Preview 2021 Qualifying Final vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I prefer MG in the side, I think Raz coming in for him, kind of balances our forward line a bit more. Raz’s impact at ground level will be huge!

Not sure how Hinkley came to the conclusion that our only problem early in games is accuracy. Giving up 4 goals in the blink of an eye has nothing to do with accuracy - it's just not being switched on. He needs to fire the players up before the game tomorrow night. We need to have the right attitude from the first bounce, not from 18 minutes in.
I'll be just as over the moon as anyone if we keep winning, but if we give up another start and can't make it back his comments are gonna look bloody stupid in retrospect. I just hope if it does pan out like that, that the media don't let him off the hook. I didn't hear Kymbo and the Rooch, but as if you don't follow that up and with exactly what you said? Just nod your head and tell the nude emperor his clothes look fantastic.

While I prefer MG in the side, I think Raz coming in for him, kind of balances our forward line a bit more. Raz’s impact at ground level will be huge!

Agreed. I can see him having 8-10 touches tomorrow but 3 goals. He's our best opportunistic small forward, and his acceleration to hit top speed and find the goals is as good as any in the comp.

I have countless times this season been amazed by Raz's nose for goal when inside 35 metres from the goal line. He adds a dimension that none of our other small forwards have and will no doubt give Geelong another headache to deal with tomorrow night.

It hurts us to not have Georgiades, hopefully that's more than cancelled out by them not having Stewart. I'd be much more confident if Mitch was in, but we've absolutely got a team who can get it done. Fantasia is a wonderful inclusion.

Yep.

Like most ageing teams coming up against younger, faster, more talented teams the Cats will go the bash if we get on top to.try and regain momentum.

We need to not be intimidated but not sucked in. It's a balancing act.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the one thing I'm not worried about. We have enforcers across every line and big mature bodies. Jonas, Lycett, Wines, Charlie plus Spp if he comes in as sub will look after that side of things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

team differences between our Rd 13 loss to Geelong

Port Adelaide
IN: Lycett, Butters, Duursma, Fantasia, (Marshall - subbed out after first 5 minutes of game)
OUT: Georgiades, Powell-Pepper, Jones, Farrell, (Woodcock - subbed in after 5 minutes)

Geelong
IN: Stanley, Miers, C. Guthrie, Simpson
OUT: Stewart, Tuohy, Higgins, Ratugolea

Those changes are definitely better for us. Tom Stewart alone absolutely destroys us so him not playing is a huge plus for us

Of our outs
Georgiades - 1 goal from 8 disposals
Powell-Pepper - 1 goal from 8 disposals. Only 2 tackles
Jones - 8 disposals
Farrell - 1 goal from 5 disposals
Woodcock - 6 disposals

Thats only 35 disposals from the 5 players going out albeit with 3 goals

In contrast, of their players going out
Stewart - 23 disposals and 5 marks
Tuohy - 14 disposals and 4 marks
Higgins - 13 disposals
Ratulolea - 13 disposals

Last edited:
Genuinely think Geelong and Brisbane are the two teams we don't match up well against.

We don't match up well against their forwards at all, and their midfield is one of the few that beat us at contested ball.

Their defence is somewhat vulnerable with Stewart out, but they still match up well. Blicavs is a very good defender who will take Charlie and can match him for size and strength.

We might need to look at dirty ball into the forward line and utilise our small forwards, which is the one area I see them struggling against us.

Kick it in the air and they'll still beat us with MG out.

Hopefully Duncan is underdone and is slow to find form because he is absolutely key.

I'm genuinely worried about Cameron and Hawkins - really think we need Clurey for this one.

I'm so glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow - trying to focus on my work ahead of such a crucial game would have been mission impossible!!!
On night shift currently. Go home in the morning, sleep throughout the day and before I know it, game time.

In Ken’s defence, he has generally got us up for playing well in a first final - 3 wins, 1 loss - 2013 Collingwood, 2014 Richmond, 2017 WCE (loss), 2020 Geelong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Generally get us up pretty well for finals. The ones we have lost, have not been by much.

3 of our last 4 finals have been decided by a goal or less. Can we just win by 4 goals tonight I don't want to sit through another two and a half hours of that.

If Ken is ever sacked, I’m more than happy to fill the role. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back