Discussion 2021 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers guys, my way of thinking too.

Just still hearing people who might be picking Mitchell if he lines up round 1 which had me wondering.

I hear he might play a VFL practice match this week and he is coming off shoulder surgery so maybe best to wait.

Tom played most of last season with a sore shoulder. Tough bugga and longer quarters suit him. If he plays VFL and pulls up okay I think I'll start him. Maybe Macrae to Titch.

I definitely want Titch. But he'll be an upgrade target for me. Doubt we will have to spend more than $40k-$50k more than his starting price.

Yeah makes sense mate, I want him too but better off as an upgrade target and hopefully he shreds a bit of cash.

Petracca + Bontempelli + Fyfe
v
Steele + Oliver + Walsh

Petracca + Bontempelli + Fyfe
v
Steele + Oliver + Walsh
Next best premo back after Lloyd Stewart Short Laird.
Not counting Whitfield either.

Dusty or Heeney?
Dusty will average around 100 and be a fine starting pick, but for $450k you can get a ~95 averaging player in Heeney. If he can stay fit, he'll score well. Actually pretty durable in previous seasons, just that major injury last year.

Dusty will average around 100 and be a fine starting pick, but for $450k you can get a ~95 averaging player in Heeney. If he can stay fit, he'll score well. Actually pretty durable in previous seasons, just that major injury last year.
I just think Dusty has had a really good PS as opposed to Heeney coming back from injury, and Dusty has had multiple seasons of being an improved scorer with a nice mid / fwd balance, whilst Heeney has constantly been a 95 tease who gets stuck fwd (mainly).
Less risk with Dusty.

I just think Dusty has had a really good PS as opposed to Heeney coming back from injury, and Dusty has had multiple seasons of being an improved scorer with a nice mid / fwd balance, whilst Heeney has constantly been a 95 tease who gets stuck fwd (mainly).
Less risk with Dusty.
Yeah I agree, Dusty will most probably average more than Heeney. It's just to save that $87k and use it down back or in the middle, you could get a very similar average.

I'd love to start Dusty, but it just doesn't work for me right now.

Heeney is in 18% of teams right now, I reckon after the preseason matches, that will jump to 30% or more.

There's a misconception that he's injury prone, yet before his major ankle injury last season, he played 94/101 available matches, which is pretty damn good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green v Heppell v Caldwell
Tough one, I am not a huge risk taker, so in this instance I would choose Heppell knowing that I should expect 90+ from him, with the occasional 100+ thrown in now and again. Can you say the same of the other two?

Shiel only played a half v Blues - want to see full kitted out midfield and where Caldwell ranks, while Green I think is a risk worth taking....

Green v Heppell v Caldwell

Heppell likely to be managed. Can he get back to 90+ in a new (old) role?
Green competing with Hopper and TT but should get plenty of CBA's. Surely he plays every game? Can't trust L.Cameron though.
Caldwell with most CBA's in the praccy, albeit without McGrath and Shiel only playing a half. Played well by reports.

I have Caldwell atm, only because I need a FWD. Just in front of Green, then Heppell.

Tom played most of last season with a sore shoulder. Tough bugga and longer quarters suit him. If he plays VFL and pulls up okay I think I'll start him. Maybe Macrae to Titch.
Pretty high floor and low variably when he’s up and running. Not one of the primos that is likely to drop a lot unless genuinely injured or unfit. I’m pretty keen to start him if he shows he’s 3/4 good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back