Media 2023 AFLW Swans Talk in Media

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Lauren Szigeti

Edit:
Transcript
"One of the special things is that they can't really do their homework on us. They can do it on individual players, but no-one knows how we'll come out and play as a team. I think we'll be a bit of a surprise packet," said Swans co-captain Lauren Szigeti.

Last edited:
Naming our co-captains

I'm really torn on whether Harley gets Gil's job. He would do it as well, if not better, than anybody, but we would lose him. He has been very good.
I know, I really want him to stay. He's a really smart operator whose well connected and respected. Can't underestimate how important he is to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bronwyn Gulden is grappling with what she describes as an “amazing” problem to have over the next few weeks. Her youngest son, Errol, has an AFL finals campaign ahead of him, and her eldest, Adam, is hunting a reserve-grade premiership in the VFL
she’ll be busy living out a dream of her own she thought had long passed her by.

Most of it will be lived through a group of 32 young women, who on Saturday will be the first Sydney Swans women’s team to take the field in the AFLW, introducing themselves to as many as 10,000 people at North Sydney Oval against St Kilda.

28AUG22: AFLW Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Last edited:
29AUG22: AFLW Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Montana the next big thing in AFLW
What we saw from Ham before the injury was the signs of something special. The teenager’s size and power stood out, as was her smoothness around stoppages.

A strong contested mark followed by a 45 metre laser into the corridor just before the knee injury was one of those draftee glimpses that will have Swans fans frothing.

This article is about Swans Academy alumni, Jess Doyle. She's going pretty well for the Giants and, unfortunately for us, she has committed to them for this season and next. It's interesting to hear her thinking and some of the other comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back