List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're desperate for a strong key forward.
Get someone mature who the young kids in the midfield can kick to and build confidence that when they deliver to the forward line someone will be there.
Will work wonders for their confidence and development.

Harry McKay or F McAsey PSD
J Riccardi trade for

get one

Harry McKay or F McAsey PSD
J Riccardi trade for

get one

Harry McKay is absolutely zero chance. Just because you keep suggesting it doesn't mean it it's possible.
McAsey is gettable, however is an unproven KPF, would be good cheap but isn't going to do much short-term.
Riccardi is yet to do enough at AFL level to warrant a trade, he's also not a true KPF IMO.

Harry McKay is absolutely zero chance. Just because you keep suggesting it doesn't mean it it's possible.
McAsey is gettable, however is an unproven KPF, would be good cheap but isn't going to do much short-term.
Riccardi is yet to do enough at AFL level to warrant a trade, he's also not a true KPF IMO.
Agree on each point; on the last, Riccardi is more Corey Jones than Wayne Carey

keen to hear your suggestions

Agree on each point; on the last, Riccardi is more Corey Jones than Wayne Carey

Correct.

Which goes to my point, it’s one of those things we won’t really rush. Only thing I could see us doing short term is bringing in a stop gap for a couple years (if we can find an improvement on Walker forward) or targeting an out of favour young key (McAsey).

The big offer will be reserved for the right type (talent and age) in a few years.

I think the thesis from a few of us on here is the club priority is to get the midfield right first, and build from there. That will mean making do with KPPs, except where - like Corr - recruitment can be down without cost to the draft position.

Refer to my post above. I don’t transcribe to the believe that it’s something we need to address ASAP (you seem to have this desire with many of your suggestions).

My suggestion would be to target McAsey if we can get him cheap, before targeting someone better in a couple years time when our midfield begins to function better going forward.

We will not get someone of high quality at this point.

Refer to my post above. I don’t transcribe to the believe that it’s something we need to address ASAP (you seem to have this desire with many of your suggestions).

My suggestion would be to target McAsey if we can get him cheap, before targeting someone better in a couple years time when our midfield begins to function better going forward.

We will not get someone of high quality at this point.
i agree it doesnt have to be addressed this year if the opportunity doesn't present

but the purpose of this thread is to identify potential names that could be gettable (due to out of contract, homesickness, under paid, lack of game time etc)

McAsey I agree who was one of the names I brought up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion I suspect, but I have more faith in Xerri surviving our rebuild than Larkey. The only chance Larkey has (based on what we've seen in the last 12 months) is if Xerri and/or Comben comes on quickly and takes the number one defender away.

Larkey isn’t a number 1 key forward, which is the issue for me. He needs to be second fiddle and if he was to be number 1 forward, he clearly isn’t ready yet. I’m really concerned about what this current forward setup is doing for his confidence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1092489

^ Exactly what we need now in support of Larkey. Lead the contested marks for half the season until getting injured. Always rated him myself.

We’re down Corr, Tarrant, and Xerri is working his way back. Then there is also Comben.

Probably didn’t count on being down so many talls.

Have mentioned previously that keeping Durdin or Daw could of been prudent.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back