• Luke McDonald

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 81 51.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Jack but still feel we need a change of energy top down to complement the changes throughout management and coaching.

Reminds me of Boomer handing over to Swallow for 2012. A change of guard worked well in spite of Boomer being a strong role model and gun player still.

Weekly yelling at the clouds of Jy to be named captain

Swans announced today they are continuing with 3 co captains

Mills replacing Kennedy

Co captains could be another option for us even for just 1 year
Giants also going with 3 captains

Bulldogs yesterday confirmed bont will captain again and a new leadership group

We can’t be far off announcing captain and leadership group with prac games starting in 2 weeks

What do you mean when you say the team wont be going anywhere if he is Capt.
What I mean is that for this team to go anywhere, it will require a new generation of leaders to be ready to step up. While Jack is still required to do the job, he will do it well. But that means nobody else has stepped up to take it from him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appoint Simpkin, he is a born leader
Having Ziebell around for 2 more years as well will help with the transition
Leadership group consisting of Simpkin, McDonald, Ziebell, Cunnington, Turner & Greenwood

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jy as skip is a good call
Don’t think cunners/zeebs needs to be in the leadership group - they’ll still be leaders without the title.
Rather have some of the younguns like larkey , LDU, McKay as future leaders given more responsibility

Jy should be skipper and I've been a person that thought JZ should have retained it in previous years.

It's quite clear Jy has all the respect of the playing group, they all reference him as the marker in terms of elite training standards at the club.

JZ is coming into a period of his career where he should be able to be dropped if he has form slumps. Some clubs have done it (GWS last year as an example), but I think the captaincy will become untenable for him if he slips towards a fringe player, which is a possibility in 2022.

Jy would then have a few years before we really rise up the ladder to get experience in the role.

Just updating as it’s somewhat/loosely relevant. If you don’t care then stfu

And to point out most clubs have announced theirs
steve buscemi film GIF

Didn’t we have this exchange already a few posts up saying how it’s relevant to the thread I created

We are one of the last clubs if not the last club to announce their captain and leadership group for the year with the first prac game next Thursday
Ports captain has nothing to do with who our captain is, post it in the thread about other teams. You're only posting here so you can bitch and moan again. If we're not changing captains, do we need to announce it? We're getting enough media attention at the moment and the only reason you announce the captain publicly is to get media attention. We may as well wait until the JHF hype is down half a notch.

Back