List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If a bunch of young recruits we've brought in are causing us salary cap headaches then that's a good thing, as it means they've been successful trades.

I'm also all for 24-26 year olds as well though as that's still relatively young.
My point is that we don’t really need any more players in that 21-23 age bracket as all of our young stars are in that demographic already.

If we try to blood any more players in that demographic it will only create for a greater list clog in 5-6 years time.

It’s certainly not the worst problem in the world if we have a bunch of players all the same age dominating the league but I would prefer to organically layer our age profile than be forced to trade out talent for picks down the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gonna add this little reminder: as a Northern club it is not us vs the Vic clubs. It is us vs all the non-Northern clubs. We Swans fans spend so much time hating on the Vic clubs that we forget the SA and WA clubs enjoy the exact same advantages.

Just gonna add this little reminder: as a Northern club it is not us vs the Vic clubs. It is us vs all the non-Northern clubs. We Swans fans spend so much time hating on the Vic clubs that we forget the SA and WA clubs enjoy the exact same advantages.

I say * all 17 other clubs

We were reminded last year unfortunately. The worst thing you see from the SA and WA clubs is when they’re luring local talent back home the heads of their list management teams usually say, “we’ve been watching player ‘x’ since their draft year and were always keen to get them back home.”

Why didn’t you draft them then you f**kwits?!

It was only last year that Dawson requested a trade home. I don't think Swans fans forget that easily

While i agree Adelaide has still a bit to go to even up the ledger with the talent they lost but at least they have players to draw from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back