Preview 2021 Qualifying Final vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REALLY want to see Karl or DBJ reintroduce Matty White's paddock from at least one kick in this finals series.

It was one of the most exciting things from that era and you only need to do it once to make all oppo teams adjust their zone.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bulldogs did a good impression of it against us last week.

Since we beat Geelong in the 2004 QF our record was 7-1-4, it has now gone to 11-1-24.

The only good omen is that we have never won 2 in a row since 2004 QF, so as we lost the last game against them, we are a chance to win this one and keep the non streak going.

Last edited:
Since we beat Geelong in the 2004 QF our record was 7-1-4, it has now gone to 11-1-24.

The only good omen is that we have never won 2 in a row since 2004 QF, ao as we lost the last game against them, we are a chance to win this one and keep the non streak going.

Terrible record over that period of time, but since 2019 our record against them is 2-2. 2-1 at Adelaide Oval - the last game being the loss. Have had 2 close games that were grind it out, one close shootout, and one blowout - a mix of everything really.

I think being a final it will be a hot contest which most likely conduces itself to a grit and grind performance. Truly thinking if we are thereabouts heading into the last, we'll have the foot speed to run over the top of them. But if we play too recklessly and turn it over ad nauseam, they will make us pay every single ******* time.

The key is to not give up 5 unanswered goals in the first quarter, but we won’t even feel out of it then.

Pressure the * out of them all game and I think we should win fairly easily. They are built for a scrap but I think our side is just far too talented and players like Dixon, Wines and Boak all just get stronger the later in the game it gets.

I predict we will win by 5 goals (dixon’s tally) with Boak clear BOG.

The key is to not give up 5 unanswered goals in the first quarter, but we won’t even feel out of it then.

Pressure the fu** out of them all game and I think we should win fairly easily. They are built for a scrap but I think our side is just far too talented and players like Dixon, Wines and Boak all just get stronger the later in the game it gets.

I predict we will win by 5 goals (dixon’s tally) with Boak clear BOG.
5 unanswered goals in the last quarter was our problem last time, before Lachie Jones kicked one then Gary Rohan kicked the last goal of the match.

Connor Rozee goal
6m 43s​
13.5.83 - 11.8.74
13.5.83 - 12.8.80
8m 31s​
Jeremy Cameron goal
13.5.83 - 13.8.86
9m 55s​
Isaac Smith goal
13.5.83 - 14.8.92
11m 9s​
Jeremy Cameron goal
13.5.83 - 14.9.93
14m 1s​
Patrick Dangerfield behind
13.5.83 - 15.9.99
20m 6s​
Jeremy Cameron goal
Connor Rozee behind
21m 22s​
13.6.84 - 15.9.99
13.6.84 - 15.10.100
24m 5s​
Tom Hawkins behind
13.6.84 - 16.10.106
26m 56s​
Tom Hawkins goal

PORT ADELAIDE has made a single change to its side for Friday night’s blockbuster Qualifying Final against Geelong.

Orazio Fantasia returns to the side after missing the Round 23 win with hamstring tightness while young forward Mitch Georgiades drops out with a similar hamstring injury.
Coach Ken Hinkley on Thursday said he expected the 19-year-old would be available to play next week if required.

Last week’s medical substitute Sam Mayes has dropped back to the emergency list. The other emergencies are Tom Clurey, Sam Powell-Pepper and Boyd Woodcock.

so we lose MG and Mayes but gain Raz. Are we still short? Who becomes sub? Someone from the game last week? Or are they selected from emergency?

I’m already stressed about tomorrow so it’s clouding my thinking

so we lose MG and Mayes but gain Raz. Are we still short? Who becomes sub? Someone from the game last week? Or are they selected from emergency?

I’m already stressed about tomorrow so it’s clouding my thinking

One of the emergencies, which includes Mayes, Clurey, Peps and Woodcock.

Mayes is "omitted" because we played 23 last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pep will be the sub
Better be. He should be on the bench and stuck into the middle after 5 minutes and told to bulldoze his way thru their mids.

Of course he didn't address it.... Let me guess... He's the smart one and everyone else are just dummies? This willful ignorance of coaches refusing to acknowledge the blatantly obvious issues that everyone outside the club can see is an AFL footy coach trope from way back. How do you actually drink Coke with your hands over your eyes and your fingers in your ears?

Not sure how Hinkley came to the conclusion that our only problem early in games is accuracy. Giving up 4 goals in the blink of an eye has nothing to do with accuracy - it's just not being switched on. He needs to fire the players up before the game tomorrow night. We need to have the right attitude from the first bounce, not from 18 minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back