List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it a waste? Proven intelligent clubman who will develop our young forwards vs some random kid who statistically will more than likely get the chop after 1 or 2 years. We've essentially landed an additional development coach. Surely you remember last time we culled our coaching department and the result of that
Put him on the vfl list then along with dev coach so some of his wage falls under a vfl cap, most clubs manage to fit coaches in their soft cap dont see why we can’t

id rather a rookie kid who has the chance to be a decade long player

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Charlie ham interchangeable with anyone delisted

the point is we shouldn’t be wasting playing list spots like this
I just don't see it as a waste. We trade one rookie spot for a part time staff member essentially, and it also provides us with a leader in the VFL who (assuming his body holds up) wouldn't shame himself if we had an injury crisis and was required to go up a level.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just don't see it as a waste. We trade one rookie spot for a part time staff member essentially, and it also provides us with a leader in the VFL who (assuming his body holds up) wouldn't shame himself if we had an injury crisis and was required to go up a level.
Its a smart business decision and makes complete sense. Lomas pointed out it might work to our detriment trying to circumvent the soft cap which is an equalisation measure, but if its above board it is fantastic. This place has complained for years at the strike rate at the draft, and the lack of development and we identify a player who can guide a really talented group of forwards to improve and the commentary is its a s**t decision because of a rookie spot. Club cannot win whatever it does.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As expected, Brady confirmed that CCJ and his management were adamant that he didn't go through the PSD and if it had have gone like that he could have chosen the Gold Coast as his destination instead. The 'walk him to the PSD' calls were always nonsense and we can now confirm that.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As expected, Brady confirmed that CCJ and his management were adamant that he didn't go through the PSD and if it had have gone like that he could have chosen the Gold Coast as his destination instead. The 'walk him to the PSD' calls were always nonsense and we can now confirm that.
'Leverage'
'We arent a ******* charity'

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its a smart business decision and makes complete sense. Lomas pointed out it might work to our detriment trying to circumvent the soft cap which is an equalisation measure, but if its above board it is fantastic. This place has complained for years at the strike rate at the draft, and the lack of development and we identify a player who can guide a really talented group of forwards to improve and the commentary is its a sh*t decision because of a rookie spot. Club cannot win whatever it does.
I'm positive it's been reported that at least one other club did the same thing we're planning (ie he almost definitely won't play seniors and it's clear they're just trying to save cash), and we're being completely up front about it. I can't see us getting in any trouble for it.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm positive it's been reported that at least one other club did the same thing we're planning (ie he almost definitely won't play seniors and it's clear they're just trying to save cash), and we're being completely up front about it. I can't see us getting in any trouble for it.
Port did it last year with Tyson Goldsack.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think the commentary here about us having leverage pre-trade was pretty valid for the most part tbh, though some of the rhetoric was excessive. The trade going through the way it did certainly indicated that it was a possibility (if not outright probability) but I don't recall there being any public talk about him not wanting to go through the PSD until he confirmed it himself in his first interview with us.

Port did it last year with Tyson Goldsack.
Couldn't for the life of me remember who it was, cheers for info.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would be a good outcome for both Tom and the Saints. He will hold his own if Ryder or Marshall goes down, will perform strongly for their VFL team, and is a great person around the club. Hope it happens.
The saints win loss ratio with Ryder out of the team is horrible.
They could use TC.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is the value of the VFL Cap? :stern look
1634713192798.png

Bugger all really.

Oh he could have? C’mon Empty. Like I said Rawling needs to head down to Big Sam Market to see how haggling is done. :stern look

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its less than an EFL or EDFL cap! If only we were a vafa side and could offer a lifetime of free schooling, some stock holdings and a board position on a tech start up
My coach in a bush league in the 1990s was on $55k.
That would be more than half our VFL cap.

Jul 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"we've seen a number of key signings this week" and then only mentioned Jy. I wonder if we have another announcement in the works.

Unfortunately that one may have just been poorly phrased by me - nothing else to report at this stage :(.

Great pick-up though - cheers, Rob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back