Autopsy 2022 Round 2 Blues hold on to beat Dogs. Charlie kicks 5

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting game. Maybe we spent too many tickets in the first half playing fast football.
Good being able to change the plan and try and make it a slog late though.
Amazing Walsh to play and get heaps but he was rusty as.
Maybe English ain’t the best ruckman, but geez he is good around the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always loved players who just crack in and get the job done on a weekly basis. Guys who don’t catch the eye of the media, but you can 100% rely on to get the job done. Think Peter Dean, Michael Sexton, and Heath Scotland.

I’m prepared to add George Hewett to that list. Absolute gun.
Yep, clearly a guy you'd love to play next to

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Setterfield hasn’t made a bad decision with the ball yet this year. Didn’t like his inclusion Rd 1, but he’s proving me wrong.
Had a quiet 2nd half with a few others but the dogs had it on their terms.

Loved his attitude and willingness to get involved which both were non existent last year

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

6 Brownlow votes in the first 2 rounds surely.

FOnEMATVcAQll62
Yes
But don't call him Surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield hasn’t made a bad decision with the ball yet this year. Didn’t like his inclusion Rd 1, but he’s proving me wrong.

A little too prone to the old up-and-under, and seems a bit hesitant to tackle at times (had a couple of chances to bury an opponent and just kinda hesitated).

I do think he's now playing a very team-oriented role though, and is probably being graded by the coaches on positioning more than direct output. Might get some more excitement out of Kemp there, but would likely also lose out on the defensive aspects, so suspect he'll hold his spot for much of the season.

There is no way Plowman is in our best 22
There was a few times in the last qrt when he didn't go and make a contest or didn't go and help his team mate out
The sooner Stocker comes back the better

Super super proud of the boys!

Voss has been preaching that we need to adjust our game to the way the match is playing out and we did that.

Each time they got within 12 points, we flicked the switch and then played conservative.

Far cry from last year.

We're a work in progress but bloody hell that progress is on super speed.

It might have looked nervy at the end, but had they scored a goal from all those shot, we would have played it differently.

I banged on about Cripps having a superstar game and it was never in doubt. He wanted to show the comp and the Bont that you're not ahead of me mate.

Kennedy again. I want to say at the top of my lungs "I TOLD YOU SO"! His game time was actually very low.

Pitto! He has gone the next level. Clear as daylight he has.

Charlie is back ladies and gents! Can you imagine when he starts clunking them again.

The Harry and Charlie combo. First time we have seen them shine like that. * that was good to see.

All the players that I felt like struggled last week, stepped it up this week. O'Brien, Charlie we both great. Setters was good again (minus 1 turnover when everyone was doing it).

Walsh did look a bit rusty... wait until he gets a few games under him... and you add Cerra!

Just super proud!

We have something special brewing guys... enjoy the payout on years of emotional investment

Back