MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw the footage of Chris Scott interacting with lions players after the siren, looked like big Oscar McInernie definitely told him to go a get f'd, such was the reaction it drew :)

I saw the footage of Chris Scott interacting with lions players after the siren, looked like big Oscar McInernie definitely told him to go a get f'd, such was the reaction it drew :)

And then another Lions player, possibly two-time All-Australian defender Harris Andrews but possibly someone else, said something like, "Not as soft as you p***ks in the Grand Final".

And then another Lions player, possibly two-time All-Australian defender Harris Andrews but possibly someone else, said something like, "Not as soft as you p***ks in the Grand Final".

It's so sad the way Damian Barrett has become the Scott Brothers' one man cheer squad after they near throttled him in a New York bar. Chris Scott's behaviour the other night was childish, and for Barrett to suggest that the Lions players were lucky Selwood and Guthrie dragged their coach away shows just how beholden Damo is to the Scotts. I'd be willing to bet the Lions players would not fold as quickly as Damo did. If Scott engaged any Lions player physically, he would be on his arse in 3 seconds max.

It's so sad the way Damian Barrett has become the Scott Brothers' one man cheer squad after they near throttled him in a New York bar. Chris Scott's behaviour the other night was childish, and for Barrett to suggest that the Lions players were lucky Selwood and Guthrie dragged their coach away shows just how beholden Damo is to the Scotts. I'd be willing to bet the Lions players would not fold as quickly as Damo did. If Scott engaged any Lions player physically, he would be on his arse in 3 seconds max.
Was Barret saying that the Lions players were lucky Scotts didn't bash them?

Maybe if he tried he would be on his arse in 3 seconds. He'd probably be on an assult charge as well. I don't think that the Barret article hosted on the AFL Web Site is exactly appropriate.

Either that or he is clever, does care and writes this s**t to piss them off and inspire the boys to go out and prove him wrong.

Hard to believe tho given his other output.

Has anyone else in the history of the AFL called for a team to lose a marquee game? He says we're as bad as * so what is his stance on Anzac Day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked a bit stiff - personally I reckon a player getting pushed between to opponents is entitled to protect themselves.
I've seen it a couple of times ... I'm coming around to the idea it was intentional and hard, and there was a bit of knowledge that Fyfe wasn't really ready, but on the other hand if he hadn't been pushed he wouldn't have been in that position or had that added momentum and that it was as much instinctive protection as anything else. On the other hand it would never have happened 20 years ago because players like Fyfe had better situational awareness and had learned from a young age to instinctively ride bumps in the right position. When Reid was a kid he probably learned this.

The real problem here is players don't try to protect themselves by going side on and then bumping or absorbing the contact instinctively anymore.

Its already leading to more of these incidents, not less of them.

I still don't know what else Reid could have done except leave himself vulnerable to incidental contact in the same way Fyfe was. I've even got some sympathy for what happened to Dangerfield. (Even tho its technically right that he got three and he carried himself like a gormless twat thru the whole thing.)

At some point the AFL will face the real crux of this issue - its a contact sport and the only way to guarantee you are maximising potential player safety wrt to concussion is to remove all contact.

Ben Cunnington, North Melbourne, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Rory Laird, Adelaide Crows, during the second quarter of the Round Four match between North Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday April 11.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Byron Pickett would get life, Archer a season stint these days.

Softest suspension I can remember.

What is Ben meant to do? Completely pull up to avoid any contact and allow Laird to run round some turnstile attempt and have a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back