NFL 2021 NFL - Week 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Except how can you have any confidence in this Chiefs team? The offense looks anaemic despite the weapons out there, their receivers drop passes all the time - when they're not juggling them and turning them into INTs - and Mahomes just doesn't look like he's making as many good decisions as he has the past few years.

In a one-off game, sure. But beating three or four good teams in a row? They might, but the evidence this year doesn't support it.

Although there's an argument that there aren't really any great teams around this year, so maybe some turnover luck and the least bad team wins it.

It’s more the “look at the alternatives” they all have issues. Probably trust Mahomes turning it on more than a Bills, Pats (year off), etc

Cowboys fans be like....

Broncos decided to played their SB against us the pricks!

It happens. Look at the Vikes last 2 weeks after beating us. Kirk Cousins has Kirk Cousins like never before, but played like a player worthy of his contract against us

And to think the NFL flexed this into SNF for the 9ers/Seattle game at least that had madness to keep it fun to watch

Yet they keep the Bears and Packers game in next week.

NFL hates tthe 49ers

NFL hates tthe 49ers
NFL wasnt flexing Bears/Packers its a massive draw for TV and biggest rivalry in the league.
Its also why they opened the season with Bears/Packers a few years ago over the Super Bowl champs when they played their 200th game.

Its also why you will get a Dallas/NY or Dallas/Phi game at some point in the season on SNF or MNF that would never be flexed out.

NFL hates tthe 49ers
also looking at week 14 what could of been flexed? because there is no chance CBS didnt use a protection on Tampa/Buffalo. 9ers/Cinci?
Because it couldnt be Raiders/KC since outside of the last week of the season the NFL doesnt allow a divisional game onto SNF if the first game was played on SNF or MNF. same for Browns/Ravens. but the Browns also play Saturday in week 15.

Dallas/Washington wouldnt of looked much better 2 weeks ago when flexing has to be announced.

Ravens going for 2 points for the win was the right call. Their team was down:
RB1-3, LT, RT1&2, RDE, LDE, CB1,2&4, FS1 and many other backups. When you lose the backups of backups, the team starts to look like the Lions. Ok, maybe not that bad but certainly Browns level. In fact, we will probably lose to the Browns this week…. although they are the Browns and anything could happen.

IF M Humphrey is out (CB1), then their season is done. I know they won’t roll over but really they should at this point in time.
Better to get a better draft pick and start planning for next year. A pass rusher should be priority 1, then interior D-Linemen and probably some more O-Linemen. Really need reinforcement in the trenches and hope the top players return next year healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect nothing out of the rest of the season for the Ravens. If they still make the play-offs, they won't do anything. The offense is trash - Lamar seems to be actively regressing, the OL is terrible and the team somehow still hasn't figured out how to deal with a Cover-0 blitz despite seeing it heaps over the last month. The defense is probably one of the worst 5 defenses in Ravens history, and is going to get worse considering the Humphrey injury.

All I hope for is that there aren't any more major injuries, that the young players progress and that Lamar finds a way to become more consistent

I expect nothing out of the rest of the season for the Ravens. If they still make the play-offs, they won't do anything. The offense is trash - Lamar seems to be actively regressing, the OL is terrible and the team somehow still hasn't figured out how to deal with a Cover-0 blitz despite seeing it heaps over the last month. The defense is probably one of the worst 5 defenses in Ravens history, and is going to get worse considering the Humphrey injury.

All I hope for is that there aren't any more major injuries, that the young players progress and that Lamar finds a way to become more consistent
The Ravens D has carried them the last month. The O has only put up 10, 16, 16 and 19 points the last 4 weeks and vs teams that aren't playoff teams (currently anyway) in Miami, Cleveland, Chicago and Pittsburgh

Can someone tell me how the Detroit-Minnesota game ended?

I obviously saw in the play-by-play on the ESPN website/app that there was a last second touchdown to take the lead. However, there was no extra point attempt.

I know after the Fail Mary game they changed the rule so pointless extra points aren't attempted. But a bad snap fumbled and recovered for 2, or a blocked xp returned for 2 ties it up.

On a technicality I believe the extra point attempt should've been enforced (and any head coach with half a brain goes a kneel to try and reduce the risk of a turnover for 2) but if the coach is dumb and there's a blocked xp. That oversight could've cost the Vikings the game.

Why am I now expecting someone to see they did kneel on the xp, and espn just hasnt updated anything.

I obviously saw in the play-by-play on the ESPN website/app that there was a last second touchdown to take the lead. However, there was no extra point attempt.

I know after the Fail Mary game they changed the rule so pointless extra points aren't attempted. But a bad snap fumbled and recovered for 2, or a blocked xp returned for 2 ties it up.

On a technicality I believe the extra point attempt should've been enforced (and any head coach with half a brain goes a kneel to try and reduce the risk of a turnover for 2) but if the coach is dumb and there's a blocked xp. That oversight could've cost the Vikings the game.

Why am I now expecting someone to see they did kneel on the xp, and espn just hasnt updated anything.
The refs erred by calling the game over, by rule the PAT was supposed to be taken

They changed the rules a few years ago. if you score a TD as time expires you dont need to kick the PAT [lions would of taken a knee to avoid a possible block returned for 2] same thing happened in another game earlier in the season.

I dont like that

realistically, yeah, you're right.
There's a 99.999% chance the game's over

But I'm a Falcons fan, if anyone will find the 0.001% chance to lose it's us.
So I know anything is possible.

They changed the rules a few years ago. if you score a TD as time expires you dont need to kick the PAT [lions would of taken a knee to avoid a possible block returned for 2] same thing happened in another game earlier in the season.

Interesting.
Scott Hanson was saying that as long as the result of the game is not completely certain, that the PAT should still be kicked (or kneeled, whatever you want to do)

Rhule is delusional if that is truly what he thought could happen. You need to be winning to run 35 times a game, and you aren't winning with Darnold or a cooked Cam Newton as your QB

As per everything in life when it comes to him, take what David Newton says with a grain of salt. He is truly a useless reporter.

You watch the game vs Miami, and tell me that was an actual good game plan, have Newton throwing deep in his second game back behind a s**t pass blocking oline and team that likes to blitz.. That was the final nail in Joe Brady's coffin. This has been coming for a while thru a variety of reasons (not to mention Brady was one of the guys who wanted Darnold)

Matt Rhule gets one more year.

As for the vacant OC, I think we need some experience. Jim Caldwell would be my top option, Pep Hamilton id talk to also.

Officials properly applied “no try” rule after Lions scored go-ahead touchdown with no time left

Posted by Mike Florio on December 5, 2021, 5:25 PM EST

Many were confused by the fact that the Lions were not required to run a point-after try after taking a 29-27 lead with no time left on Sunday. Some suggested the officials erred by not running one more play. According to the league, it was handled properly.

The provision comes from Rule 4, Section 8, Article 2(c) of the rulebook: “If a touchdown is made on the last play of a period, the Try attempt shall be made (except during a sudden-death period, or if a touchdown is scored during a down in which time in the fourth period expires, and a successful Try would not affect the outcome of the game).”

The key is the presence of the word “successful.” An unsuccessful try on Sunday, if it resulted in a turnover and a return for two points, would have affected the outcome of the game. But the rule doesn’t say “successful or unsuccessful.”

Although the smart move in situations like that would be to take a knee 100 out of 100 times, why not require the team to execute a successful kneel down?
They don’t end a game prematurely when the team leading the game needs to simply take one or two or three knees.

Why end a game when there’s an incredibly slim — but not impossible — chance that things will go haywire?
Here’s a thought — change the rule to “successful or unsuccessful.” That way, the try would happen in any game that results in the touchown with no time on the clock creating a one- or two-point lead.

NFL wasnt flexing Bears/Packers its a massive draw for TV and biggest rivalry in the league.
Its also why they opened the season with Bears/Packers a few years ago over the Super Bowl champs when they played their 200th game.

Its also why you will get a Dallas/NY or Dallas/Phi game at some point in the season on SNF or MNF that would never be flexed out.

Hardly a rivalry. One team just beats the other 99% of the time for the past 20 years, that's not how rivalries work.

Hardly a rivalry. One team just beats the other 99% of the time for the past 20 years, that's not how rivalries work.
Bears fans are forever living in 1985.
But the rivalry is still real in the fan bases. Its like the Carlton/Collingwood rivalry in the AFL just because its been onesided for generations doesnt make it any less bitter.

Both fanbases would be ok to go 2-15 in a season if those 2 wins were against the other side of this rivalry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back