List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh. You can all be negative and talk up our opponents chances and how hopeless we are.

I’ll concentrate on our superb drafting record and the fact that despite all these others teams winning trade periods and us coming up short resulted in us making a Grand Final whilst most of the others watched from home. No reason not to trust our list management team.

If top players won’t come to us at reasonable prices then I am more than happy to continue with the current strategy which absolutely seems to be moving us in the right direction.

If we lost Heeney, Mills, Warner, Rowbottom, Parker, Tom Mccartin etc for underpaying people would crack it too

got to invest in what you have, also we never know what calls or offers we tried

Haven’t been negative on us , just don’t wanna sit back and watch others pull of best 22 players. Shits me

We were Miles short and doesn’t mean we are back there next season

Cats just won by 81 and recruiting still
Cats have to recruit younger players. They’ll cliff eventually if they don’t.

Don’t clubs need to use two first round draft picks over a 4 year period?

Last one was 2020, none in 2021. If they trade their firsts this year then surely they have to have one in 2023?

Could be wrong.
Under the AFL's future trading rules clubs must use two first-round picks at the NAB AFL Draft over a rolling four-year period to ensure they aren't able to swap selections and trade themselves into long-term list strife.
There is a clause in the rule that allows clubs to apply for permission to trade out their picks even if they haven't met the rolling two-in-four criteria. The AFL in that case would assess the quality and age of the players brought into the club for those first-round picks.

Haven’t been negative on us , just don’t wanna sit back and watch others pull of best 22 players. Shits me

We were Miles short and doesn’t mean we are back there next season

Cats just won by 81 and recruiting still
Re negative I am speaking broadly, not necessarily targeting this at you specifically Punts, just getting frustrated with some of the (repetitive) commentary in general here. Sorry if you’re in the firing line 😂

Under the AFL's future trading rules clubs must use two first-round picks at the NAB AFL Draft over a rolling four-year period to ensure they aren't able to swap selections and trade themselves into long-term list strife.
There is a clause in the rule that allows clubs to apply for permission to trade out their picks even if they haven't met the rolling two-in-four criteria. The AFL in that case would assess the quality and age of the players brought into the club for those first-round picks.
Sounds like the sort of rule they’d give discretion to a team like Geelong but not a team like the Swans (trade ban?). 😝

They may need the AFL to sign off on trading a 2023 first rounder then if they don’t have any left in 2022, didn’t take one in 2021 and only took 1 in 2020 (by my count).

We lost a future brownlow medallist for unders.

We tool unders for aliir who went on to be an all Australian the very next year.

I know the club tried their hardest in the dawson deal but again we got bent over
Yet both players have ended up in teams that didn't make finals while their former team made a GF.

Re negative I am speaking broadly, not necessarily targeting this at you specifically Punts, just getting frustrated with some of the (repetitive) commentary in general here. Sorry if you’re in the firing line 😂
Yer I bring it on myself most times , all good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ABC article that was posted a while back had Gulden, Warner, and Rowbottom in the top 15 most valuable players (at least at the trade table) in the game. Then there's the likes of Blakey, McInerney, Stephens, McDonald, Campbell, and Tom McCartin to account for. And players like Sheldrick, Gould, and Roberts who could feasibly crack the firsts and go up quite significantly in value over the next few years.

That's only players that are still a few years off their prime as well. There's plenty of others on the list that have scope to go another level.

If we need to forego some shiny new toys to keep that core together then so be it.

They won’t use it to obtain some of these players coming their way? I just assumed they would apologies if incorrect.
I think they will avoid it if possible. That's why they will try get henry and bruhn done first. Probably why there's a hold up on bowes nominating a team.

Otherwise yea, of they do bowes first they will almost certainly have to use it in the deal in some capacity

This article is from 2017 but still relevant and a good read prior to this year's draft.

Great article. Part 2 is here for anyone interested:

There's a couple of posters here who I am sure that even if we won the GF they would still give nothing but post after post of negativity. It really is so sad.
Hate to imagine what they'd be like if they followed North. Note, I say followed, as they are not supporters.
I know that everyone is entitled to say what they like when they have the security of anonymity, but I personally hate it when all they can do is rubbish the club that I love.
Thank God for the ignore option.

There's a couple of posters here who I am sure that even if we won the GF they would still give nothing but post after post of negativity. It really is so sad.
Hate to imagine what they'd be like if they followed North. Note, I say followed, as they are not supporters.
I know that everyone is entitled to say what they like when they have the security of anonymity, but I personally hate it when all they can do is rubbish the club that I love.
Thank God for the ignore option.
I havnt seen anyone rubbish the club. I've seen people have High standards for the club and expect more than two humiliations out of our last 3 grand finals.

I for one believe strongly in the youth on the list and wouldn't trade alot of them for any player in the league. However I also believe the club should be ultra aggressive in their efforts to capitalise on the strength of the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back