Media 2023 AFLW Swans Talk in Media

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

20NOV23: Swans Daily Media

An insightful article by Hawks player on what they want in their new coach and refers to Swans achievements this year. A rather honest assessment of where they are at and its clear why Goddard 'retired'.

"We've certainly set the foundations for ourselves, but you look at teams like Sydney and what they were able to do this year, and that's really what we're trying to springboard off," Bates said.

An insightful article by Hawks player on what they want in their new coach and refers to Swans achievements this year. A rather honest assessment of where they are at and its clear why Goddard 'retired'.

"We've certainly set the foundations for ourselves, but you look at teams like Sydney and what they were able to do this year, and that's really what we're trying to springboard off," Bates said.

Referring to both tactical and relationship skills. Particularly having all players on the same page with the game plan. Very good article indeed.

Referring to both tactical and relationship skills. Particularly having all players on the same page with the game plan. Very good article indeed.

FYI, the article is just a cut and paste of what Emily Bates said while she was on the W Show. I just tried getting a link but it was being weird and I couldn't be bothered persevering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She missed the last three games of the regular season and finished just one vote off the winner. The 2023 AFLW Rising Star runner-up, Ally Morphett

“Each of these players had a role at this club and contributed to the fabric of our team," Sydney Swans General Manager of Football - AFLW said.

Scott Gowans has been rewarded for an incredible 2023 season, crowned joint winner of the AFLW Senior Coach of the Year by the AFL Coaches Association.

We'll deserved. Not only a great job but done in a wonderful fashion. My kids always appreciated coaches who had empathy as well as coaching skills and it seems that Scott has that in spades. One club.
100%. He's been amazing with the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back