Autopsy 2022 Rd 21 Last quarter surge masks woeful performance

Who wishes I'd stop stuffing around with this poll after a loss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think Carrol was that good at all tbh and his VFL form has been worse

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was exceptional in his first game - link up work with Walsh and Cerra was first rate and had a few cameos in a couple of other games.

Tapered off in his last couple, but he’s shown enough to suggest he has a future - something you can’t say about Dow.

No I don’t think I we can, but if you’re there you put in your best shot.

You’ve got to be in it to win it, and if we are there, give it all we’ve got.

Remember 99? We got flogged by brisbane by 70 points in first final, were a fairly mediocre 12-10 home and away side, cards fell our way and we got a home final v west Coast then beat Essendon.

No likely to happen but who the bloody hell knows. Sides go in and out of form and we are currently in poor form.

Cripps is likely to be rubbed out by the MRO, so we have to rely on either The Tigers or more likely St Kilda losing their final 2 years.

Don't really like making finals by 'default' (wouldn't knock it back though)

There is something smelly about our club, that hasn't been fixed yet...

3x Coaches Bolton, Teague and Voss - Haven't been able to get anything out of our group...

We can't be keep blaming the coach...
It's either one/or all of, our list isn't talented enough, our whole list is mentally weak or they just think they want it, but don't really want it...

When the pressure is on our core group s**t the bed...

Weitering, Motlop, Saad, McGovern, O'Brien & Walsh can hold their heads up they tried and performed all day...
It’s about 6 coaches

There is something smelly about our club, that hasn't been fixed yet...

3x Coaches Bolton, Teague and Voss - Haven't been able to get anything out of our group...

We can't be keep blaming the coach...
It's either one/or all of, our list isn't talented enough, our whole list is mentally weak or they just think they want it, but don't really want it...

When the pressure is on our core group s**t the bed...

Weitering, Motlop, Saad, McGovern, O'Brien & Walsh can hold their heads up they tried and performed all day...

This is quite a different side to what Bolton had and also a few additions to what Teague even had.

We are out of form currently and side has been shown to be middle of the road, so back to where we thought before the season began.

Sucks but if you said we’d be where are we now before the season you probably have thought it was about reasonable.

No I don’t think I we can, but if you’re there you put in your best shot.

You’ve got to be in it to win it, and if we are there, give it all we’ve got.
We won’t be there so won’t have to go through the pain of getting dumped out week one.

ecoperformance.gif

Least I can says i haven't been this stage out of losing emotional investment in team at this stage of the season in years.

So that is something
Just play the kids for the rest of the season, even if we somehow Bradbury our way into the finals, we would just get steamrolled anyway

Send the players who need off season surgery to get it already and plan for season 2023 already.

Embrace being #eco and start the pragmatic approach of preparing for season 2023 and beyond.
How about we stand up and play the season out rather than look for an easy way out? We aren't totally dead yet as unlikely as we look.

Was exceptional in his first game - link up work with Walsh and Cerra was first rate and had a few cameos in a couple of other games.

Tapered off in his last couple, but he’s shown enough to suggest he has a future - something you can’t say about Dow.
Doesn't mean he gets a game next week when his VFL form is bad

Don't reward poor form otherwise you'll end up with another dow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Dow,
got nowhere near a pass mark. What a pity.
This was his chance.
So many stuff ups, turnovers. I feel quite sick.
We are getting killed from the middle.
Fish attend 11 centre bounces for 0 clearances
Crippa 29 for 0
Cerra 25 for 2
Walsh 25 for 2
Dow 9 for 3 clearances
How does that work?
Buts let’s keep rolling thru the same centre set up
TDK did not help the problem

Our problems start in the middle of the ground. TDK was obliterated today. Our midfield were smashed. The midfield and specifically centre bounce clearances have gone from a great strength to a glaring weakness. Hard to see us winning either of the next two on current form. Really disappointing end to the season.

Don’t be fooled…lions stayed in the 3 qtr time huddle for the first 15 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep players who failed under real pressure all of a sudden got better under next to no pressure (Fisher and Cottrell)

No coincidence.

Even more remarkable was how we again folded once they stepped up again, 3 goals in as many minutes. Pathetic

Cripps is likely to be rubbed out by the MRO, so we have to rely on either The Tigers or more likely St Kilda losing their final 2 years.

Don't really like making finals by 'default' (wouldn't knock it back though)

It’s not default, if we are better than 10 other sides we deserve to be there.

Dogs need to win their last 2 v GWS at marvel (likely) and hawks in tassie (tricky, they lost to them last year down there).

Richmond only need to win one of their last 2 to go ahead of us, if we don’t win again.

Saints would need to win both against brisbane and Sydney at marvel, or 1 and hope we get flogged last 2 games to move ahead of us on percentage.

I would like us to go 3 years at least (preferably 5) keeping our first draft pick and developing our own kids/future guns, pick up moneyball guns who can help us immediately like Hewett via Free Agency, but I think we need to go stop trying to go for chequebook recruits (via trade and FA) and just solidify/regenerate our list via the draft.

Having said that, really thrilled with Jesse Motlop, he is going to be a beauty with 18 months more worth of games under his belt

We didn't expect to w

We didn't expect to win but we expected effort and physicality that avoided a goalless first 4o minutes and a 10 goal 3/4 time deficit
Well, they do that to teams up there. Their game is designed for that ground, and their KPD's know how to defend the quick kick.

Go through their results up there this year, and you'll find that's what they do to teams up there, with few exceptions. It's both a strength (in that it allows them to be a natural top 4 side, as they'll bank sufficient wins every year they're good enough to be top 4 provided they win more than 4 away over the course of the season) and a weakness (they will struggle to win at the G against a side more familiar with it than they are).

Fish attend 11 centre bounces for 0 clearances
Crippa 29 for 0
Cerra 25 for 2
Walsh 25 for 2
Dow 9 for 3 clearances
How does that work?
Buts let’s keep rolling thru the same centre set up
TDK did not help the problem
Yeah, bring in dow and don't play him in the centre......

Voss doesn't even want him in the side is my reading from that

Voss can’t over come decades of sub par (putting in kindly) administration , coaching recruiting and playing at our club.

12 wins is 12 wins. Maybe we’re just not any better than that.

I'll be interested to see what Sayers reaction will be to the season. He doesn't seem to be the type to sit back and do nothing.

I would like us to go 3 years at least (preferably 5) keeping our first draft pick and developing our own kids/future guns, pick up moneyball guns who can help us immediately like Hewett via Free Agency, but I think we need to go stop trying to go for chequebook recruits (via trade and FA) and just solidify/regenerate our list via the draft.

Having said that, really thrilled with Jesse Motlop, he is going to be a beauty with 18 months more worth of games under his belt
Elmer, you locked the club and burnt it down in the gameday thread.

Hold the phone a minute, please.

Back