasn't granted an exemption for an additional Cat B year
Are Boyd and Mirkov re-signed or can we bin them?

Mirkov signed an 18 month contract right off the bat. Boyd only six months but it has been rumoured that we are likely to offer him another 12 month deal, though nothing official confirmed there.
Would be ludicrous to sign him up and bin someone like LOB

I really like our midfield balance right now. A good combination of inside and outside

Cripps - Inside
Wash - Inside/Outside
Cerra - Outside

As a starting 3 is about perfect imo. Then roll Kennedy, Curnow, Hewett, Dow, Williams, Fisher there's a constant flow of inside and outside guys.

Starting to get a little excited about this. Perhaps the only thing missing is a mid that consistently hits the scoreboard, though towards the back end of the year Walsh was adding that to his game.

I believe Cerra can add that string as can Dow & Fisher. As it stands right now none are legitimate consistent goal kicking mids, but a few can get there.

I really like our midfield balance right now. A good combination of inside and outside

Cripps - Inside
Wash - Inside/Outside
Cerra - Outside

As a starting 3 is about perfect imo. Then roll Kennedy, Curnow, Hewett, Dow, Williams, Fisher there's a constant flow of inside and outside guys.

Starting to get a little excited about this. Perhaps the only thing missing is a mid that consistently hits the scoreboard, though towards the back end of the year Walsh was adding that to his game.

I believe Cerra can add that string as can Dow & Fisher. As it stands right now none are legitimate consistent goal kicking mids, but a few can get there.
New coaching outfit with Vossy at the helm, Cerra and Hewett in, another year development and pre season for the younger guys. Should be a much better outfit next year which was needed and is very exciting.

Just now need a Dow or Stocker midfield breakout and we're on our way. Dow's the one, turns that better balanced midfield into a DYNAMIC midfield.

New coaching outfit with Vossy at the helm, Cerra and Hewett in, another year development and pre season for the younger guys. Should be a much better outfit next year which was needed and is very exciting.

Just now need a Dow or Stocker midfield breakout and we're on our way. Dow's the one, turns that better balanced midfield into a DYNAMIC midfield.
Fisher certainly adds some dynamism to things and if fit Williams also would, but I agree Dow has a bit more power than simply speed.

Maybe even Kemp could be thrown into that mix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back