List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we just keep on drafting kids, with as many picks as we can get, we ain't there yet...

As i've said before, don't add sh!t to the list.

Keep growing through the draft and try and pick off the odd player that will help us for a minimum of 3 to 4 years plus through trades.

Noble asked about needs. Backline & midfielders with aggression/speed. Emphasized how aggression is required to win finals. Cannot see us not taking JHF with that priority.

Sounds like Wilmot.

HB runner with aggression and speed who takes the game on.

Not sure he lasts til our 2nd though.

But he could be there at Dogs pick (cur 15) which is up for grabs.

we’ve got Goldy
Touch wood, rarely injured and hogs game time

X as backup
And Edwards as back
And if anyone was wondering why Polec doesn't get a game (including me because I thought his kicking would be really useful), I present to you Exhibit A.
And Ats
Will need to be on a Meth bender to get another game

So Comben finally plays one game and does his shoulder after 2 years on our list. I think Lynch is great back up and will help Larkey. If Comben stays on the park with Larkey then Lynch plays magoos.

IMO.

We are not challenging for a premiership in the next two seasons regardless of what some delusional people on this board may think.

Lynch is a stop gap with no purpose.

Richmond won a premiership with one tall. Id prefer to develop young players instead of recruiting 30 year olds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like Wilmot.

HB runner with aggression and speed who takes the game on.

Not sure he lasts til our 2nd though.

But he could be there at Dogs pick (cur 15) which is up for grabs.
Horne-Francis/Wilmot/Banks sounds like the perfect mix for our first 3 picks. If we could somehow find a way to get Gibcus as well we’d have every line sorted longterm 😍

And if anyone was wondering why Polec doesn't get a game (including me because I thought his kicking would be really useful), I present to you Exhibit A.

My understanding from reading, listening to and a few insights - is that Polec is not a liked guy. There are legit game style issues as pointed out but when you are a bad culture fit during the time of Noble, the culture king - its tough to get a game.

I think he is gone.

fwiw - I think he would be very helpful but I don't see it happening.

Don't be surprised if we trade him for a 4th and pay a chunk of his salary.

We should be targeting Peter Ladhams or Mabior Chol via trade imo. That should be the only sort of trade done, then hit the draft with a top class hand.

Noble asked about needs. Backline & midfielders with aggression/speed. Emphasized how aggression is required to win finals. Cannot see us not taking JHF with that priority.

Basically write off anyone without leg speed in the draft based on a few interviews he’s given.

Also makes sense given his only draft to date = Phillips, Powell, Laz, Spicer (all have leg speed)

Stephenson and Atu also.

Seems to be more in line with the Richmond recruiting model. Speed and aggression above all else.

I think we can pencil in Horne, he’s basically Nobles wet dream. I think we will trade up for someone like Wilmot if we have to, he’s evidently not happy with our half back running options (Doesn’t bode well for Atley)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The days of pushing walker forward have been tried and trialled and no more... plenty avail as better and relatively cheap options

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
At three different clubs no less. Madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Assistant janitor or I don't want him.
Want a winning culture at the roos not guys who cant motivate people to play 4 quarters.
I would thought Carlton's main issue was list management - to even the load on Cripps and Walsh in the midfield they spent big money on a half back flanker with no record as a midfielder (Williams), and then more big money (and draft position) on another half back flanker (Saad). In economic terms, you'd call that resource misallocation

I would thought Carlton's main issue was list management - to even the load on Cripps and Walsh in the midfield they spent big money on a half back flanker with no record as a midfielder (Williams), and then more big money (and draft position) on another half back flanker (Saad). In economic terms, you'd call that resource misallocation
And they think the way out of this mess is to turf out a young coach. A new coach and they spend a year resetting their game plan and restructuring their list.

They need to make a couple of hard calls on some of their bigger money recruits and move them on, and spend the money they would allocate to a Clarkson or Lyon on some highly regarded senior assistant and line coaches and in their list management team. For carlton its always been the big name, big money recruit to get them out of the mire.

Look at *, made a brave call to not overpay for Saad, and recruited Hind who provides similar run and carry and is a good lockdown defender.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was a highly regarded assistant at WC when Brady was there. Wouldnt surprise

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would make me happy if North offered him a role - even a Summer development role - we have a massive off season coming!

Carlton announce he's gone and he can take it graciously and then announce he's moving to North - poor guy needs a break.

Such a tough , mentally chaotic pressure cooker - I feel bad for him.

Well it would certainly make sense with how vague yet tongue in cheek Brady was when announcing the manager position would be taken up by someone we know
Do you have a link to that? I only remember it vaguely, but would like to watch it again with this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back