List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cerra is not going to go to the PSD guys. If we wanted him (big if btw) We need to work a package of picks more attractive than what the Dees are offering

Cerra is not going to go to the PSD guys. If we wanted him (big if btw) We need to work a package of picks more attractive than what the Dees are offering
I think the only way we want him is if he does go PSD

we just watch and see if trade discussions blow up between all parties

pick 20 and next years first?

Or alternatively we should get creative with clubs expecting us to be s**t next year and do pick swaps

No need to mortgage the future on another midfielder like Cerra.

Just sit there and wait for the unexpected, just because it hasn't happened in a while doesn't mean it can't.

The PSD was also dead until Jack Martin brought it back to life and then Hately followed the next season.

Cerra could possibly give some leverage to Richmond in the CCJ negotiations, so I'd like to get him done nice and early, then we can just sit back and watch what unfolds.

Not sh*tting on the captain purely making a point to not read too much into those stats when he is taking majority of the kick ins and also plenty of chips across the defensive 50. He had a good year no doubt about it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ok well my interpretation is;

The guy after years of busting a gut is asked to play a different role , Corr and Taz are soon gone so JZ carries the can for the team down back without about 5/6 starters

Universally praised snd you suggest he’s padding his stats using soft touches

It’s rubbish

Last edited:
3. Who replaces Robbie?
Robbie Tarrant turns 33 on Anzac Day next year so he wouldn’t have been part of North Melbourne’s next flag but he might have helped save a game or two for David Noble next year.

With Ben McKay, Aidan Corr and swingman Josh Walker the key backs on the list, the Roos would ideally add another tall defender.

Essendon’s Jayden Laverde had a breakout year, has not signed a contract past 2022 and has been trade bait many times.

The Dons are adamant he has a long-term future at the club. But would a long-term offer from the Roos shift his thinking?

Could a long-term deal shift West Coast’s Harry Edwards, or is Hawthorn’s Tim O’Brien a two-year replacement?

The Roos will be methodical as they retain cap space for future years but it doesn’t mean a targeted approach for a player in the right age bracket can’t succeed.

The David Noble factor is real for player managers, with players who might have shied away from going to the Roos in previous years considering it, given the steady list build.

I wonder if this shrewd delayed one year contracts is more so about future potential players or just not rating the older guys that much.

Surely Geelong come knocking for Goldie again

It certainly allows the Club to reassess older players more frequently, as form and squad needs change, and as the younger players develop (or not).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Who replaces Robbie?
Robbie Tarrant turns 33 on Anzac Day next year so he wouldn’t have been part of North Melbourne’s next flag but he might have helped save a game or two for David Noble next year.

With Ben McKay, Aidan Corr and swingman Josh Walker the key backs on the list, the Roos would ideally add another tall defender.

Essendon’s Jayden Laverde had a breakout year, has not signed a contract past 2022 and has been trade bait many times.

The Dons are adamant he has a long-term future at the club. But would a long-term offer from the Roos shift his thinking?

Could a long-term deal shift West Coast’s Harry Edwards, or is Hawthorn’s Tim O’Brien a two-year replacement?

The Roos will be methodical as they retain cap space for future years but it doesn’t mean a targeted approach for a player in the right age bracket can’t succeed.

The David Noble factor is real for player managers, with players who might have shied away from going to the Roos in previous years considering it, given the steady list build.

Well, that’s an interesting perspective. Corr predates Noble but I guess he, Stepho, and CCJ if it comes off are signs of Brady/North being happy to go to the market with generous longer offers for players they target. We’ll see if it bears fruit.

To KC‘s point, the club has also at the same time shown it’s ready to farewell older players rather than negotiate similarly generous packages for them. In that environment it feels like Brown, Higgins and Taz are likely not to be last to be lured elsewhere.

Look at the rest of the McKay draft not one player is still on the list , or the Simpkin/larkey draft , ******* josh Williams ? Give me a spell he simply f’ed multiple drafts. Sure the drafts were compromised but other players were drafted that are at least still on lists. And again the durdin /Neilson /evw draft yeah a right corker that one

I’m not suggesting he was any sort of world beater as a recruiter, just pointing out that the picks we had over the Joyce years were a lot different to what our recruiters have now. There were years where our first pick wasn’t even in the top 18, the draft was that compromised. It’s a lot easier to identify talent with a top 5 pick compared to pick 20. I just think that needs to be taken into consideration when comparing previous recruiters to what we have now.

I agree that our 2nd and 3rd round picks over that time was very poor and it really is where recruiters earn their crust. We will wait and see whether the current team has more success in that area. The jury is still out on players like Mahoney, Comben, Spicer, Perez, Lazzaro, etc.

I’m not suggesting he was any sort of world beater as recruiter, just pointing out that the picks we had over the Joyce years were a lot different to what our recruiters have now. There were years where our first pick wasn’t even in the top 18, the draft was that compromised. It’s a lot easier to identify talent with top 5 pick compared to pick 20. I just think that needs to be taken into consideration when comparing previous recruiters to what we have now.

I agree that our 2nd and 3rd round picks over that time was very poor and it really is where recruiters earn their crust. We will wait and see whether the current team has more success in that area.

It’s a fair point I guess where I’m coming from is other sides got through it. It’s just that his fault or contributing factors or not whiffing on multiple drafts is why we got the spoon this year

3. Who replaces Robbie?

The answer is on our list - give Eddie Ford a pre-season with the defenders and see how he goes. At 189cm he is a perfect height to play a 3rd tall defender, he reads the ball beautifully in the air and he is a great kick.

Been a star, Robbie, and we thank him for his services, however we move on quickly to secure the next replacement.

I firmly believe we stick with the age demographic we have been chasing hard. Must be under 25 for mine.

Options

Jarrod Brander - Was a forward but has played defence in the past. Wont be at WCE
Sam Skinner - trained with us earlier this year as a forward, then has gone to South Adelaide and become an intercepting defender. Arguably the best option at state league level
Sam Weideman - Needs to be back in the discussion

The answer is on our list - give Eddie Ford a pre-season with the defenders and see how he goes. At 189cm he is a perfect height to play a 3rd tall defender, he reads the ball beautifully in the air and he is a great kick.
A young kid has shown he can play forward in limited time. Brilliant instincts. Loves the limelight and kicking goals. And we want to throw him back?

Been a star, Robbie, and we thank him for his services, however we move on quickly to secure the next replacement.

I firmly believe we stick with the age demographic we have been chasing hard. Must be under 25 for mine.

Options

Jarrod Brander - Was a forward but has played defence in the past. Wont be at WCE
Sam Skinner - trained with us earlier this year as a forward, then has gone to South Adelaide and become an intercepting defender. Arguably the best option at state league level
Sam Weideman - Needs to be back in the discussion
Maybe skinner but not enthused about any of those options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back