AFL RDT 2022 AFL RDT Trades Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My team after JHF & NOD -> Rioli & Angus Brayshaw. $36.5k itb

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.04.49 am.png

Crisp & Oliver are my current targets to complete my team. Idea will be to upgrade MacDonald and Milera/SDK and leave Martin at F7 and Daicos at D7. Hopefully ill still have about 9-10 trades left after that and will be able to cope ok with any late season carnage.

My team after my 3 trades

Crisp Short Dawson Brayshaw Whitfield Sicily /P. McCartin SDK
Macrae Oliver Neale Cripps Boak Steele Treloar Brodie /Ward Clark Hamilton
Witts Preuss / S. Hayes
Dunkley Heeney Gresham Coniglio Butters N. Martin / Rachele Curtis

Néed my Forwards to pull there finger out this round, they were ordinary last week

My team after my 3 trades

Crisp Short Dawson Brayshaw Whitfield Sicily /P. McCartin SDK
Macrae Oliver Neale Cripps Boak Steele Treloar Brodie /Ward Clark Hamilton
Witts Preuss / S. Hayes
Dunkley Heeney Gresham Coniglio Butters N. Martin / Rachele Curtis

Néed my Forwards to pull there finger out this round, they were ordinary last week/
That is a very strong team, not surprised you are ranked so highly. Are you going to target Gawn and another gun mid so you can swing Brodie forward?

That is a very strong team, not surprised you are ranked so highly. Are you going to target Gawn and another gun mid so you can swing Brodie forward?
Bit concern with my forward line, Brodie will go forward eventually
Gresham Heeney Dunkley Coniglio and Butters all scoring under 70 last week
Dunkley think was just a blip
Heeney think was just a blip
Coniglio not sure if he is a keeper
Gresham hoping it was just a blip
Butters is probably my biggest concern, if he can’t junk up against the Roos, will turf him next week
Like to get English in when back, for possibly Butters

Bit concern with my forward line, Brodie will go forward eventually
Gresham Heeney Dunkley Coniglio and Butters all scoring under 70 last week
Dunkley think was just a blip
Heeney think was just a blip
Coniglio not sure if he is a keeper
Gresham hoping it was just a blip
Butters is probably my biggest concern, if he can’t junk up against the Roos, will turf him next week
Like to get English in when back, for possibly Butters
Yeah, forwardline may be an issue but you have Treloar in your midfield too so maybe a combination of Dunks, Treloar, Heeney, Brodie & hopefully 2 of Butters, Cogs, Martin & Gresham can be keepers.

Im actually turfing Butters this round, not sure it is the right move given a favourable matchup for him but if i wait a week and his price drops i probably wont be able to get rid of him at all. I am a little annoyed i even started him as i thought he is a gun player but doesnt necessarily rack up big numbers. He has shown glimpses of form where he gets the ball many times but then goes missing. If i really backed my gut i wouldnt have picked him but i probably wouldnt have picked a good replacement anyway!

I had to use my 2nd last trade boost to turf Butters unfortunately but i think im happy now with a set defence, ruckline and 1 mid away from a complete midfield. My forwardline has the usual question marks in Cogs/Brodie/Martin behind Dunks/Treloar/Heeney. 15 trades left to get my last mid (Oliver) and then see if another forward pops up.

Yeah, forwardline may be an issue but you have Treloar in your midfield too so maybe a combination of Dunks, Treloar, Heeney, Brodie & hopefully 2 of Butters, Cogs, Martin & Gresham can be keepers.

Im actually turfing Butters this round, not sure it is the right move given a favourable matchup for him but if i wait a week and his price drops i probably wont be able to get rid of him at all. I am a little annoyed i even started him as i thought he is a gun player but doesnt necessarily rack up big numbers. He has shown glimpses of form where he gets the ball many times but then goes missing. If i really backed my gut i wouldnt have picked him but i probably wouldnt have picked a good replacement anyway!

I had to use my 2nd last trade boost to turf Butters unfortunately but i think im happy now with a set defence, ruckline and 1 mid away from a complete midfield. My forwardline has the usual question marks in Cogs/Brodie/Martin behind Dunks/Treloar/Heeney. 15 trades left to get my last mid (Oliver) and then see if another forward pops up.
If English played this week, would of turfed Butters, I’m giving him one last chance, also have one boost left, hoping to use it in the first week of the byes

If English played this week, would of turfed Butters, I’m giving him one last chance, also have one boost left, hoping to use it in the first week of the byes
Yeah fair call. English currently looks like the best forward option to upgrade to, but that may change when more DPPs are added. I dont think i can get English until after his bye though as i already have 4 dogs (Dunks, Macrae, Baz, Treloar) and a few Crows who share the bye.

This week im jumping on a couple defenders who have hit form and i hope are still underpriced. I am trading Daicos and Butters (and JHF) so im trading good players and hoping the 2 upgrades im doing end up being just that - upgrades. I keep thinking my team is lacking depth outside of my top 22 but with a few good rookies appearing for this round and hopefully the next 2 rounds too, i think ill be able to trade my dud benchies (looking at you Milera, MacDonald, McInnes and NOD) and create enough cash to facilitate my last upgrade.

I guess having Hayes is a blessing too as if i desperately need an cash injection, he can be cashed in.

EDIT: My team after trades. Say hello to Zorko and Brayshaw. Im nervous about both but at their current prices i think i can take the risk.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 2.46.24 pm.png

I don't know whether to use 2 trades to get Duncan or Heeney or 3 trades and get Taranto.

Prefer Taranto to the other two, but wary of burning through trades. Probably prefer Duncan over Heeney out of the first two.

Or wait a week for English to be back. But that requires patience.......and I have none!

Yeah I'd go Duncan. Probably like to see one more to make sure he's back, but it's a calculated risk

Daicos or Chapman to Brayshaw?

Chappy BE of 52, daicos 83

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOD > Hamilton
Rowell> Petracca 155k and 24 trades left.
1 DEF 1 MID 1 RUCK 2 FWD left to upgrade.
I'd like to try and turn Ward/Macdonald/Hayes into Taranto next week.
Dawson Laird/Keays and Duncan my main targets.
View attachment 1399307
24 trades left is great. Not sure you will need to upgrade more than 1 forward but i guess keep a watch on that. Taranto is a good target, i wonder if the new coach will give him more midfield time? If so, he basically becomes a must have.

24 trades left is great. Not sure you will need to upgrade more than 1 forward but i guess keep a watch on that. Taranto is a good target, i wonder if the new coach will give him more midfield time? If so, he basically becomes a must have.
I've got 4 boosts in the bank and i may start using 1 or 2 before the bye.

Milera (cheers spud) -> Cleary
Daicos -> Zorko

Seems like I'm chasing rookies early every week. Absolutely no def rookies though, except Khamis who I can't afford if I want Zorko. Holding onto final trade boost just in case I **** up one of the byes and get hit with carnage

Hate my team right now, especially Weakfield and Crab Cogs

D: Short, Zorko, Sic, Hew, Sinclair, Whit (SDK, Cleary)
M: Neale, Oliver, BSmith, Petracca, Jelly, Macrae, Cripps, NMartin (Clark, Carroll, Hough)
R: Gawn, Preuss (Strnadica)
F: Dunkley, Taranto, Brodie, Cogs, DCameron, Butters (Durdin, Rioli jr)

Like my backline except for Whit....SDK downgrade might allow me to upgrade Whit to Doch
Mids are ok, the big miss is Mills
Rucks are fine but ****** up not getting SHayes, Strnadica is not playing again
Fwds are atrocious, hate everyone except Dunks and Brodie. I am praying that BSmith somehow gets fwd dpp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back