Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been one season for a very injury prone Hall to say he’s going to be the number defender is very interesting

He said probably.

From his injury-affected game on, Hall averaged 115.5 over 16 games.

Calling him over-priced at 105 is mental.

He does have a poor injury record but like someone else pointed out, his role is completely uncontested and involves bugger all contact with the opposition - he doesn't tackle or get tackled. So he might be alright

1 season out of 10 isn't enough to fill me with confidence. Especially at that price. Regardless of role.
Which is fair enough but with that logic you’d be ruling out so many players. Unless for whatever reason he isn’t playing the same role, there is no reason he won’t average 100+

So do you believe Hinge plays Round 1 ?
He would if I was coach , if he gets Kelly’s role it will cause a rethink, but I don’t think so .Right age and size, surgery good, AYK those 31 pts in 30 mins of uninjured play ,running great times and apparently kicked a goal in strong side match sim 😳 so no lockdown def hopefully.

Hall had surgery this time last year to remove a mass at the back of his throat. It had restricted his breathing his entire career.
He used to blow out late in games and late in quarters.
I expect the improvement in his performances to continue.
Not many people outside of diehard North fans knew about that last year. I traded him in soon after you told me about it in a PM.

Not many people outside of diehard North fans knew about that last year. I traded him in soon after you told me about it in a PM.
I had already blown trades on Lachie Young, Sleevo and LDU.
Its a pity I missed the one midpricer from north to go full premo.

He said probably.

From his injury-affected game on, Hall averaged 115.5 over 16 games.

Calling him over-priced at 105 is mental.

He does have a poor injury record but like someone else pointed out, his role is completely uncontested and involves bugger all contact with the opposition - he doesn't tackle or get tackled. So he might be alright

How come nobody is considering Ziebell for the same reasons?

It's just nuts to me to spend that much on a veteran player who has only proven it in one season. Who is to say teams won't suddenly put a clamp on him like they did to Jason Johannsson? I just want more exposed form personally. If I miss the boat it's my own fault.

It's just nuts to me to spend that much on a veteran player who has only proven it in one season. Who is to say teams won't suddenly put a clamp on him like they did to Jason Johannsson? I just want more exposed form personally. If I miss the boat it's my own fault.
Ziebel really looked to drop off. Less touches and less scores as the season went on. You’re pretty much basing him off one season too tough, considering his past good seasons were in a completely different role.

Ziebells slow down came at the same time north improved.
Less ball coming down back.
Hall is the biggest seagull since Joel Bowden. He only kicks to someone if he can get a hand pass back for another kick.

Ziebel really looked to drop off. Less touches and less scores as the season went on. You’re pretty much basing him off one season too tough, considering his past good seasons were in a completely different role.

Time will tell. I won't be mad if you're correct. I just feel I can spend that money more wisely and confidentiality in my starting lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was Birchy who recently pointed out that the one time a team DID try to clamp him down, when GWS put De Boer on him for the whole game, he scored his highest total of the year, 141

Could this be the $50,000 team? Or the 50,000th team by round 23?

Pretty set with my defence, mids and rucks. Maybe Gawn to Darcy.
With the position changes coming in rds 6, 12 & 18 this year, might go little lighter in forward line if forward rookies appear. Maybe worth a wait if a Uber premium mid or ruck gains forward status.

C4C37BD2-C8FC-4648-B76E-C75F793C2DF7.jpeg

What do kents think mills will average this year
115-120 would be my guess, but it all depends on his body.

Last year was his first season in the midfield, and apparently he was playing sore for most of the year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he goes bigger this year with a season of experience as a full-time mid, and hopefully no injury concerns. We were also a bit tentative on his role swap earlier last season, and would throw him back occassionally, but he averaged around 117 once he became a full-time midfielder.

I'm strongly considering him myself. My only reservation is the Swans aren't exactly transparent with the fitness of players. For example, we only found out Mills had been playing sore once we rested him, and seemingly every time Heeney is sent off for surgery, we find out he's been playing with injury concerns.

I think he's definitely good value at his price, but I wouldn't pass on a super super premo for him, unless it allows you to make a solid swap elsewhere.

You sneaky bastards!

Alison Brie What GIF

I said it in the trade thread also.
You guys didnt listen though.
Hell I didnt even listen myself.
No, I remember you posting that info on Hall .....it was pretty early in the piece too, in response to all the negative posts about his injury history

I've gone Ziebell .....partly because I think clubs will curtail him, but also I didn't like that he was very slow scoring in the first halves, in the back-end of the season .....doesn't leave a lot of room if you rely on a half to do all your scoring

I said it in the trade thread also.
You guys didnt listen though.
Hell I didnt even listen myself.

I talked up Walsh all last season. Then proceeded to select Cripps at the last minute instead, just to save 20k.

I am such a dingleberry.

I talked up Walsh all last season. Then proceeded to select Cripps at the last minute instead, just to save 20k.

I am such a dingleberry.
I dont trust myself with picking north mid pricers.
I know I have bias, I think its best to ask someone who is not as involved as I am.
Rookies I dont care so much about, we have so many its easy to make up any difference from picking a dud.
Picking 3 mid price fails from your own club then proceeding to point others in the direction of the one that works, then not take them yourself is SC suicide.
I went from rank 300 to 1200 in like 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back