List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'd trade a late pick for Chol so as not to dilute potential Dumont compo. You'd hate to lose pick 21 because you took Mabior Chol.

Fair pt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well Tyson should never have been signed for that, corr was due to injury and Polec has been disappointing so yeah that’s a different discussion.

but 350 forwhat would be in your example a depth/fringe player doesn’t strike me as cheap

The afl average is significantly skewed by rookie and early career wages. 350k for a player on a 3 to 4 year deal at his age is cheap. Would be well below market rate for a player of his age and time in the system

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whispers that I've heard today is that we have been linked to a couple of Port & Freo players.

Port players are Riley Bonner who is out of contract this year. The other is a "tall" which I'm tipping is either Ladhams (who we have previously shown interest in), Jarrod Lienert or Sam Hayes. I wouldn't imagine any of their other talls would be gettable.

Lachie Schultz is one of the freo players, but haven't been told who the other is. Their OOC list isn't really that appealing outside of Cerra.

I'd imagine we are probably just investigating potential PSD picks with these sorts of players (excluding Hayes and Ladhams who are contracted).
They all sound exactly like the type of players we should be interested in. On the younger side but won't cost much and either fill holes or have potential to develop.

I posted about I thought we should target Schultz months ago. He fills a massive need and imo is capable of getting to 30-35 goals on a consistent basis. I don't think it would have to be an either/or proposition with Mahony either. They're different players.

Bonner is intriguing. His skills are beautiful but I think it's fair to say he hasn't completely put it together. I reckon he's someone who'd be cheap but has high upside potential as a skillful halfback.

A Chol/Bonner/Schultz FA/Trade period would be quite good imo. We wouldn't be giving up much and would be filling needs with players with reasonable to good upside.

The afl average is significantly skewed by rookie and early career wages. 350k for a player on a 3 to 4 year deal at his age is cheap. Would be well below market rate for a player of his age and time in the system

Age and time in system is relative, if the bloke is largely playing vfl then it is not cheap at all

Age and time in system is relative, if the bloke is largely playing vfl then it is not cheap at all
He (Chol) is good enough to be in our best 22 IMO. He can start up forward and rotate with goldy in the ruck and he is well and capable to do so.

Richmond’s KPF/Ruck stocks are massive with soldo, Nank, CCJ, Ryan.

If we are prepared to offer him 3 or 4 years, then his current position on richmonds list isnt overly relevant to our list management team. In fact, the reason he is cheap at 350k is because he is playing reserves at his age.

He (Chol) is good enough to be in our best 22 IMO. He can start up forward and rotate with goldy in the ruck and he is well and capable to do so.

Ok like I said I’ve not seen much of him and if he is likely to be first 22 I’m more comfortable but looking at stats and limited vision I did assume he’d be more fringe

If we are prepared to offer him 3 or 4 years, then his current position on richmonds list isnt overly relevant to our list management team. In fact, the reason he is cheap at 350k is because he is playing reserves at his age.

As above if he’s best 22 for us then it’s fine but if was a depth signing I don’t see him as cheap

Ok like I said I’ve not seen much of him and if he is likely to be first 22 I’m more comfortable but looking at stats and limited vision I did assume he’d be more fringe
He has to be sold on potential too. The guy has a bit of development to go and isn't the finished product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a compo pick for a previously delisted players that are DFA's like our Hayden?

Not sure but I think they just become UFA's so I imagine so.

He has to be sold on potential too. The guy has a bit of development to go and isn't the finished product.
Of course, but in that case there needs to be some assessment into why those numbers would improve with us, what was holding him back at the tigs and how will it be different to harness the potential

Well we wont know he is best 22 until he gets here. Maybe watch him first before complaining about the dollar value of his contract

I was merely commenting on $350k being cheap, not necessarily saying he wasn’t worth bringing in. Semantics I believe but it’s not like some crazy bargain. Wouldn’t be fussed as a psd pickup

I've seen Chol play in the flesh once, in the 2s; has some real mongrel in him, put Bailey Scott into the ground at one point, and Bailey didn't enjoy the experience. As the flying ham points out, an upgrade on Xerri

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 3.55.15 pm.png

Not sure but I think they just become UFA's so I imagine so.
I don't know if there is or not or if there is an example of it happening. They become UFA but they don't have 8+ years service as a normal FA.

Should you get a compo for delisting a player and putting them on your rookie list and they then leave? That's the clubs error. We cut Hayden mid contract and now he will always be a UFA. If he turned out to be a good player should we be rewarded for our error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back