List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through the last couple of pages, is Naughton a chance? Would be a good replacement for Lobb. With Lobb heavily linked to the dogs, Freo could then add a pick or another player to get the trade across.
Posted this previously. No chance. Sat behind him at a South Game during his bye week. His dad laughed when I suggested he need to change his South shirt to a Fremantle one.

Posted this previously. No chance. Sat behind him at a South Game during his bye week. His dad laughed when I suggested he need to change his South shirt to a Fremantle one.
With all due respect that doesn’t mean jack. Same with all the talk that pops up every time someone says Naughton didn’t want to come to us. So? You get drafted where you get drafted, otherwise it’s tampering. Unless the laugh is accompanied by ‘never going to happen’, it could have just been a ‘haha that’s not new’, ‘haha, I know something you don’t know’, or ‘haha I just thought of something funny my wife said the other day’. I doubt naughton is coming to Freo - probably never will - but a laugh from his Dad wearing a South’s polo shirt when his kid was drafted from Peel, doesn’t really mean anything at all.

Gunston is a free agent
Could be a reason why we are trying to low ball a few players?
If we put all our energy into Jackson, lose Mundy, we could actually plateau
next year?
I like the players who are the next crop, but this year has put more heat on our
forward line, and it has to be addressed.
We need more of a Clarkson playbook than a trust in the system mentality.

With all due respect that doesn’t mean jack. Same with all the talk that pops up every time someone says Naughton didn’t want to come to us. So? You get drafted where you get drafted, otherwise it’s tampering. Unless the laugh is accompanied by ‘never going to happen’, it could have just been a ‘haha that’s not new’, ‘haha, I know something you don’t know’, or ‘haha I just thought of something funny my wife said the other day’. I doubt naughton is coming to Freo - probably never will - but a laugh from his Dad wearing a South’s polo shirt when his kid was drafted from Peel, doesn’t really mean anything.
Ok your the expert.
Naughton was wearing the South polo he had been given by the club as gift for the day. He trained with South over the off season and had become mates with them hence came to watch the Detby as a guest of the club. His dad is an one eyed Sharks supporter. The question was asked by me to Naughton. Naughtons old man laughed and said no way and Naughton shook his head. His old man made it pretty clear he couldn’t see his son playing for Freo.
I suppose it doesn’t mean Jack

Cousin played with Naughton at Kolbe and they're still good mates, I've brought it up with him before how Dockers should try and get him and the response i usually get is something like "Not likely, Loves it in Melb".

I dont think its anything against Freo specifically though and if we offered him enough coin im sure he wouldnt be against it

Yes because she’d definitely be privy to that and would certainly share it with randoms.
Which part? The salaries are my estimates, she just said that they have cap issues. Big Footy is the place to share all haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok your the expert.
Naughton was wearing the South polo he had been given by the club as gift for the day. He trained with South over the off season and had become mates with them hence came to watch the Detby as a guest of the club. His dad is an one eyed Sharks supporter. The question was asked by me to Naughton. Naughtons old man laughed and said no way and Naughton shook his head. His old man made it pretty clear he couldn’t see his son playing for Freo.
I suppose it doesn’t mean Jack
Not the expert at all. Just offered up some possibilities. One of them suggested that if he said not a chance, then that’s probably true. Now that you’ve fully explained the situation and the conversation, I’d agree you’re the expert not me.

Only speculation but always nervous putting multi year offers in front of a guy like Gunston who is 31 in October. If he had 3 more good years left in him at AFL that would definitely be a win.

Got smashed in the ruck in that game though but big O has also smashed Darcy

Not many 20 year old rucks ‘dominate’.

If Jackson comes to Freo it will be massive. 2 firsts is more than fine. He was pick 2. He’s 20 years old. Our picks will likely not be top 10. We have an abundance of youth.

This is an absolute no brainer opportunity and supporters are worried over what exactly?

Not many 20 year old rucks ‘dominate’.

If Jackson comes to Freo it will be massive. 2 firsts is more than fine. He was pick 2. He’s 20 years old. Our picks will likely not be top 10. We have an abundance of youth.

This is an absolute no brainer opportunity and supporters are worried over what exactly?

agree…but the stench emanating from our forward line is a concern.

Schoota is inconsistent. Switta injured. Walters almost finished, Sturt almost on the delist line, Lobb almost gone, Taberner may as well be called tampon, cos he’s in for one out for three.

We DESPERATELY need amiss and Treacy to come on, and we need to prioritise forwards with everything else we have

Only a few weeks ago had a monster game in Gawns absence.

Best to compare a 20 year old Jackson with a 20 year old Darcy.
If Tabs can stay on the park he is capable of 30-40 goals.
You’d say Jackson here would be close to 20 goals, Darcy?
Amiss, Treacy to spread the defence, and hopefully our medium/smalls
can take advantage of the ground ball.
But it still asks the question of who will be that medium tall?
On paper we have Fyfe, Banfield, Sturt, Erasmus.
Logue if she stays appears best suited to that swingman role.
Looks like we are still missing another 20-30 goal performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back