Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
v1.0

View attachment 1317458

Please don't ask me what happens if the 3 injury prone blokes I got at F1 to F3 get injured early
That is better than my first team was.
Same as I said for the last team. You need to bat deeper in defence i reckon. I doubt we get 5 defender rookies.
Stewart is a brave move. Lisfranc is a worry.
Nice team though.

My team atm. Light on in mids. Hopefully Pruess plays and I will upgrade R2 when the times right. Should eek out enough points forward and back to remain competitive for a while until SC gods f@#k me over.

View attachment 1317393
I’d be concerned about being light on in the mids when you’ve also gone skinny in the rucks.

That is better than my first team was.
Same as I said for the last team. You need to bat deeper in defence i reckon. I doubt we get 5 defender rookies.
Stewart is a brave move. Lisfranc is a worry.
Nice team though.
Yeah it's wishful thinking that we get so many cheapies. I did a 12 premo GnR side last year and had a ripper year, so I'll do it again, just depends where the cheap options are.

Is Stewart back training, or still out? I've been so busy over the last few months I'm so out of touch with footy news

Stewart down to Short/Dale/Whitfield would give me a nice bit of cash to use elsewhere

Yeah it's wishful thinking that we get so many cheapies. I did a 12 premo GnR side last year and had a ripper year, so I'll do it again, just depends where the cheap options are.

Is Stewart back training, or still out? I've been so busy over the last few months I'm so out of touch with footy news

Stewart down to Short/Dale/Whitfield would give me a nice bit of cash to use elsewhere

I'm not sure Dale will keep up his 2021 form.

Mines a 12 premo + 4 midpricer team.
I guess I must be spending a little less on my premos.
1643323387624.png

I wouldnt be worried about your forward line. You actually are pretty strong compared to my own.

I'm not sure Dale will keep up his 2021 form.
Any reason? Daniel gets moved around, too risky for me. Also no points for intercept marks and other points from defending. Dale is your go-to kicker, why would he drop off? If anything, he'll be more comfortable down back now, I can see an improvement. Looks a safe ~100 def premo to me, purely based on role

Any reason? Daniel gets moved around, too risky for me. Also no points for intercept marks and other points from defending. Dale is your go-to kicker, why would he drop off? If anything, he'll be more comfortable down back now, I can see an improvement. Looks a safe ~100 def premo to me, purely based on role

Mostly just a vibe honestly.

Thanks. Not sure I have many of those, and they're mostly chilling on the bench. (Sheldrick, Goater, Lohmann, Rankin.)
POD's are great. But IMO coaches that select too many usually suffer. If one fails your on your own with them as a selection.
I reckon if you select your team taking ownership % into account you are setting yourself up too fail.
Pick who you think will be the best scorer, ignore ownership % would be my advice.
If you end up with a POD you have selected on merit great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POD's are great. But IMO coaches that select too many usually suffer. If one fails your on your own with them as a selection.
I reckon if you select your team taking ownership % into account you are setting yourself up too fail.
Pick who you think will be the best scorer, ignore ownership % would be my advice.
If you end up with a POD you have selected on merit great.
I use % ownership and byes when I can’t split players I like. Plenty of opportunity to separate yourself as the season goes on. Although not when you trade in Luke Ryan instead of Mills just to be different for the sake of it like I did last year. Pod for pods sake isn’t good.

I use % ownership and byes when I can’t split players I like. Plenty of opportunity to separate yourself as the season goes on. Although not when you trade in Luke Ryan instead of Mills just to be different for the sake of it like I did last year. Pod for pods sake isn’t good.
1 or 2 is fine.
Its the teams who have 5-6 that struggle.

Have at it campaigners!

Second draft - have punted the injury prone Dunkley and Butters, brought in Grundy.

Even though I'd put JDG on my never again list after the poo he served up at the start of last season but I've got a feeling that he's playing for his career this year and going to go nuts. Of course that could blow up in my face!

Rookies will depend on R1 selections.
6b363e52e14f9b8532be9add4d1601b8.jpg
Too much love for your own team IMO. Thomas and Simpkin both need a fair jump in average to be worthwhile at their prices.

Have at it campaigners!

Second draft - have punted the injury prone Dunkley and Butters, brought in Grundy.

Even though I'd put JDG on my never again list after the poo he served up at the start of last season but I've got a feeling that he's playing for his career this year and going to go nuts. Of course that could blow up in my face!

Rookies will depend on R1 selections.
6b363e52e14f9b8532be9add4d1601b8.jpg
how did you fit your team on one screen in mobile view lol?

He took a fair chunk of kick outs to from memory. I had Daniel and he wasn't always doing it last year.

The own %'s aren't available yet, but I suspect all 3 will have sub 5% ownership. You are right though, that doesn't make them bad picks in any way. Astute picks in fact, however I personally still wouldn't start with more than one or two sub 10% owned PODs in a Rd1 side from a strategic perspective.

I could be wrong but I reckon Dawson will be a sub 10% POD as well unless he fits in seamlessly and kills it in the Ansett Cup of course.
It is on gold. Duncan more than you thought - 28%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back