List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
We're going to end up taking two first rounders that will end up being 8 and 12 aren't we?
If Rawlings takes that he may as well sign his resignation after he signs the AFL paperwork.

The acquisition of Rawlings could turn out to be one of the worst moves in our history. He has overseen **** up after **** up and is well an truly on the negative side of the ledger.

kevin-hart-who-is-that.gif
One Bonar is enough.

Having two in the side will give me nightmares.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Little bit of a contradiction there, basically his "fair and reasonable" apparently only involves us losing something we don't want to lose.

Obviously all still at the posturing stage of it all, but surely when it gets down to the pointy end, the onus is totally on PA to get the deal done, even if that means paying overs. They've offered him the massive contract, convinced him to nominate only them and he has now pretty much burnt his other bridges. JHF and his management would surely have wanted assurances the deal was definitely going to get done.

From our side of things, we are not obligated to do anything. He's contracted to us next year, if we aren't happy we should walk away. It may mean we don't get quite as much if he goes at the end of next year, but the crucial thing is, the risk of a slightly smaller return in a year's time is far smaller than the risk to PA and JHF if the deal falls over this year.

PA must get it done, we only should get it done if it works in our favour.

We owe JHF nothing and have no reason to be pushed over.
Exactly. Said something similar. It's common knowledge you have to pay overs to get a contracted player, doesn't mean it has to be ridiculous but it won't be 'fair & reasonable' that's for sure. They have to satisfy us otherwise we walk away.

Last edited:
Hopefully he takes the advice on board and gives them the 3am jilted lovers style texts.
A diatribe of words with creative insults. There’s no amicable way this goes forward, the kids a generational talent.
I reckon it’s just selected excerpts from Alanis Morrisette’s Jagged Little Pill at this point myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS said he wouldn't try to arrange a trade. He would tell the manager what was needed to make the deal work and tell the manager go work it out with PA. You arranged JHF to want to go to PA, you arrange the deal we want with them.

SOS wouldn't waste any time on it. Get what we want or he stays.

Sounds like there’s going to be a Lebron James style press conference on Wednesday. With Jack Bowes announcing his decision.

I'm worried. Rawlings said Tucker and Bowes fitted the age group we wanted.

Bonner fits that. Surely even Rawlings isn't this dumb.
You’ll be surprised. We get bent over on the majority of trades over the years that I’m almost expecting it as a given.

Don’t know why we have hired such incompetent decision makers for such a long period of time.

SOS said he wouldn't try to arrange a trade. He would tell the manager what was needed to make the deal work and tell the manager go work it out with PA. You arranged JHF to want to go to PA, you arrange the deal we want with them.

SOS wouldn't waste any time on it. Get what we want or he stays.

Please do this Brady. Please.

(I fear Brady lacks the confidence and swagger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back