Media 2023 AFLW Swans Talk in Media

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

23,183 people at our 5 regular season home games in Sydney this season! You showed up in numbers and we heard your voices at every game! We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing support

30OCT23: SwansW Daily Media
Last edited:

Swans talk starts 11:42mins in and special shout out to Gemma for her LRT jumper:heart:
The at 22:15 some Chloe Molloy talk.

And Gemma mentioned towards the end of the show that she's doing an article on the Swans later this week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The analogy I use with the players and the parents is that if I'm sitting in my armchair, and I'm 80 years old, looking back, and AFLW's flying … I want to know that I played my part advancing it, not pulling it back," Gowans says.

"It sounds philosophical, but it's so true. You don't want to be the one that's held it back … we need to be courageous to coach here because at times, you're going to look a bit silly.

"And we did; we looked silly against Geelong last year. They annihilated us. But I could still see the little bits and pieces out of the game that I thought were really good. We didn't throw 10 people behind the ball and make it a stoppage game, we just kept taking the game on."

I fkin love this guy. How good.

I fkin love this guy. How good.
Great article. Just how you would hope that it would be. Strong characters all putting in. Love that Harley is so invested but doesn't feel the need to show off. And that the guys genuinely care too.

Great article. Just how you would hope that it would be. Strong characters all putting in. Love that Harley is so invested but doesn't feel the need to show off. And that the guys genuinely care too.
Agree. It really is a very good article that shows the Swans strengths at their best. I get the impression that some men & women teams are very separated. Whilst ours is very much integrated already into the club, which is a credit to all involved.

At this point of AFLW we need women to know they'll be treated as professional athletes by a professional club, its going to be critical in our ability to attract players.

Agree. It really is a very good article that shows the Swans strengths at their best. I get the impression that some men & women teams are very separated. Whilst ours is very much integrated already into the club, which is a credit to all involved.

At this point of AFLW we need women to know they'll be treated as professional athletes by a professional club, its going to be critical in our ability to attract players.
I think that, but also to be respected as humans. The effort that is made in all aspects of the players' lives must be very attractive to people who have not experienced that.

Another article talking about our improvement this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back