Media 2023 AFLW Swans Talk in Media

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

The @SydneySwansAFLW were the worst defensive team in the competition last season. Across their recent four-game winning streak, they’ve been the best. Inside their turnaround, and their record tackle haul

Say what you will about Kane, but he has always been nothing but professional and asks genuinely good questions in his AFLW interviews. As opposed to others who clearly couldn't give a shite, I'm :eyes: at you Dwayne!

Left the Cats for more opportunity. Well she's certainly getting that.

Say what you will about Kane, but he has always been nothing but professional and asks genuinely good questions in his AFLW interviews. As opposed to others who clearly couldn't give a shite, I'm :eyes: at you Dwayne!

Left the Cats for more opportunity. Well she's certainly getting that.
And grabbing it with both hands!

more accolades for Tanya Kennedy
another great article by Gemma Bastiani with very appropriate photos

more accolades for Tanya Kennedy
another great article by Gemma Bastiani with very appropriate photos

Gemma is terrific. I started following her in her blog days before Twitter was ruined. Great analyst and writes really well. Love to see her succeeding in the mainstream.

16NOV23: Swans Daily Media
Swans talk starts 10mins into the video - more Tanya Kennedy love

Bella Smith interview:

Tanya Hetherington interview

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gemma is terrific. I started following her in her blog days before Twitter was ruined. Great analyst and writes really well. Love to see her succeeding in the mainstream.
She commentated the Swans VFL game vs Collingwood and was outstanding. Had an irreverent wit and great knowledge of the game and match-ups as they were unfolding.

Am I correct in assuming that as good as Tarrant is, there's a tier of defenders above her in the AFLW? Because to my eye she just looks elite but I haven't seen the rest of the competition to judge so was surprised she's not in AA contention.
She looked elite in the back half of the season, not so much in the front half. But same goes for most defenders (just ask those of us playing fantasy, jeez it's been a crapshoot back there), they'll look great for a few games and then disappear. Most of the defenders named in the AA are the more rebounding running types who can look more consistent. The most similar to Tarrant IMO would be Biddell, maybe O'Driscoll.

She looked elite in the back half of the season, not so much in the front half. But same goes for most defenders (just ask those of us playing fantasy, jeez it's been a crapshoot back there), they'll look great for a few games and then disappear. Most of the defenders named in the AA are the more rebounding running types who can look more consistent. The most similar to Tarrant IMO would be Biddell, maybe O'Driscoll.
Same as for the men. The AAs tend to go to the more spectacular types rather than the solid team-focussed ones. Ella Heads too.
Maybe next year.

Same as for the men. The AAs tend to go to the more spectacular types rather than the solid team-focussed ones. Ella Heads too.
Maybe next year.
If Tarrant and Heads end up down the same underappreciated path as Heath Grundy I will burn both competitions to the ground.

If Tarrant and Heads end up down the same underappreciated path as Heath Grundy I will burn both competitions to the ground.
Not just Grundy and not just the Swans. So many midfielders chosen out of position, no taggers ever, etc. This year's was the closest to a proper team in a long while.
I attended the game vs WCE. They had two pretty tall defenders who prevented us from running right away with the game. One of them has gotten some press and may end up AA. On that day's play, well deserved.
If Brenna makes the squad that's probably about right.

Not just Grundy and not just the Swans. So many midfielders chosen out of position, no taggers ever, etc. This year's was the closest to a proper team in a long while.
I attended the game vs WCE. They had two pretty tall defenders who prevented us from running right away with the game. One of them has gotten some press and may end up AA. On that day's play, well deserved.

Do you mean the game we scored 200 points and won by about 170 points? I'd had to think what would have happened if we really had "run right away with it"!

The squad is out already: All-Australian squad: New faces galore, Crows dominate, Cats out

And yes Charlie Thomas is there for WCE.

18NOV23: Adelaide vs Swans Match Reports
A hard days night at Norwood tonight for the Swans. Outclassed by a better and far more experienced team but we are all so proud of how far they've come in our 2nd year of AFLW footy. We'll get better - because that's what Bloods football is about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back